Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    401 Global Posts

Default note 2 issue or no?

Hi,
    I just picked up a note 2. Nice phone! Like it much more than my razor.
    Need to know if this is an android quirk or what it is..
    I notice when the phone is sitting on my desk idle, random things open up and or popup.
    For instance, after sitting idle it pops up with a number or a text window or something.

Noting major I guess or is it?

I could be pressing the home screen and all of a sudden the camera opens up..

I do have 14 days to play with it, but so far, easily nicest phone ive ever used!

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Default Re: note 2 issue or no?

Quote Originally Posted by pnico View Post
    Hi,
    I just picked up a note 2. Nice phone! Like it much more than my razor.
    Need to know if this is an android quirk or what it is..
    I notice when the phone is sitting on my desk idle, random things open up and or popup.
    For instance, after sitting idle it pops up with a number or a text window or something.

Noting major I guess or is it?

I could be pressing the home screen and all of a sudden the camera opens up..

I do have 14 days to play with it, but so far, easily nicest phone ive ever used!
    yeah that it is a feature if you wave your hand over it , it tells you stuff...you can shut it off from settings>motion> quick glance
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato

Be careful what you are thinking when you are close to it too. I responds to your thoughts as well. I don`t think Verizon will let you turn that off, along with Google tracking every step that you take... LOL

I am sitting here at my desk with my phone in front of the keyboard and sort of under my chin at an angle. All of the sudden the screen turns on and flashes some information at me, but it's gone before I can see what it is. A minute or two later the same thing happens again, but this time I notice it is showing me a phone icon with a 0 missed, email icon and battery %. Next time it just shows me the time. I haven't seen this before so I thought I might have changed a setting in a new app or something.

I spend the next 30 minutes going through settings on recent apps I have added, go through phone settings, research the web and found this post on my second attempt after changing some search parameters. I am now laughing inside at myself, but glad I found out my phone didn't have a ghost.

My only negative thought to this feature would be increased battery usage. I would assume the front facing camera or proximity sensor would have to remain on for this feature to work. My battery has drained a bit quicker today so maybe I changed this earlier today, but I can't be sure.
    Current Devices:
    LG G3 - AT&T
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - AT&T
    Motorola Moto X - unlocked GSM
    Samsung Galaxy Note 8 - LTE AT&T
    Apple iPad Mini Retina - 32GB LTE

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Quote Originally Posted by jneusch View Post
    I am sitting here at my desk with my phone in front of the keyboard and sort of under my chin at an angle. All of the sudden the screen turns on and flashes some information at me, but it's gone before I can see what it is. A minute or two later the same thing happens again, but this time I notice it is showing me a phone icon with a 0 missed, email icon and battery %. Next time it just shows me the time. I haven't seen this before so I thought I might have changed a setting in a new app or something.

I spend the next 30 minutes going through settings on recent apps I have added, go through phone settings, research the web and found this post on my second attempt after changing some search parameters. I am now laughing inside at myself, but glad I found out my phone didn't have a ghost.

My only negative thought to this feature would be increased battery usage. I would assume the front facing camera or proximity sensor would have to remain on for this feature to work. My battery has drained a bit quicker today so maybe I changed this earlier today, but I can't be sure.
    I have it on and still get over a day of battery

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato