Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    51 Global Posts

Default How to assign a preferred WIFI connection?

I work in a place with 2 WIFI networks. One is my preferred connection which is secured with a password, then one which is Open. The secured WIFI is near my desk and the open is everywhere in the building. When I step away from my desk my phone switches to the Open network. When I come back it doesn't switch back to my preferred secured connection.

Is there any way to assign a preferred WIFI connection so that when I'm near my desk it switches over automatically? The only other solution I've found is to "forget" the open network which I actually like to have access to when I'm in a dead cell connection area like the basement.

Thanks

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Default Re: How to assign a preferred WIFI connection?

Quote Originally Posted by raffitou View Post
    I work in a place with 2 WIFI networks. One is my preferred connection which is secured with a password, then one which is Open. The secured WIFI is near my desk and the open is everywhere in the building. When I step away from my desk my phone switches to the Open network. When I come back it doesn't switch back to my preferred secured connection.

Is there any way to assign a preferred WIFI connection so that when I'm near my desk it switches over automatically? The only other solution I've found is to "forget" the open network which I actually like to have access to when I'm in a dead cell connection area like the basement.

Thanks

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    Did you look into wifi manager in the market, not sure it has what you want but take a look
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    51 Global Posts

Default Re: How to assign a preferred WIFI connection?

Found an app that does what I wanted.The app is Wifi Prioritizer. Tested it out and seems to be working. Its free.