Gap between screen and frame

brandonx1000

rule the air.
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone else have a very minor gap running around the top of the screen to the frame of thw phone? Within the gap, I can faintly see a silver piece of something that looks like part of the ear piece.

Mine is very minor, maybe half a millimeter or less. The store demo had a gap, it was just smaller. I just worry that dust or dirt could get in.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
No noticeable gap on mine (white). It's almost seamless from the white to the silver edge. I can feel it with my finger nail, but can't really see it. Personally, if mine had that kind of gap, I'd send it back and get a new one.

brandonx1000

rule the air.
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
i noticed in the store that they opened one in the box and it had the gap...maybe its just me

ive only seen the grey ones, no white ones at the store

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
You're talking about the thin gap between the chrome bezel and the screens glass right?

If so yeah all Galaxy Note 2's have this. It's the design of the glass/case. In fact I believe the Galaxy S 3 also has this problem, seeing as how they use the same design.

Don't be bothered by it imho, and don't let other's tell you it's not there. Some people have different perception levels and attention to detail. It's there. It's there by design. It may vary in how great the gap is, but in such a minuscule amount that you couldn't tell the difference.

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
The gap will certainly vary from device to device. But by all accounts, it appears much more noticeable on the gray version; may be because it shows dust, lint and fingerprints more readily than the white version. However I can say without question that the gap on my white version is virtually seamless. I'm extremely detail oriented (to a fault) with 20/20 vision and when I look very closely, it's barely visible with the white flush to the silver trim. It's more noticeable via touch with the tip of my finger or finger nail. So comparing that to the picture above, it's a night and day difference to me and something that would bother me enough to want to exchange it. But that's just me. :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy