Battery not fully charging overnight?

ylomnstr

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm on my 2nd Note 2. (returned the first one after a few days because I dropped it and dinged the corner and I couldn't deal with that).

The first one I had stopped charging fully overnight after I dropped it. I figured dropping it damaged something so I didn't think much of it. The night that I dropped it, I charged it overnight and when I unplugged it, it was at 90%. The next night I charged it overnight and it was only at 60%. Unplugging it and plugging it back in finished the charging, but I found it odd.

I've had the replacement phone for a few days now, and last night, I charged it overnight as I do every night, and it was only at 89% this morning. Any ideas? I do use a splitter on my charger so that my wife and I charge our phones on the same charger and I've been doing this since I had the S3 with no issues.

Just wondering if I have a bad battery or if this is something anyone else has seen? Find it odd that it's happening with 2 different note 2's now.

gafly

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Don't use a splitter. Use the charger that came in the box and connect it to a wall outlet (not a usb port on a computer) and see if you still have your issues. Most chargers are 1 amp (I believe this is the case with the S3) the charger for the Note II is a 2 amp charger. It makes a difference.

ylomnstr

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
Don't use a splitter. Use the charger that came in the box and connect it to a wall outlet (not a usb port on a computer) and see if you still have your issues. Most chargers are 1 amp (I believe this is the case with the S3) the charger for the Note II is a 2 amp charger. It makes a difference.

Thanks. I didn't know that. I'll try and see if it makes a difference.

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
Other thing is to check what's running on your phone. If you're somehow using more battery than can be charged, you'd get this slow drip feed. Oh and always use the stock charger when you can(as Gafly suggested)

leroybrute

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
The charger tip on the oem cable is really short compared to any other cable tip I have seen. And if you look, the port is counter sunk because of the curve of the case. If you turn the phone over you can see half of the tip hanging out of the port. We have 2 N2's at home and we see the same charging issues once in a while. You have to be sure it is clipped in good. And if you move the phone to much while plugged in, the end seems to work out. If I use my Nexus 7 or Moto charge cable I have no charge or connection issues.