Unexplained Sound at night

zanshin825

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
Hi, guys.

Okay...I'm trying to identify and eliminate a sound that the phone is making at night. I have blocking mode on, and my notifications off...but every once in awhile, I hear some sort of notification noise that's a simple "BeeBoop". Since I have blocking mode on, I have no idea what it is, and it's driving me crazy because it keeps waking me up. When I check the phone, though, there's no message or notification, and when I go into sounds, I don't see what's making the noise. It usually happens between 3 and 6 am, more than once...and I have blocking mode set until 7 am.

Any ideas? Does it make noises when it reaches full charge? I never notice one during the day, but that's the only think I can think it could possibly be. And, if so, how do I turn that crap off?

Thanks.

zanshin825

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
Is there a way to turn that nonsense off? I looked under both Sound, Power and Battery and can't find any way to do it.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, it's ridiculous that Blocking Mode doesn't just handle that.

zanshin825

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
I just did a search for "Battery Charged Silencer" in the market and it says that the app isn't compatible with the Note 2. Man, I need to shut this thing up.

zanshin825

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
I haven't tried that yet, because I thought that this sort of thing is exactly what Blocking Mode is for. If I mute outright, then I won't get emergency calls from my favorites, which is how I have it set up. Sort of defeats the purpose. But I guess I don't have much of a choice.

zanshin825

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
Now I'm trying something called "Silent Sleep" which auto-enables mute during a defined period of time. Not a perfect solution, but I hope it works. What a stupid and unnecessary problem.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Is there not a manual shut off? My S3 had it. Can't remember where, but I had it set to not do it because I always charged at night and it was right next to my head. That would drive me INSANE!

zanshin825

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
As an update, I now think that it was the charging sound that was somehow triggered by a Motorola charger that I was using in the bedroom. Maybe it wasn't providing enough juice. I swapped it for the oem charger and haven't had the issue since.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC