1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default "Grippy" cases for Note 2?

Why is it impossible to find a case for this phone that is not slippery? I probably have a stricter definition of grippy than most. Wish I could find a rubber (not TPU) case even if it sacrificed durability. Any ideas? Tried fly grip but too hard to reach entire screen. Currently using Armor Shield but is slippery. Cheap TPU case is best so far but living in FL humidity makes everything slippery.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Default Re: "Grippy" cases for Note 2?

I totally agree!!

I got a Seidio Active case and the rubber is fairly slick. I also got a similar cheapie Casewear case and it's actually more "grippy" than the Seidio! Also, in another thread, I attached a Thingsling to the cheapie case to help me with one-handed use.

Since I like the Seidio case, I even tried roughing up the rubber part, but nothing I tried (short of sandpaper) touches the stuff!!

Let me know if you have any better luck!

You may laugh. But the Body Glove case feels really good. Not slippery and even has designer traction.

My friend has one for the Note 2 and they sell one for the S3. Had I not just bought an urban armor, I would've bought it. Still might.

Walmart for 17$. Awesome case!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by sal the wop View Post
    Walmart for 17$. Awesome case!

AT Walmart, or online?

Thanks...

Saw the S3 at the store. Not sure where he got his. I'll ask tomorrow.....

Only seen them in black though.....

He bought it at T-Mobile store.

Heres a review of the one I saw and held .....

Here's another one with more grip.....

Global Posts
    408 Global Posts
    ROM
    ViperRez

im waiting for body glove to come out with their tough suite case......

Seidio surface case is great. The active case is nice, but falls apart after awhile, and the rubber part is a dust magnet

+1 Seidio Surface. Best Buy has basically the same case with holster under the Platinum (Pt) brand--also made by Seidio

I realized this too after using the Note II naked and also with my new aluminum bumper. A co-worker of mine found this huge "grippy" case with kickstand from some mall kiosk. It's only 10 bucks so I asked him to pick one up for me. I have no idea who the manufacturer is, but when I get it ill let you know.

I also picked up the Aegis Trident yesterday. I'm hoping it will have some grip to it since it's a 2-part case of hard and soft rubber.

I bought this one from Amazon and it has a grated/rough sides for grip. For $9 its great. Granted, not sure what kind of support it would provide with a drop but I am enjoying it.

Amazon.com: JKase Premium Quality Samsung Galaxy Note II 2 GT-N7100 Streamline TPU Case Cover - Retail Packaging - Black: Cell Phones & Accessories
    Sent from my Rooted VZW Note 3
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

I ordered one of these. Looks promising. If this doesn't work after scouring the Internet I give up, at which point something will no doubt fall into my lap :-) I have almost convinced myself to stick with the almost commando Armor Shield. Thanks for posting it!

Global Posts
    408 Global Posts
    ROM
    ViperRez

Im still rocking the vzw kickstand case, Ive found I can pop out the kickstand and put my finger through it to hold it. Do I was it came with a holster clip like they normally do, YES! But until I can find another holster that do the same thing the vzw case can do, I'll stick with it

- - - Updated - - -

Im still rocking the vzw kickstand case, Ive found I can pop out the kickstand and put my finger through it to hold it. Do I was it came with a holster clip like they normally do, YES! But until I can find another holster that do the same thing the vzw case can do, I'll stick with it
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

Found something that works! Egrips from Flexible Innovations.

Rubber gel like super grippy stickers that you just stick on back of phone (removes easily if you don't like).

ONLY thing I have found that gives this phone some traction when I hold it. Clear stickers.

I have tried several cases but they are still slippery. Just ordered the one with strips designed to go on the iPhone 4 to place along edges for some extra grip on sides as well. This on top of the Armor Shield Military grade (did not use the screen protector because is terrible with S Pen) and now my phone has some protection from a small drop but feels "naked". Finally very happy and don't feel constantly paranoid about dropping my bad *** phone. Carry it around in a cheap leather pouch (Amazon) with belt loops and belt clip (carries in landscape). Very nice setup for me!

I liked the body glove case so much that I got one for my work s3. It came in dark grey, not black like the note2 one I got from tmo for my vzw note2! The employee got a kick out of that. S3 one was $9 on amazon fyi.

From my Galaxy Note 2 via tapatalk
    Sent from the Note3, or the big ol' 12.2 PRO