1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    89 Global Posts

Thumbs up Rooting galaxy note 2

I want to root my GN2, but what are the benefits of doing that.... I know. This my sound. A stupid question but. I really do not know much about rooting..

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Default Re: Rooting galaxy note 2

Quote Originally Posted by keem5 View Post
    I want to root my GN2, but what are the benefits of doing that.... I know. This my sound. A stupid question but. I really do not know much about rooting..

No so thing as a stupid question. Rooting itself just gives you permission to change root files that normally you would not be allowed to. benefits are things like being able to remove preinstalled apps that as of now you can not uninstall. you can change things like adding a wifi toggle on the notification screen, or you can make the change so that all the apps you have can be multi window accessible. you can use apps like titanium backup and backup all of your system. things like that
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato
    Thanked by:
    keem5 

^ What he said. His guide to rooting makes it super easy, and the mod to add all apps to multi-window is very easy to install as well. Just read everything twice before doing it and if you are unsure about something, ask first.
    Thanked by:
    keem5 

ROM
    Stock rom/rooted

Quote Originally Posted by jsadler09 View Post
    ^ What he said. His guide to rooting makes it super easy, and the mod to add all apps to multi-window is very easy to install as well. Just read everything twice before doing it and if you are unsure about something, ask first.
    What he said^. I did and asked a lot of questions. There are a lot of great people on here to help you. Do it you won't regret it.
    Thanked by:
    keem5 

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by NHBass39 View Post
    What he said^. I did and asked a lot of questions. There are a lot of great people on here to help you. Do it you won't regret it.
    ^^^What he said. LOL

Global Posts
    187 Global Posts

how bbboouuttttt Multiwindow for ALL APPS....and fully functioning GOOGLE WALLET!!!! yyeesss I am in heaven!! Root is the way to be!!!
    Thanked by:
    keem5 

Quote Originally Posted by CD1X View Post
    how bbboouuttttt Multiwindow for ALL APPS....and fully functioning GOOGLE WALLET!!!! yyeesss I am in heaven!! Root is the way to be!!!
    Getting the note 2, any issues with rooting fur Google wallet to work? The thread on xda seems to have so many steps I'm not sure which steps to follow our what abd installation guide to use.
    Thanked by:
    keem5 

Quote Originally Posted by pcsperson View Post
    Getting the note 2, any issues with rooting fur Google wallet to work? The thread on xda seems to have so many steps I'm not sure which steps to follow our what abd installation guide to use.
    At this time it's very difficult for it to work. There are mixed results. Until Google and sprint approve it officially for the note 2 it's going to be hard to get it to work. I'm one of those who got a galaxy phone for wallet and am mad that it's not compatible yet.

Sent from the Beast that is Galaxy Note 2

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

They just unlocked the bootloader so in a week or so it will be as simple as flashing a file in sure

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    187 Global Posts

I followed the instructions to the tee and Google Wallet is working great for me!! like someone else said...now that the bootloader is unlocked there will be an easier method forthcoming...but the instructions on XDA work perfectly....

Quote Originally Posted by CD1X View Post
    I followed the instructions to the tee and Google Wallet is working great for me!! like someone else said...now that the bootloader is unlocked there will be an easier method forthcoming...but the instructions on XDA work perfectly....
    Did you following the first post? , I know there are a couple of revisions to the instructions done by other in the xda forums. Also to root but must use the Odin method, correct? For VZM Note 2

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Did you following the first post? , I know there are a couple of revisions to the instructions done by other in the xda forums. Also to root but must use the Odin method, correct? For VZM Note 2
    What are you asking about google wallet or rooting?

Quote Originally Posted by DroidXcon View Post
    What are you asking about google wallet or rooting?

Google wallet, on xda there are a few different ways, and I was looking for the way for the Verizon GN2. Since many people are talking in the same thread, about the note 2 on different carriers. I just want to know if he had followed the first set of instructions, in that post.

