Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By the devastator
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    Stock rom/rooted

Default Car charger and OEM charger

Any recommendations on a good car and wall charger? Ones on Ebay look really cheap. Battery life is excellent, but I just like to have an extra for work.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

ROM
    Stock rom/rooted

Default Re: Car charger and OEM charger

No one huh? Looks like I'll just go with Samsung original.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    980 Global Posts

Agreed, I have an at&t note 2 and tried using a older (1 year) Samsung charger that I already had set up for my previous phone. I had issues with the phone not charging fully at night, so I started using the charger that came with the note 2 and all is well again.

I am guessing the note 2 charger may be a 2 amp charger instead of the 1.0 or 1.3 amp variety due to the size of the battery. I haven't looked to be sure yet.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

ROM
    Stock rom/rooted

Quote Originally Posted by Jevangil View Post
    Agreed, I have an at&t note 2 and tried using a older (1 year) Samsung charger that I already had set up for my previous phone. I had issues with the phone not charging fully at night, so I started using the charger that came with the note 2 and all is well again.

I am guessing the note 2 charger may be a 2 amp charger instead of the 1.0 or 1.3 amp variety due to the size of the battery. I haven't looked to be sure yet.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums
    Yup it's 2 amps. I'm buying the Samsung one. Wish they offered the car charger. I'm gonna call them to see.

Global Posts
    4,740 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Thanked by:
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

ROM
    Stock rom/rooted

Quote Originally Posted by ibcop View Post

Thanks. I'll check it out.

Well, this is interesting. I had not thought about chargers before thinking a charger is a charger is a charger. Now I am wondering if the car charger for my (little) DroidX will not not be best for the Note2...
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Stock

Fo reals man, I had all kinds of USB chargers and now that I have the Note 2 I had to give most of them away cuz they don't charge the new phone
    Phone: Sprint EVO => Sprint EVO 3D => Verizon Galaxy Nexus => Verizon Galaxy Note 2
    Tablet: Acer Iconia a500, Nexus 7
    NHBass39 likes this.

ROM
    JB

never thought of this. been using the charger that game with my phone i think i will need anything 2A charger for my office...
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

ROM
    Stock rom/rooted

Quote Originally Posted by the devastator View Post
    Fo reals man, I had all kinds of USB chargers and now that I have the Note 2 I had to give most of them away cuz they don't charge the new phone
    LOL I agree, I just am looking to get a spare for work and one for the car just in case.

I've gone a different route and actually bought 2 spare Anker batteries that come with a stand alone wall charger from amazon. The charger is a trickle charger but with two extra on hand it's not really an issue. I just replace the drained one with a ready to go one. It can be a good way to get longer life out of your batteries as well. I basically get a deep cycle recharge with every battery.

The only downside is having to take off the back cover every time but I still find the benefits to this method outweighs having to keep your phone plugged to a wall periodically.

The battery life on this phone is great to begin with so it all depends on the individual's phone usage. But I am a very heavy user and with this method I basically never have to worry about my phone dying when I need it.