I'm Liking the ThingSling on my Note 2!

jodyberry

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I got a few cases for my phone; one is the Seidio Active case, and another is a cheapo case (from Casewear) I got before the Seidio.

They are both similar and kinda slick (literally) when I use in one-handed operation so I was looking for something to help me grab on to the phone better.

My main issue is that I wanted to attache it to the case and NOT the naked phone. So I didn't want something that add too much thickness.

I considered the Flygrip, but it seemed kinda thick and a little more than I wanted to spend. Then I saw a post in here about the Thingsling. They were far less expensive and a thinner form factor. Plus, it would allow me to use one, two or three fingers. (OK, maybe not MY 3 fingers). So I ordered a few.

When I went to attach it on my $8 cheapie case, I realized I needed to scrape off the rubbery surface since it wouldn't stick very well. So I figured out where I wanted the thingsling (lower and a little off-center) and then taped off the area and sanded with 100 grit on the area till it showed white (bare plastic). I then used their alcohol pad and then attached the clip.

It actually works quite well! I still have the security of a padded case and the ability to safely hold it one-handed so that I can reach across to the far edges of the phone.

I'm gonna try it a few more days to see if I really like it before I mount it to my (more expensive) Active case! So far it's working good.

I've attached some pics, but basically it's a thin flexible bungee-type material that you slip your fingers under. I'm getting the hang of doing that one-handed while my phone is sitting on a table or on my car seat.

An finally - NO, I'm not a Thingsling salesman!!! I just wanted to share with the community.

P1040512.jpg

P1040513.jpg

jodyberry

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I think that's with their case.

The main item is $8.99 but I found a coupon code where I saved a couple bucks.

The case in my photos is a cheapie I got for 8 bucks on ebay.

Sent from my Samung "Brick"

jopi

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
I have the same exact case. It interferes with my bestskinsever so I am looking for a different case, probably just a bumper.
I am guessing you can now reach your entire screen easily now? How is it holding to the shaved case?

jodyberry

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I have the same exact case. It interferes with my bestskinsever so I am looking for a different case, probably just a bumper.
I am guessing you can now reach your entire screen easily now? How is it holding to the shaved case?

It definitely won't come off! Although I'm now using a seidio active case. When I was using the thing sling I was able to reach any part of the screen with my thumb. But I found myself not using it very much. That's why I went back to my active case. Fickle I guess!!

Sent from my Samung "Brick"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair