On the fence here

bvitale

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Due for upgrade and will be getting about $350 bonus. Is the phone worth the extra $100 over the SIII? So confused I am going back and forth like a lunatic.

Thanks,
Brandon

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
The Note 2 is a bigger/better S3. Basically put, the S3 will get you through the work day. The Note 2 will get you through the WHOLE day. I have both phones and it would take some serious pain to go back to the S3 now.

karsdroid

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
I also have both and love the size of the note 2....makes everything you do on the phone just that much more functional. I don't hardly use my tablet anymore.

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
I am in the same boat... Unfortunately, I don't want to be "That Guy" that just bought himself a $300 phone before Christmas with the kids and wife to still buy for. Oh and I am ordering one of these two phones tomorrow.

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
I am in the same boat... Unfortunately, I don't want to be "That Guy" that just bought himself a $300 phone before Christmas with the kids and wife to still buy for. Oh and I am ordering one of these two phones tomorrow.

These phones aren't going to buy themselves. I paid full retail for my Note 2 AFTER I got done buying Christmas presents for my kids. If you feel that $300 is too much and have other responsibilities, handle them first. Get a new phone for new years.

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
These phones aren't going to buy themselves. I paid full retail for my Note 2 AFTER I got done buying Christmas presents for my kids. If you feel that $300 is too much and have other responsibilities, handle them first. Get a new phone for new years.

Im going to bill it to the account and worry about it later... I think the problem is solved... :)

bryonp

Nov 1, 2009
Visit site
Due for upgrade and will be getting about $350 bonus. Is the phone worth the extra $100 over the SIII? So confused I am going back and forth like a lunatic.

Thanks,
Brandon

It will be the best extra $100 you ever spent promise!

Sent From: Yo Mama's House!

orgelbau

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
After you get this phone you will wonder why you ever posed the question. It is THAT much better than everything else available. The Note 2 is the most impressive device I have ever used to date. You won't be disappointed. You won't have regrets.

In fact, my wife made me exchange the S3 that I got her for her birthday and get her a Note 2 after she used mine for a day. Her first impression was that it is too big. A few hours later she was laughing at the S3 in her hand. She is really reluctant to spend extra money ever, but immediately saw the value when she had both devices in front of her. She is sure the Note 2 can get her through a two-year contract, but wasnt convinced about the S3--even though she initially liked the S3. Note 2 for the win (and my wife couldn't be happier)

infmethod

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site

Thanks,
Brandon

Brandon,

The screen is bigger and from what I've seen better. The battery lasts twice as long. The S pen is so choice. I could go on and on about this device. Everything is insanely fast. Buy it, you don't regret it. Once you get over the size, which took me about 2 hours of use, you'll ask yourself why you even posted this thread.

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
I somehow found someone willing to trade me his like new note 2 for my like new s3 straight up. I am nothing short of amazed with the note 2. I was pretty blown away with the s3 then the note 2 takes it a step further.

I havent even used the s-pen. Not really my thing although I considered making formula sheets with it (im in college). Battery really does last longer amd im really blown away in that aspect. Its seems to be the norm to have 5 hours screen on time.
Screen does look better than the s3, although I didnt find the s3 screen any slouch.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

stronggeek

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
The Note 2 is a bigger/better S3. Basically put, the S3 will get you through the work day. The Note 2 will get you through the WHOLE day. I have both phones and it would take some serious pain to go back to the S3 now.

I concur!

Battery life alone is worth getting the note 2 over the s3 for me. Also I use mine for work quite a bit
so the huge display is an enormous plus for me as well. These 2 factors along with the the other
goodies that the note 2 offers made it whole lot easier to hand my s3 over to my 14yr old daughter
(who is still on unlimited as well). She's in love! It's win win!

jackwagon06

May 15, 2012
Visit site
Brandon,

The screen is bigger and from what I've seen better. The battery lasts twice as long. The S pen is so choice. I could go on and on about this device. Everything is insanely fast. Buy it, you don't regret it. Once you get over the size, which took me about 2 hours of use, you'll ask yourself why you even posted this thread.

2 hours was about right....almost, I mean almost regretted not getting the DNA, but after the couple hours I was so happy that I paid(cough cough) retail for myself. Now my GF brought home the DNA, and I love my note2 even more after playing on that. The note2 is the phone to own, untill the s4 or note3.......It was my bday/xmas to myself. New years......hmmm

orgelbau

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
If it helps, the reception on the Note 2 is definitely better than the S3. I'm averaging around 30 Mbits/sec LTE downloads. The S3 was getting in the 19-23 Mbits/sec range in the same location. We can also make calls from areas that are dead with the S3. Reception seems a bit better than I had with the HTC Rezound, which I always felt was pretty strong. It's almost, dare I say, Moto-like.

bvitale

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for all the replies. Still not sure I should spend the money. I still need to get a case and screen protector for it. How much is this going to cost me? Although if I go to best buy and someone had a great deal I can get a price match.

So what exactly are some of the things that it can do that the s3 can't. Also does the camera do the fat shooting to get a bunch of pictures to capture the right moment?

Thanks again all,
Brandon

DvineMzM

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
This phone is amazing! My hubby had the S3 (he had iphone before that) and I really liked it but waited for the GN2. I am not disappointed AT ALL that I didn't just jump and get the S3. The battery on this phone is amazing and I actually use my s-pen daily so it really was a factor in my decision to purchase. My videos are incredible to watch on it and folks are ALWAYS sneaking peeks at the screen if I'm on my phone at the grocery store (I make my shopping list in S-notes and cross items off as I go), sitting at restaurants, visiting friends and so on. I have never been happier with a phone EVER and I haven't put it down (except to sleep and maybe to eat...LOL) since I got it (another nod to the amazing battery life). Trust me (and everyone else here) you will LOVE it.

darkcorsair

May 25, 2011
Visit site

Got my phone, the fiancee had to get her coach bag to not flip out on me haha

darkcorsair

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for all the replies. Still not sure I should spend the money. I still need to get a case and screen protector for it. How much is this going to cost me? Although if I go to best buy and someone had a great deal I can get a price match.

So what exactly are some of the things that it can do that the s3 can't. Also does the camera do the fat shooting to get a bunch of pictures to capture the right moment?

Thanks again all,
Brandon

Yes it does, also does the panorama mode that the iPhone advertises 37 times a day. Let me put it this way. Both are great phones, but in 6 months, you're gonna wish you spent the extra $100.

zapfrog

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
After 4 long years with apple and making the jump to android I couldn't be happier with the s3. That said I played with the Note2 at the store and find myself wanting one. Of course by the time I'm due for an upgrade the s4 will most likely be on sale.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

bvitale

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Yea thanks all. So have you ever gotten your phone from Best Buy. Amazon Mobile has it for $279.99 and BB does the price matching. I would love to save the money so I can get the case too. I am thinking I am just gonna say screw it and get it. I have 14 days if I don't like it.

Keep the info coming everyone.

Brandon

OffSpot2

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
I have been obsessing about this phone for over a month. I have read every line of every thread here, and everywhere else. I have been going in circles and driving myself crazy. I finally just ordered the Seidio Active case and holster... Now I don`t have a choice - I have to buy the damn thing. Suddenly the two ton gorilla is off my back and I can finally breath again. Now I can get my life back! Thank you Jesus!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12