Yahoo Email Not Syncing

hybucket

May 24, 2013
Visit site
Here's another Yahoo mail problem. I use the Yahoo mail app on the Galaxy3 - it does fine with syncing mail and folders. But if I get a Yahoo mail in the notification window and open it on my COMPUTER, it does not sync that action with the phone, and I have to manually delete that notification from the phone. No biggie, but it works correctly with Gmail.

kylefaust22

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
PLEASE READ THIS!!! I KNOW THIS IS A OLD THREAD, BUT MIGHT HELP MANY.

I OPENED AN ACCOUNT HERE JUST TO POST HOW I FIXED THIS SUPER ANNOYING PROBLEM!!!

IT SEEMS THAT THERE IS A PROBLEM WITH YAHOO BY DEFAULT NOT HAVING SSL ENABLED.

PLEASE LOGIN TO YOUR YAHOO ACCOUNT AND CLICK ON THE "gear" on the top right, THAT GIVES YOU THE MENU AND CLICK ON
"mail options". CLICK ON THE "general" tab WHICH IT OPENS UP TO BY DEFAULT. SCROLL ALL THE WAY TO THE BOTTOM. YOU WILL SEE "turn on ssl" CHECK THE BOX TO THE RIGHT OF IT. ONCE YOU SELECT IT CLICK "ok" AND PLEASE MAKE SURE TO CLICK ON THE YELLOW "save" BUTTON TOWARDS THE TOP.

HOPES THIS HELP YOU SYNC YOUR YAHOO EMAIL ACCOUNT!

This is what worked for me. THANK YOU

hybucket

May 24, 2013
Visit site
Stop wasting your time and just get the Yahoo Mail App from Play.

I HAVE the Yahoo Mail app, and it does the same thing. GMail syncs perfectly...Yahoo does not. Has never worked as it should.
I checked the SSL thing, and it was already checked. So that ain't it...at least in my case. But thanks for trying.

cniggeler

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
Update: this behavior continues in kitkat on Note 3. However, manually setting up the account rather than having the system do it automatically has also done the trick for me, so thanks everyone! It's interesting, because I just used the defaults that were populated by the system during the manual setup, but that seems to have taken care of the problem.

1 jmishoe79

Apr 27, 2016
Visit site
:-[

I am having the same issue.
Gmail synced with no issues, I have been trying to sync my yahoo acct. for a couple weeks and still can not get yahoo to sync to my cell :(

hybucket

May 24, 2013
Visit site
I've had a Galaxy since the S3 and have never been able to sync Yahoo as it should be. GMail syncs fine, and when I set up GMail to get my Yahoo mail, that works fine. But it will not sync to the Yahoo mail on my PC. I've tried the stock email program, K9 Mail, and even the Yahoo Mail app. None have worked properly. Even my partner's AOL account will sync with his desktop, for heaven's sake, after all the bad things I have had to say about AOL mail over the years. I have tried all the suggestions in this thread...manual, defaults, etc. I can get my Yahoo mail and read it. I can even send from it on my phone. But there appears to be absolutely no way to get Yahoo mail to sync...if someone has discovered one, please correct me on this.

Not tech savvy

Jul 30, 2016
Visit site
I removed the Yahoo account yesterday and have tried reloading it several times with no success. I keep receiving either a user name/password error or the pop 3 account error.

Phone goes into VZ in the am to have them manually try and reset the account up.

Have I missed anything?

I tried that too, and still no luck.

Last edited by a moderator:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Did you recently change your Yahoo password? Do you have 2-step authentication turned on for your Yahoo account? If so, turn it off temporarily, then see if you can add your account back to the phone's Email app.

bakillington

Oct 3, 2016
Visit site
Re: Yahoo Email Not Syncing.....SOLUTION!

Ok I figured it out because I was having the same problem some of you guys are having.

First log in to your email account on your PC. In the top right click the gear icon
Next, at the bottom there is an "account info" link...click it. It will load in a new page.
On this new page there are 4 options on the left. Click "account security"
At the bottom there is an option that says "Manage app passwords"
This will load a drop down menu box. Where it says "Select your app" click it and select Android mail and click "generate" on the right.

This generates a password. This is the password you use to log into your yahoo mail app, do NOT use your regular password. So now just access your yahoo mail app on your phone, enter your user name and the password you just generated and boom goes the dynamite.

I tried this and it works for me. Best of luck future internet searchers!

The mystery now is why my email just decided to randomly stop syncing in the first place...this device is 6 months old and I had been logging into my email for 6 months with no issues what so ever. I also didn't change my password or make any other changes to my email account (before this happened anyway).

Nonoy53

Oct 9, 2016
Visit site
This is a Yahoo issue.
Go to your Yahoo account and click the wheel icon and choose account security and allow Apps to access Yahoo Mail and sync your GalaxyS2
Samsung Customer Support was not able to figure this out and I wasted 30 minutes with their Tech Support.
Thank you for your post as this was able to help me.

joergh

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
Today i must go to the yahoo website to answer a security captcha. Then my apps (not yahoo mail app) and outlook on my pc can sync again my mail accounts!

hybucket

May 24, 2013
Visit site
I"ve tried pretty close to every popular email app there is, and it still doesn't work. I just gave up trying. All my other mail syncs just fine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
armeniomanuel