How do I root my gn2 without a computer so that I can get in to wifi sinnals and get free wifi???

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Quote Originally Posted by skatterbrain View Post
    How do I root my gn2 without a computer so that I can get in to wifi sinnals and get free wifi???
    If you have not accepted the latest update from Verizon you can use the app available in the first post of this thread

[ROOT EXPLOIT+PATCH][2012.12.19] ExynosAbuse APK v1.40 just download it. Install it . Open it. Hit root.

If you have already updated your phone then no there is no way to root from your phone

Quote Originally Posted by keem5 View Post
    Many apps have more features or are more capable if you are rooted. Being able to use Titanium to back up your app data is another major reason.

Actually I know you can back up your app data pretty easily to a Windows 7 PC simply by connecting your phone to the PC via the phone supplied USB cable. You can explore the phone and copy files from it to your PC. However with something like Titanium you can automatically back up your apps and app data with one click to your phone's internal memory or your SD card. Plus it tracks versions and make restoration easier.
    Last edited by universeand; 01-25-2013 at 01:27 PM.

Hi All,

new to this Android game got a SIM Free Samsung Galaxy Note 2 and have started reading about rooting it... just out of curiousity.. i setup the phone encryption and SD card encryption too. would this affect rooting the phone? also does the phone get wiped out when rooting it? and where are these rooted apps available from, play store?

sorry for the question bomb

thanks in advance.
    C.

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Quote Originally Posted by carlos ferreira View Post
    Hi All,

new to this Android game got a SIM Free Samsung Galaxy Note 2 and have started reading about rooting it... just out of curiousity.. i setup the phone encryption and SD card encryption too. would this affect rooting the phone? also does the phone get wiped out when rooting it? and where are these rooted apps available from, play store?

sorry for the question bomb

thanks in advance.
    C.
    Is it a Verizon Galaxy note 2 or another carrier? That makes a difference.

I hate to jump in and highjack this thread...but I have a Mac and can't find a way to root my Verizon Note 2. Can anybody point me in the right direction?

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Quote Originally Posted by jhinson52 View Post
    I hate to jump in and highjack this thread...but I have a Mac and can't find a way to root my Verizon Note 2. Can anybody point me in the right direction?
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/sho....php?p=2527374
    [HOW TO] Use all rooting tools on Mac!!

Quote Originally Posted by DroidXcon View Post
    Is it a Verizon Galaxy note 2 or another carrier? That makes a difference.

Hi Droid,

Sorry it's not carrier locked.. just realised this thread is Verizon GN2.

Smile Re: Rooting galaxy note 2

Hi guyz i'm a new bee to the android thing and jus yesterday bought my all shining GN2.
    i'm from computer science back ground and a bit curious to know do rooting on my Phablet (Phoe + Tablet)
    my problem is i found most of the rooting threads/tutorials are revolving around either Verizon or AT&T. But I'm from India and we dont have any concept of contracting with carriers.
    Mine is Vodafone.
    Can u guyz please enlighten me on how to root my Note 2 for my carrier?
    Ur help is greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogendra View Post
    Hi guyz i'm a new bee to the android thing and jus yesterday bought my all shining GN2.
    i'm from computer science back ground and a bit curious to know do rooting on my Phablet (Phoe + Tablet)
    my problem is i found most of the rooting threads/tutorials are revolving around either Verizon or AT&T. But I'm from India and we dont have any concept of contracting with carriers.
    Mine is Vodafone.
    Can u guyz please enlighten me on how to root my Note 2 for my carrier?
    Ur help is greatly appreciated.
    You really need to find a forum for your carrier. There are specific runtime objects that need to be included that are specific to your carrier.
    Droid (2009 original stock) --> Incredible --> Thunderbolt (Rooted/ROMed) --> Galaxy Nexus (Rooted/ROMed) --> Note 2 (Rooted/ROMed) --> Note 3 (Stock)