1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    924 Global Posts

Default Question about flip cover

Seeing how none of the Verizon stores in the area do not have any of the flip covers, can I check sprint or att or tmobile? Does anyone know if their flip covers are branded with their carrier logos?
    Mr Fix-It

ROM
    Stock Rooted

Default Re: Question about flip cover

Quote Originally Posted by DT81 View Post
    Seeing how none of the Verizon stores in the area do not have any of the flip covers, can I check sprint or att or tmobile? Does anyone know if their flip covers are branded with their carrier logos?
    Flip covers aren't branded. They just say Samsung on the back and Samsung Galaxy Note II on the front. I'd go to the store in person just to make sure the cover fits.
    “Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long.
    We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things,
    because we're curious...and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.”

-Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by DT81 View Post
    I ordered mine from Verizon. No they dont have any branding just the Samsung logo

They are not carrier branded. I have the white, titanium, and orange of which only the white was bought at the verizon store. You can buy a flip case at any verizon, att, sprint, tmobile store if they have it in stock.
    The titanium and orange were bought online and all three fit just the same.

I like the look of the flip covers... but 3 things... 1) they don't look to me like they'd protect the phone much if it fell. 2) There's no cut-out on the front for the notification light. Aren't you eliminating the use of your notification light with one of these? And 3) I'm assuming you'd have to leave the flap totally open when taking photos from the rear camera... meaning you couldn't flip it over or it would cover the lens. Thoughts?

ROM
    Stock rom/rooted

Quote Originally Posted by reb422 View Post
    I like the look of the flip covers... but 3 things... 1) they don't look to me like they'd protect the phone much if it fell. 2) There's no cut-out on the front for the notification light. Aren't you eliminating the use of your notification light with one of these? And 3) I'm assuming you'd have to leave the flap totally open when taking photos from the rear camera... meaning you couldn't flip it over or it would cover the lens. Thoughts?
    I got one and love it. If it fall to the ground of course it's gonna to damage as it is really on a flap to cover the screen. I like it because it cover the screen when I'm on a call the screen stays clean (you can talk with it closed).

Quote Originally Posted by reb422 View Post
    I LOVE my flip cover.
    1. You're right, they don't offer much protection in case of a fall. I don't drop my phones so I'm not worried about that.
    2. My flip cover is only "closed" when it's in my pocket. Any other time when it's on my desk at work, on my night stand or anywhere else where I can see it i lay it down with the flip cover "flipped". Even on my OEM car dock it fits with the flap flipped back. Not only can you see your phone like this, but it also protects the back of the phone from scratches.
    3. It is a little awkward at first, taking pictures with the flap hanging, but you get used to it pretty quick.

I HATE the added bulk of any case and this one adds next to nothing in bulk to the phone. I HATE how stick on screen protectors look after a few weeks of use. Scratches all over them, edges coming up, finger print/oil magnets and nothing feels as smooth as the naked glass on your fingers. I also like that you can use the phone during a phone call with the cover closed so you don't get face grease all over your screen.

I don't know if you've noticed, but there is a little lag in the phone waking up when you hit the power or home button to wake the phone. I downloaded an app that wakes up my screen as soon as it senses that I am opening the flap. It is a LOT faster than hitting the power or home button.

ROM
    Stock rom/rooted

Quote Originally Posted by sux2bu View Post
    I LOVE my flip cover.
    1. You're right, they don't offer much protection in case of a fall. I don't drop my phones so I'm not worried about that.
    2. My flip cover is only "closed" when it's in my pocket. Any other time when it's on my desk at work, on my night stand or anywhere else where I can see it i lay it down with the flip cover "flipped". Even on my OEM car dock it fits with the flap flipped back. Not only can you see your phone like this, but it also protects the back of the phone from scratches.
    3. It is a little awkward at first, taking pictures with the flap hanging, but you get used to it pretty quick.

I HATE the added bulk of any case and this one adds next to nothing in bulk to the phone. I HATE how stick on screen protectors look after a few weeks of use. Scratches all over them, edges coming up, finger print/oil magnets and nothing feels as smooth as the naked glass on your fingers. I also like that you can use the phone during a phone call with the cover closed so you don't get face grease all over your screen.

I don't know if you've noticed, but there is a little lag in the phone waking up when you hit the power or home button to wake the phone. I downloaded an app that wakes up my screen as soon as it senses that I am opening the flap. It is a LOT faster than hitting the power or home button.
    Mind sharing the app.?

Hmmm... interesting responses. I'm still considering one... just a little nervous that it doesn't really offer much "protection". Drops happen. At least for me they do. I'm not careless or anything but accidents happen. And even something as simple as having my phone slide around while in a golf cart... I'm a little nervous that my phone would get all dinged up from the minimal protection of a flip case. Still thinkin' though. Thanks.

ROM
    Stock rom/rooted

Quote Originally Posted by NHBass39 View Post
    Mind sharing the app.?
    Mind sharing the App.?

Quote Originally Posted by NHBass39 View Post
    Mind sharing the App.?
    There are a bunch that do the same thing. I tried a couple of free ones, but they didn't work. This paid one has a free trial if you want to try it out. I picked this paid one because it had the best reviews.

Free trial

Just remember if you want a flip case get it from Samsung as I think theirs has the nfc chip on them which I still get mad that they put it on the battery cover. Also remember if you register your note 2 with Samsung they'll send you a coupon for 50% off accessories, any of their accessories.

Sent from the Beast that is Galaxy Note 2

I have one and wear as some people may say skinny jeans I call them fitted and not baggy like the 90's but any who there is no added bulk a all sides in and out no problem. I have the white note with the silver flip cover pretty pretty cool and no stupid verizon logo on the back!