Wifi Issues?

SpikeJones

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site
Is anyone here having wi-fi issues?

When on wi-fi, everything works fine, but it's connecting to a wifi network that I am having problems with. At my school for example, we have a wifi network that I connected to the first day I got my phone. Everything worked okay, and I was happy. When I left for lunch, it of course disconnected. When I came back though, instead of connecting automatically, like it does on any other device, I simply get a notification in the bar saying a "wireless network is available," and that I can select one. I can go into the settings, and click on my school's wifi, but it makes me enter the password again. When I go to enter the password, in the box, it says, "unchanged," and I have the option of just connecting, but it tells me my password is wrong. I typed in the correct password about 5 times, and it kept saying it was incorrect. I tried for a 6th time, and it finally connected.

The next day when I came to school, it happened again. It would not connect automatically. It would alert me that a network is available, but I have to manually go and select it, and type in the password again and again.

It's only happening at school (connects to my home wifi just fine), so maybe it's the school's routers' fault? I don't know though, because my iPod and computer are able to connect automatically, as well as my friends' Androids.

Is anyone else having this issue?

cubetop

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Not me. Mine syncs up and connects so fast that I usually don't even notice it. Even when I hit a new area with an open node it jumps right in. I also notice that I have much better WiFi performance than my MAXX did. I get my house WiFi while across the street talking to my neighbor. I am quite impressed with mine.

SpikeJones

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site
Not me. Mine syncs up and connects so fast that I usually don't even notice it. Even when I hit a new area with an open node it jumps right in. I also notice that I have much better WiFi performance than my MAXX did. I get my house WiFi while across the street talking to my neighbor. I am quite impressed with mine.

Hmmm, I guess I will try and go to other places with open wifi and see what happens. Wifi is great, but I just wish it would work likes yours does at my school. Could something be wrong with my phone?

cubetop

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I guess it's possible. I know my MAXX didn't like some routers and would slow down or fail to connect. My Note 2 doesn't seem to have that problem.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Markster1

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
It's possible the school is using an older protocol that your phone just doesn't plat well with. Check to see what it is next time, wpa/wpa2, wep or other.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thtknt