Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default ROM Manager? (Rooted)

    Is anyone else having issues with ROM Manager flashing the ClockworkMod Recovery? I've noticed that the Note 2 is listed, but it's the international version (n7100)... Would this have any kind of affect as to whether or not it works?

    I just wanted to create a backup of my phone before I really start messing around with things.
  2. #2  
    DroidXcon's Avatar

    Posts
    11,644 Posts
    Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

    Default Re: ROM Manager? (Rooted)

    Quote Originally Posted by SonOfUncleSam View Post
    Is anyone else having issues with ROM Manager flashing the ClockworkMod Recovery? I've noticed that the Note 2 is listed, but it's the international version (n7100)... Would this have any kind of affect as to whether or not it works?

    I just wanted to create a backup of my phone before I really start messing around with things.
    that wont work for the VZW version. your best bet is to use Odin to flash the rooted stock image, then use titanium backup
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: ROM Manager? (Rooted)

    Okay, do you think that ClockworkMod will release a version which is compatible with the Verizon model? (I'm just iffy to use Titanium Backup, because I've had issues with it in the past)
  4. #4  
    DroidXcon's Avatar

    Posts
    11,644 Posts
    Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

    Default Re: ROM Manager? (Rooted)

    Quote Originally Posted by SonOfUncleSam View Post
    Okay, do you think that ClockworkMod will release a version which is compatible with the Verizon model? (I'm just iffy to use Titanium Backup, because I've had issues with it in the past)
    I wouldnt expect it for awhile
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato
  5. #5  
    TheDroidLurker's Avatar

    Posts
    137 Posts
    ROM
    Rooted, De-Bloated Stock

    Default Re: ROM Manager? (Rooted)

    The Vzw note 2 has a locked bootloader. Until that gets cracked we won't be using cwm or rom manager. You just need to use Odin to root and load ROMs. I am coming to Samsung from Motorola DX2 so I am definitely missing CWM.

    Sent from my sweet Verizon Galaxy Note 2
    Rocking the Galaxy Note 2. Rooted and De-Bloated. Take that VZW!!
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

    Default Re: ROM Manager? (Rooted)

    Okay thanks guys! (And I'm new to Samsung as well, coming from the HTC Thunderbolt)
  7. #7  
    DroidXcon's Avatar

    Posts
    11,644 Posts
    Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

    Default Re: ROM Manager? (Rooted)

    Quote Originally Posted by SonOfUncleSam View Post
    Okay thanks guys! (And I'm new to Samsung as well, coming from the HTC Thunderbolt)
    Well samsung usually isnt locked, even the thunderbolt was locked at first..and samsung is much easier to root and rom
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato

Similar Threads

  1. So I thought I rooted using the FAQ...permissions problem with Rom Manager?
    By rnp614 in forum HTC EVO 4G Rooting, ROMs, and Hacks
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 10-19-2010, 02:01 PM
  2. ? about rom manager after 2.2 root
    By arsinic in forum Incredible Rooting, ROMs, and Hacks
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-11-2010, 12:29 PM
  3. ROM manager and froyo 2.2 rooted
    By marshall_634 in forum HTC EVO 4G Rooting, ROMs, and Hacks
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-30-2010, 09:28 PM
  4. Rooted froyo bb v.04 question. Rom manager
    By beloved1228 in forum Motorola Droid Rooting, ROMs and Hacks
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-21-2010, 11:05 AM
  5. Superuser 2.2.2 - Lost Root - ROM Manager
    By belogical in forum Incredible Rooting, ROMs, and Hacks
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-14-2010, 10:33 AM

Posting Permissions