Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Screen protector questions

I'm very excited about getting The Note 2. I'm comming from the htc hero so life has been rough these last 2 years LOL! Can anyone recommend a good screen protector? My husband has been looking at Ghost Armor and Zagg's Invisable Shield. I had the invisable shield put on my hero 2 years ago. I didn't really like it it felt like my finger would drag on the screen. Does anyone have any thought on a good one to use for the note? Also can you still put a case on with this ghost amor stuff ? Thanks

Global Posts
    4,536 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Re: Screen protector questions

I have never been a fan of Zagg - the "finger drag" and the orange peel effect, not to mention the wet application.

I prefer SGP screen protectors:

SPIGEN SGP | Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Screen Protector Steinheil - GALAXY NOTE 2 - Samsung - Cell Phones

You can read about the differences in what they offer. I am currently sporting the Ultra Oleophobic and have zero issues. They are cut a bit short so you can use a case without worrying if the protector will peel up along the edges.

BTW, I see this is your first post - welcome to Android Central.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    1,371 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock unrooted

I had a bad experience with spigen. Dirt imbedded in the protector and tore it. I just installed DBA just like glass today. It came highly rated on xda. Was very hard to install but we will see how it does.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    4G LTE Thunderbolt
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by ibcop View Post
    I have never been a fan of Zagg - the "finger drag" and the orange peel effect, not to mention the wet application.

SPIGEN SGP | Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Screen Protector Steinheil - GALAXY NOTE 2 - Samsung - Cell Phones

You can read about the differences in what they offer. I am currently sporting the Ultra Oleophobic and have zero issues. They are cut a bit short so you can use a case without worrying if the protector will peel up along the edges.

I have same. More difficult than most to put on cleanly but am happy with it.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2.
    Thanked by:

I recently got the zagg hd shield from best buy. It was not even close to being hd. Took it back. Right now I have none but will be getting the spigen oleophobic dry install protector. Have heard great things about it. Will probably get it on amazon.

Sent from the Beast that is Galaxy Note 2
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    220 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by yankeesusa View Post
    I recently got the zagg hd shield from best buy. It was not even close to being hd. Took it back. Right now I have none but will be getting the spigen oleophobic dry install protector. Have heard great things about it. Will probably get it on amazon.

Sent from the Beast that is Galaxy Note 2
    Is the spigen ultra oleophobic better than the ultra crystal, I wasn't sure which to order for my note 2
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Thundershed v1.6

Quote Originally Posted by ibcop View Post

Best screen protectors available. Oleophobic if you want the extra fingerprint resistance.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    312 Global Posts

Im using the verizon ones and I do like them alot u get 3 for like $12 ive had it for 2 weeks now with no scratches at all no bubbles and they are cut to fit the hole screen now not just a square like before just my 2 cents!

Sent From: Yo Mama's House!
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Quote Originally Posted by bryonp View Post
    Im using the verizon ones and I do like them alot u get 3 for like $12 ive had it for 2 weeks now with no scratches at all no bubbles and they are cut to fit the hole screen now not just a square like before just my 2 cents!

Sent From: Yo Mama's House!
    I have spigen protector but I have had the Verizon generic ones and I feel like they were just as good. So I would agree with you.

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by bryonp View Post
    I also use the VZW protector with no issues. Even when I had my Droid Maxx with that elephant glass. I uesd one.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums
    Just love my GN2
    Thanked by:
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Thank you everyone

I've read that non oleophobic from Spigen is harder to clean. I cannot verify that.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    341 Global Posts

I purchased the Zagg HD from Best Buy yesterday and applied it last night. This HD one seems to be better than the old original ones. No orange peel that I can see. After day 1, there are still a few small bubbles that are working themselves out. The smoothness and finger slide of the protector seems ok. I looked at the ones at the VZW store and the ones they showed me didn't cover the entire screen so I decided to stay away from them. Hoping the Zagg HD will be acceptable for viewing and all once the bubbles work their way out.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    341 Global Posts

Upon further review...........I noticed that when using the S pen that it makes marks on the Zagg screen protector. Maybe because it is not fully cured, but regardless, it is going back to Best Buy today! Will try to find the VZW protector that everyone above has and seems to like.

Bryan
    Thanked by:

Spigen.....no issues here

Thanked by:

I don't use a screen Protector and suggest not to since it does effect the s-pen. I gave the spigen ultra crystal two chances and didn't like it either time.

Thanked by:

I'm happy with the oleophobic. Feels like glass and you don't see the fingerprints much unless the screen is off. Microfibre cloth is almost a necessity though.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2