HELP: Adding words to Samsung Keyboard.

Dablizzack

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure if I'm the only one having these issues, but I don't know how to add a new word the samsung dictionary. Going through Settings> Language and input> Personal dictionary doesn't seem to work. I've added words and none have shown up. I'm sure there is an easy way to do this, but I haven't found it. Please help.

karsdroid

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Never mind Swiftkey has flow typing. No reason to use the stock keyboard. Sorry

i have been using swiftkey forever, but i have to say i'm using the stock keyboard mostly to use the handwriting recognition. would love to see swiftkey offer that and all would be perfect. you can't beat swiftkey's prediction.

gafly

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
My understanding is that the stock samsung keyboard is a stripped down version of SwiftKey. So, theoretically, they could very well offer the same featues as SwiftKey if Samsung and SwiftKey made a new agreement. That being said, the samsung keyboard, for me at least, is too stripped down to be useful. No Autocorrect? Seriously? We're a long way from 2005. I've switched to SwiftKey 3 despite the fact that I've lost handwritting recognition ability.

jodyberry

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Wow I just tried it and I'm blown away. I'm guessing that the free version is probably a limited trial? I would definitely purchase it.

Sent from my Samung "Brick"

gafly

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Wow I just tried it and I'm blown away. I'm guessing that the free version is probably a limited trial? I would definitely purchase it.

Sent from my Samung "Brick"

It's a free trial for 1 month. It's soooooo much better than the stock keyboard!

Sent from my Galaxy Note II

alvarez13

Oct 14, 2012
Visit site
One of the things I like about the stock is it has the numbers across the top when keyboard opens. Any way to do this with swift key?

gafly

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
One of the things I like about the stock is it has the numbers across the top when keyboard opens. Any way to do this with swift key?

Not that I know of. For now you have the option to long press the top row for numbers or switch over to the number and symbols layout v?a the 123 button.

Sent from my Galaxy Note II

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
The samsung keyboard is the only one that changes its size and allows you to move it around when typing in multi-view.
The samsung keyboard is horrible other than for that one feature. I've lost count of how many times it has simply eliminated a word that it didn't like. A while ago, I was trying to type a word in double quotes and it wouldn't let me.