upgrade now available for me.

kerrdj

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Coming from a rooted TB that i thought could take over the world with the correct apps, this phone is amazing. I love it

Sent from my Verizon Note Duece

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
thank you for the reply. do you have anything negative to say about the phone?
Locked bootloader,,, besides that there are little things like notification bar was grey but i was able to change that after we got root. most of my complaints are Software base that can be changed with a good ROM. Oh also the screen is not gorilla glass i dont believe i already have 2 small scuffs but i have a screen protector coming so that will take care of that. Speaker Volume was a little low but Volume + took care of that.

weasel123

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Locked bootloader,,, besides that there are little things like notification bar was grey but i was able to change that after we got root. most of my complaints are Software base that can be changed with a good ROM. Oh also the screen is not gorilla glass i dont believe i already have 2 small scuffs but i have a screen protector coming so that will take care of that. Speaker Volume was a little low but Volume + took care of that.

thank you for the info, i really appreciate it. I think i'm going to get this phone.

weasel123

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
DroidXcon. Is this a phone that the specs would be good for a while? Or should I wait until a better phone comes out in about 2-3 months?
Just your honest opinion.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
What are your must haves? You can get tons of suggestions on the best phone spec wise, but they all are a compromise in some fashion.

What is most important?

Sent from my X-Band Modem... TY Genesis

weasel123

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
I want a phone that won't be obsolete in a few months. I want a phone that can get the newest software without any problems and verizon to do so.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
well any of the current flagship phones will last through the next year. Personally I would say Note 2/SGS3. If you want to wait a bit, the SGS4 will be out in something like June.

No matter what phone you get, Verizon will hold the update up on. It is just a fact of life with them. Even the Nexus was subject to the BS. If you are into custom ROMs, you can get the newest faster but otherwise it will take time.

The three phones that are the best right now specwise is the SGS3, Note 2, DNA, Maxx HD. They all have there pluses and minuses and you would have to be more specific to narrow it down. Do you need a lot of storage? How about battery, how about screen (size and PPI)? Do you prefer a manufacturer....camera?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37