1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default "Iconic Device"

So I called Verizon the other day and asked for the Note2 and attempted to place device on my bill. The rep told me I couldn't do this because it was an "Iconic Device". I've never had the problem before!!! Just wanted a early Christmas present any advice?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums
    rule the air.

Global Posts
    1,118 Global Posts

Default Re: "Iconic Device"

I ordered mine online yesterday and billed it to my account with no problem
    Neighborhood IT Pro

Global Posts
    88 Global Posts

Iconic is their new(er) ordering system, that's strange that they couldn't bill to account we do it at work all the time. Maybe the rep was reaching for a reason it wouldn't go through?
    Last edited by CR4V3; 12-11-2012 at 09:46 AM.
    Check out my Twitter!
    GTalk: c.valitzski(at)gmail.com

Global Posts
    828 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hail6 View Post
    So I called Verizon the other day and asked for the Note2 and attempted to place device on my bill. The rep told me I couldn't do this because it was an "Iconic Device". I've never had the problem before!!! Just wanted a early Christmas present any advice?

Try calling a corporate store and ask about their Note II stock and then ask if you can bill it to your account. The rep will ask you for your phone number and then tell you whether or not you have the ability to bill the device to your account. When you get to the store let the rep know you want to bill the device to your account sooner rather than later as the rep will probably try to complete your order on an iPad. The only way they can bill to your account is by going over to a PC. For some reason the iPads only give them the ability to see that you can bill to your account but does not give them the ability to acutally do so.

I was told the same thing when I called but when I actually went into my local store they had no trouble adding it to my acct. You may want to try doing that instead of calling.
    Android4life

The "Iconic Device" was only not billable to account when it was pre-order. They use a different system when doing pre-orders that does not allow you to bill to account. However it shouldn't be a problem now, unless the Note 2 is on back order, which as far as I know it is not. Back order items also are done through the other system which doesn't allow bill to account either.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

I will try going into the store but honestly I don't like how the activate your device before you leave. I have always ordered online then charge overnight before I turn the phone on!!!

Global Posts
    10,396 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSP, & stock.

Charging Li Ion batteries creates deposits within the battery. It is best to USE that charge first...
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Quote Originally Posted by Johnly View Post
    Charging Li Ion batteries creates deposits within the battery. It is best to USE that charge first...
    Didn't know that!!! Thank you sir!!!

the question is how soon is your upgrade? if your within a week you should be able to. outside of a week forget it.

I will try going into the store but honestly I don't like how the activate your device before you leave. I have always ordered online then charge overnight before I turn the phone on!!!

If you tell them you don't want to activate yet because it's a gift they won't do it. Considering it's Xmas time they get that request alot this time of year.