Case + holster suggestions?

bvitale

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm still on the fence and one thing that is really important is getting a case that has a holster. I need one that holds the phone on my hip and isn't easily knocked out. My son was small enough when I had my bob storm that when carrying him he would kick it right out of the holster. Now I just had a daughter and will more than likely end up doing the same thing. I really like the black cases withy the plastic pop out kickstand. But vzw doesn't have it with a holster. What would you all recommend?

Thanks,
Brandon

NHBass39

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
I'm still on the fence and one thing that is really important is getting a case that has a holster. I need one that holds the phone on my hip and isn't easily knocked out. My son was small enough when I had my bob storm that when carrying him he would kick it right out of the holster. Now I just had a daughter and will more than likely end up doing the same thing. I really like the black cases withy the plastic pop out kickstand. But vzw doesn't have it with a holster. What would you all recommend?

Thanks,
Brandon

I know you said you want a holster, but seriously look into the flip case. I didn't think I'd like either,but I do and the fact it covers the screen when not in use is nice. Just a thought. BTW get this phone you will love it.

bvitale

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I use my phone as a camera a lot and feel that it would be in the way. I also like having it on my hip. But if I do have to have it in my Pocket the only option would be the flip case to protect the screen.

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
I've been using this for almost a week.

Amazon.com: Black Rhino Holster Combo Hard Hybrid Gel Case Cover For Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100: Cell Phones & Accessories

I also have this, but the shell slips out of the holster too easily.
When I preordered the Note 2 I also ordered the shell with kickstand from Verizon. The Verizon shell is very snug in this holster.

Amazon.com: Rubber Coated Black Phone Protector Case with Kickstand and Holster for Samsung Galaxy Note II T889: Cell Phones & Accessories

NHBass39

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
I use my phone as a camera a lot and feel that it would be in the way. I also like having it on my hip. But if I do have to have it in my Pocket the only option would be the flip case to protect the screen.

Yes that is why I got it. It works well and looks great.

bvitale

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Thanks again for all the input. Looks like I will go with the active. Do you know any local stores that sell the sedio cases? Or if best buy got the platinum version yet?

Thanks again,
Brandon

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Thanks again for all the input. Looks like I will go with the active. Do you know any local stores that sell the sedio cases? Or if best buy got the platinum version yet?

Thanks again,
Brandon

They sell the Active here in the AC store but you can also Google the case and find it elsewhere to compare prices.

SEIDIO | ACTIVE Case & Holster Combo for Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Seidio ACTIVE Case (with kickstand) for Samsung Galaxy Note 2 - Android Hybrid Cases - ShopAndroid

bvitale

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Yea I know I can get it online, but was hoping to get it locally from a retailer. Any ideas if anyone sells them in stores. Like best buy sells siedio under the name platinum.

orgelbau

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Best Buy only sells the Surface equivalent, unfortunately. The only retail stores I have regularly seen the Active case are Sprint stores. I have been searching everywhere for a case I can walk in and buy from a retailer. Mostly because my wife wants to see and try it before hand.

jdod

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Brandon,

If you have not made up your mind yet, here is what I plan to do.

I like hip holsters also, primarily because I know the phone will always be out of the way and I won't sit on it, or if it is in a front pocket, I won't lean against a counter or something and press hard against it. And the phone is just easier to get out of the holster for me. Some cases have a grip to them and make pulling in and out of pockets a little harder.

Because I have always used hip holsters, all my phones have been in great shape until the end of their life, and mostly this is without any other case at all.

I have had a couple holsters from Smartphone Experts, and have this one on order:

Smartphone Experts Side Pouch

I do plan to supplement this holster with a Fly Grip and take advantage of their free case with the Fly Grip. I think this will all fit in the holster after the leather relaxes a little, will likely use the holster initially with just the phone, then will add the case, then attach the Fly Grip, as the leather expands over a couple weeks.

I am liking this set up because the case offered by Fly Grip easily comes off and on, and with the Fly Grip mounted on the case, for the 90% of the time I will be using the phone in my hand, or on a desk using the Fly Grip as a kick stand, the case/Fly Grip will remain attached. The few times when I will want the phone to lie flat on my desk for whatever reason, I can just easily remove the case and re-attach.

Anyway, that's my plan, hope it was helpful to you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech