Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By iluvmynexus
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Note 2 Battery

Hi. I just bought my Verizon Note 2 on November 29th. This post is concerning the battery. For the first few days that I had it, the battery would last from 7 am to 9 or 10 pm with over 20% remaining. Now it is getting under 15% by 8 pm. Is there something wrong with my device's battery? Everyday I have been using it under the same conditions with qifi and mobile network both on. Bluetooth and gps are off.

ROM
    Stock rom/rooted

Default Re: Note 2 Battery

Quote Originally Posted by iluvmynexus View Post
    Hi. I just bought my Verizon Note 2 on November 29th. This post is concerning the battery. For the first few days that I had it, the battery would last from 7 am to 9 or 10 pm with over 20% remaining. Now it is getting under 15% by 8 pm. Is there something wrong with my device's battery? Everyday I have been using it under the same conditions with qifi and mobile network both on. Bluetooth and gps are off.
    Something is running in the background. You need to go back and start removing apps to figure it out. I had this happen on my HTC rezound before using SMS pro.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Okay, so I should go to my applications and close anything taking up an abnormal amount of ram?

Thanks for the advice

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

Just find the apps that are constantly syncing and are more drain while using them. Sometimes we use apps to replace native apps and don't realize they could drain battery a lot more than the native version.

Last edited by scorpiodsu; 12-09-2012 at 08:44 PM.
    Mobile Devices: Nexus 5 32GB Black
    Carrier: AT&T
    Computer: MacBook Pro (2012) 8GB RAM, 750GB HDD
    Other devices: iPad Mini

The Basics: Unlocking and Rooting - http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc...hing-roms.html
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Oh I see... well I cleared my RAM and stopped any apps that seemed to be draining power, but none if them seemed very battery-consuming. Do you think its possible for this to be an issue with my actual hardware?

It's certainly possible for it to be a hardware issue, but software is the likely culprit. There are some very useful task/program killer apps that are free. You should use them and see if there's maybe a rogue appbor two updating in the background. Also, check your email and social media accounts as some of them may be on a more active update schedule than you'd like.

Global Posts
    71 Global Posts

Check your settings under google now and maps and any other app u have that may be constantly fetching data when your not using your phone
    Thanked by:

I downloaded beautiful widgets on Thursday and from that point on my battery has been awful. I deleted it last night and today has been somewhat better but certainly not what it was for the first week.

Currently: 50%
    9 HR 55m on battery
    Screen: 33%
    android system 19%
    android os 14%
    google services 5%
    facebook 4%
    cell standby 4%
    voice calls 4%
    tweetcaster 4%
    device idle 4%
    media server 3%

Anything out of the ordinary bass?
    Sent from my Rooted VZW Note 3

ROM
    Stock rom/rooted

Nope. Beautiful widgets can be a battery hog.

10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

I have used gsam battery to look for a culprit. The highest app after android system and kernel is Chrome with 7% of my battery usage.

JediJesus95 likes this.

I always run gsam and I can check pretty quick if my battery starts draining too fast.

Quote Originally Posted by iluvmynexus View Post
    Oh I see... well I cleared my RAM and stopped any apps that seemed to be draining power, but none if them seemed very battery-consuming. Do you think its possible for this to be an issue with my actual hardware?

Just stopping apps may not be enough. You have to find those with frequent sync settings that are usually the default when first installed. And then maps and Google now can be killer by needing to use location services all the time. Apps that sync a lot and use location services are killer and they don't have to be active in your task manager.

Mobile Devices: Nexus 5 32GB Black
    Carrier: AT&T
    Computer: MacBook Pro (2012) 8GB RAM, 750GB HDD
    Other devices: iPad Mini

The Basics: Unlocking and Rooting - http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc...hing-roms.html

Quote Originally Posted by tjlandberg View Post
    I always run gsam and I can check pretty quick if my battery starts draining too fast.
    This. It will tell you all you need to know. Which apps are awaking the phone and how many times and for how long. Not to mention battery consumption.

Global Posts
    71 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by burwil View Post
    This. It will tell you all you need to know. Which apps are awaking the phone and how many times and for how long. Not to mention battery consumption.
    what if it tells u its the kernel?

That i do not know. Wondered it myself.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2.

ROM
    Stock Sense 4.1.1

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums
    Last edited by Irvgotti; 12-12-2012 at 02:28 PM.
    Privacy is overrated :P