Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Bosgarage57
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Note2 battery compared to Razr Maxx

I have a Maxx and looking to upgrade to the Note2. Does the Note hold a charge all day like tge Naxx?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Note2 battery compared to Razr Maxx

Also, how about the radio comparison? Will the note stay connected like the Maxx?

Global Posts
    48 Global Posts

I like the Note 2 much better than the Maxx. My Maxx's battery probably lasted a little longer. But after the ICS update made my Maxx somewhat unstable the battery life went way down. I have much better 4G & WiFi connectivity with the GN2 than I ever did with the Maxx. l also think the call quality is just as good on GN2 as I got from either Maxx or Bionic. l haven't found anything to beat the call quality of my original Droid X. All things considered, the GN2 is the best phone l've ever owned. YMMV
    Last edited by collett; 12-08-2012 at 10:06 AM. Reason: typos
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I need a response from someone that lives in BFE!!!!

Global Posts
    408 Global Posts
    ROM
    ViperRez

Your BFE is different than everyone elses, but my reception is the same/ maybe a little bit better than my Rezound was. You have 14 days, get it, try it, dont like it, return it
    collett likes this.

ROM
    Stock rom/rooted

Quote Originally Posted by Bosgarage57 View Post
    Your BFE is different than everyone elses, but my reception is the same/ maybe a little bit better than my Rezound was. You have 14 days, get it, try it, dont like it, return it
    You will love this phone. Battery life is awesome.

The best I have had to date was yesterday. The Note 2 was on for 16 hours and when I went to plug in the charger I had 28% left. My Maxx would never have given me that much service.
    Just love my GN2

Went from the Razr Maxx to the Note 2. I know Motorola is known for gray radios in their devices, but in my opinion, where I'm located at, I get about the same, if not better signal with the GN2.
    As for the battery, it all depends on your own usage. I'm getting something close to the Maxx, but with a bigger and better screen, I was anticipating a drop-off.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using Android Central Forums.
    Since 2008: HTC Wing>Sidekick 3>Sidekick Slide>Sidekick LX 2009>Palm Pre>Blackberry Curve 8330>Motorola Droid>HTC Thunderbolt>Razr Maxx>Samsung Galaxy Note 2>Samsung Galaxy Note 3.

Global Posts
    120 Global Posts

Seems to hold a charge.lol

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Note2 battery compared to Razr Maxx-uploadfromtaptalk1355023900843.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by TnA206 View Post
    Seems to hold a charge.lol

Screen-on time? That's the most important part...
    Last edited by aventador779; 12-08-2012 at 11:36 PM. Reason: Added quote

Global Posts
    120 Global Posts

Probobly 6 hours. It was during the week and I dont use it at work.

I have both. Gave my wife my MAXX to replace her rezound. So far, I've been averaging around 20 hours a charge with a little over 4.5 hours screen time with my Note2. I'm a pretty heavy user that includes streaming Crackle, playing Order and Chaos, lots of email and Facebook. I am quite pleased with the battery capacity.

Had the maxx before the note 2 and the battery life isn't as good at all. I will say the maxx was amazing and the note is very good. Yes I wished they put a larger battery in since its such a large screen. The battery is actually smaller than the maxx battery!
    I've had a few drops calls and low 4g bars in the same areas where the maxx was a bar higher. Ive also had several text failed to send.
    Note2 still is the best phone yet!

I previously had the Razr Maxx before switching to the Verizon Samsung Note 2. Yes, the Razr Maxx battery life is very good. The battery life of my Note 2 is also very good. At this time, I can't yet say which is better. It's sort of a moot point for me since I'm constantly topping off my battery charge while at work, as I keep an extra charging cord at work, and many extra chargers at home and in the car, and in my pocket, etc. The reason I have so many chargers is a leftover habit from my old Thunderbolt days, as the battery life on the Thunderbolt was simply horrific although better after getting the extended hump-back battery.

I still have my Razr Maxx which I keep at home connected to my wifi for reception. When I pick up my Razr Maxx now, it just seems so small, almost too small now that I've gotten used to the massive 5.5" Note 2 screen. My biggest small peeve is that I pretty much need to use both hands to hold the Note 2 for typing. Trying to type one handed on the Note 2 is a bit of stretch for my thumb to reach the farthest keys on the keyboard. On the plus side, I do appreciate all the numbers above the letters on the keyboard without having to press the stupid symbol button to get numbers to show up, which is always a hassle.

The one major, major, major thing I appreciate is that the Note 2 has a user replaceable battery. As soon as local retailers stock extra spare batteries for the Note 2, I will be buying a couple extras. As you know, the Razr Maxx has a non-replaceable battery which I consider a downside, despite the large battery size. I personally prefer phones that have replaceable batteries versus not.

Just my .02 cents worth.
    Is that a Samsung Note 2 in your pocket, or are you just glad to see me?

^
    Have you tried using the one handed keyboard function? It makes one handed typing almost as easy as my old galaxy s1.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightscape View Post
    ^
    Have you tried using the one handed keyboard function? It makes one handed typing almost as easy as my old galaxy s1.
    Yes, thanks. I've tried the one handed keyboard function. Problem is the keyboard gets narrower and makes for more typo errors using my thumb. Maybe I should probably practice more.

Casey

By the way, the Razr Maxx was the first phone I ever had with a non-removable battery. This made me so paranoid that I'd run out of juice while in some remote location that I had literally bought several different self-contained batteries of different sizes and milliamp ratings that I kept with me in different locations. I have a portable 1800 milliamp battery, a 2,500, 3,500, 6,000, and even a whopping 16,000 milliamp battery device that is the size of an external storage drive with 5 USB outlets for charging devices. I have literally spent several hundred dollars on all these battery devices that can be charged and in turn power other devices such as a phone or other USB powered device. That's how paranoid I was about running out of juice with my Razr Maxx since I wasn't able to swap out another battery. That's why I prefer a phone that has a user replaceable battery so I can keep an extra one or two fully charged battery in my jacket pocket to swap out when needed. I know, I know, this is positively a sickness, haha!

Here's a link to the 16,000 mAh battery that can power 5 USB devices, I have this unit.
    Amazon.com: i.Sound Portable Power Max with 16,000 mAh for iPod, iPad, iPad2, iPhone, DROID, and BlackBerry: MP3 Players & Accessories