Galaxy Note 2 pre-delivery buyer remorse

daso

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Sounds dramatic, I have a SG3 but after playing with my friends GN 2, I just loved the screen size, i could type faster and web pages are just easier and nicer to look at. Games rock as well. I think the s pen will change the way I use it as well, but the thing really is big. Ahoukd I. Wait for new tech Jan or go ahead? What do you all think.

AustinTech

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
The phone and screen are awesome but the phone is too damn big. Awkward as all get out.

I have the GS3 and the Note 2 and I just can't get used the size. I'm a big dude, 6'8'', and the Note 2 is not comfortable to use.

I'll return the Note 2, even though it is a nice step up from the GS3.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Sounds dramatic, I have a SG3 but after playing with my friends GN 2, I just loved the screen size, i could type faster and web pages are just easier and nicer to look at. Games rock as well. I think the s pen will change the way I use it as well, but the thing really is big. Ahoukd I. Wait for new tech Jan or go ahead? What do you all think.

I say go for it. I was apprehensive at first (coming from an S3 too) but it doesn't take long to get used to this beast. At the very least, you have 14 days to give it a test drive.

As far as waiting - well, there will always be something bigger and better on the horizon. Do you wait for the S4 or the Note 3? :D

JediJesus95

Nov 1, 2009
Visit site
At first I thought the screen was too big but after a couple of hours I don't think I can go back to a smaller screen. It just feels perfect and my gnex now feels really small.I think it you adapt to it pretty easily.

dt81

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site
I just pre ordered the Note 6 so I can be one of the firsts.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

daso

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Thanks, I'm pretty psyched for it, but I'll probably keep the S3 for when I need a smaller phone (that's funny) when out. Can you just swap the sim between the two when you want to change?

infmethod

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
After 3 hours the size was a non issue for me. Now I ask myself why I havent had a screen this big years before this. I love everything about my Note 2. Ive sold my tablet, my galaxy nexus and dont use my desktop anymore. I dont pc game so everything I can do on my desktop, I can do it with the note 2. Its a perfect device for my needs.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
In March will have this device. But not selling my tablet. I love my 10.1

sent from either my HTC Rezound or my Samsung Galaxy 10.1 tablet

Tokio_Love

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
I just pre ordered the Note 6 so I can be one of the firsts.

I laughed harder than I should have with this post, it waw hilarious

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums

Sableye

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I kinda figure the note 2 is meant more as a media device / pocket tablet than a phone. If you need too use it as a phone a lot it may be too big. Otherswise, just a pocket tablet :)

rexxman

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
I love the Note2 but will not consider a 16gb model. Min of 32gb, preferably 64.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

kslghost

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
People focus so much on the fact that the screen is big, but because of how thin and "smooth" the whole phone is (without a case for me), it really doesn't "feel" big. In fact, all other phones just seem small now. But one thing is... I almost never use the phone to just "talk" anymore (as a lot of people now) so you spend so much time looking at these screens, the definition of phone is simply not what it was.

kslghost

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Another way to look at it is: Remember Zoolander? When Stiller had the tiny tiny phone and people thought that was going to be the trend (and it was before smart phones came out). Well we know that's not going to be the trend, so get with the times!

OffSpot2

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
I remember trying to choose between the Droid (physical keyboard) or DroidX (bigger screen). I chose the bigger screen and never regretted it. Now I have to choose between easy carry or bigger screen. I will choose the bigger screen again. 95% of my time on my phone is spent browsing, reading and playing. It is a no brainer...

vNaK

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I've gotten used to the size fairly quick. Now every other phone feels too small. I also have a Nexus 4 and it feels incredibly small even for a 4.7". Loving the note 2. :)

John Campbell

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
I said since I got my iphone and people said it was too big that I would get a bigger phone if there was one. Every one I have gotten has been bigger and I thoroughly enjoyed each more than the last. I will say that 6" would likely be my top out size in 1080p aspect ratio. But there more my phone can replace my netbook the better. I have no interest in lugging around 2-3 devices to have the best "experience" at all times. I'll take my phablet with VNC plus desktop and a flash drive instead of phone tablet laptop desktop etc.

saltysteve

Aug 8, 2011
Visit site
Big but the best! Werent most phones huge when they just came out? You will get used to it. If its just a phone to you then get the s3 or something else. To me I use my phone more like a browser or tablet. 90% of my use is not talking on it. Kind of funny when I think about that. I text alot and have no trouble with that . People say its so huge but most of them are haters. This device replaced my computer and phone and tablet for 95% of my use. I love my note 2 for that reason

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

mrmoe110

Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Thanks, I'm pretty psyched for it, but I'll probably keep the S3 for when I need a smaller phone (that's funny) when out. Can you just swap the sim between the two when you want to change?

When I got my Note 2 I just took the sim out of my Nexus, put it in the Note, turned it on and it activated on its own. Just like switching between gsm phones.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
szcad