Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Default Re: How do you carry your Note 2?

I keep mine in the front right pocket. I am using a Speck candyshell case with a Verizon screen protector. Keys and everything else go in my left pocket. The Note 2 is just the proper width so as to fit comfortably without wanting to turn in there while I'm moving around. I thought about getting the Seidio surface/holster combo like I've had with past devices, but decided the N2 in a holster might look like a "fanny pack" or not allow me to bend at the waist.

I use the Seidio Actve holster. The only thing that gets in my way is my stomach when I bend over.

Sent from my GN2 using Android Central Forums.
    Just love my GN4
    Steve Ogura likes this.

I had a DroidX (in a Seidio holster) on my hip from its birth. It just became a part of me and I never knew it was there. I wanted the Note 2 but was very concerned about the carry on my hip size. I got the phone yesterday (before my active case arrived in the mail) and it was trying to hold on to a very slim wet bar of soap. I was so afraid of dropping it that I would not take it out in public until my case arrived. Now that I have the Seidio Active case and holster, I can hold on to it like I wanted, it fits on my hip without my awareness, and I don`t even fall over like I feared. The size of the phone is overblown, if you have the right tools... And the screen is beautiful!
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    10,735 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSP, & stock.

Got a hitch and u haul trailer.... With my brake stabilization in my new truck, I find the devise to travel nice and steady. I even have the brakes rigged in my truck to hit the skids if I leave behind s pen.
    rexxman and OffSpot2 like this.

10/4 there good buddy- ***`n in loud and proud...
    Johnly likes this.

I travel in the US and Canada. I have a Note 2 for the US and my GS3 for Canada. I don't walk around too much with the Note 2 but it fits nicely in my front right pocket of my cargo pants. I like my S3 in my el cheapo Niteize case. I'd put the Note in there, but it don't fit.

Note 2 in it's normal location.

Silly Note, that's where an S3 goes.

left front shirt pocket. still has the factory screen protector on it. thinking bout getting a slim case and protector for it but still will put it in my shirt pocket. dont like the bulky looking cases and i cant stand hip holsters not even for my old droidx or any phone. just my personal perference.

Global Posts
    46 Global Posts

front pocket of my jeans

It's tempting fate, but left rear pocket of pants. I have a belt holster that works well (the version Best Buy sells) but only use it when dressing business causal. In vehicle it goes in suction cup windshield mount. The glass on my vehicle is almost perfectly vertical, which makes this pretty easy.

Quote Originally Posted by underdonk View Post
    It's tempting fate, but left rear pocket of pants. I have a belt holster that works well (the version Best Buy sells) but only use it when dressing business causal. In vehicle it goes in suction cup windshield mount. The glass on my vehicle is almost perfectly vertical, which makes this pretty easy.
    Do you have a picture of the one you got from BestBuy? They don't have the holster type in the Verizon store near me. As of now, I'm putting it in my front pocket using the Samsung Flip Cover case.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2

I'm seriously considering this monster, but my 2nd (part time) job is walmart. khaki slacks have plenty of pocket room in them, but I just wonder if this will be too big. typically, my rezound sits in my left front pocket, not restricting me from bending or squating. however, the Note 2 is a considerable size difference. I'm debating between the S3, this, and the razr maxx HD. Spec-wise, this is the winner. size-wise, I'm not so sure. anyone have input to this???

Front Left pants pocket simple silicone ebay case.

Quote Originally Posted by cdf3 View Post
    Do you have a picture of the one you got from BestBuy? They don't have the holster type in the Verizon store near me. As of now, I'm putting it in my front pocket using the Samsung Flip Cover case.

Sorry this took me a few days. Here are a couple of crappy pictures of the case from Best Buy. As far as holster-style cases go, this is the best I've ever owned for any phone. Maybe I just haven't owned enough, but it appears as if they are selling a quality product in this case (pun intended).

It's tough to tell from the pics, but the inside surface of the case and holster are both a nice felt material to limit abrasions to surfaces that may come into contact and rub.
    Thanked by:
    cdf3 

Sorry this took me a few days. Here are a couple of crappy pictures of the case from Best Buy. As far as holster-style cases go, this is the best I've ever owned for any phone. Maybe I just haven't owned enough, but it appears as if they are selling a quality product in this case (pun intended).

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/12/27/upyravej.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/12/27/ube4a3e3.jpg

It's tough to tell from the pics, but the inside surface of the case and holster are both a nice felt material to limit abrasions to surfaces that may come into contact and rub.
    I went to Best Buy today looking for it, but was unable to find it. All of the reps were tied up with customers, so didn't bother asking them. Maybe I can look for it on their website, or find one online somewhere.

Global Posts
    1,371 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock unrooted

I called 2 best buy stores and they both said they were out. Checked online and it said I could do in store pickup to one. I called that one again and the girl found one misplaced.

This case is solid, i really like it. Really nice feel and im actually using the holster.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    4G LTE Thunderbolt

I came across the holster case on Best Buy's website. Some of the reviewers gave it poor reviews and said the magnet for the kickstand caused problems with their device. Others said the case was great.
    Those of you that own that particular case, have you experienced any problems with it?

I came across the holster case on Best Buy's website. Some of the reviewers gave it poor reviews and said the magnet for the kickstand caused problems with their device. Others said the case was great.
    Those of you that own that particular case, have you experienced any problems with it?

Did they say what kind of problems? I did not note any issues when using the case (though I did not use NFC).

Did they say what kind of problems? I did not note any issues when using the case (though I did not use NFC).
    They said they had problems with the screen acting up due to the kickstand magnets in the case. When they removed the case, the screen issues stopped. Two users said they had the issue, while two other users did not.
    Here's the link:

http://m.bestbuy.com/m/e/product/rev...=1218832287567

They said they had problems with the screen acting up due to the kickstand magnets in the case. When they removed the case, the screen issues stopped. Two users said they had the issue, while two other users did not.
    Here's the link:

http://m.bestbuy.com/m/e/product/rev...=1218832287567

I have been using the Seidio Active case. I do like it but find it some what bulky. I just ordered the other case/holster from the online store here. Will let you know how I like it next week.
    Just love my GN4

No magnet problems.
    Any case will add bulk but this adds no more than others.

I am the NRA, sent with Tapatalk 2

the magnets cause issue with the s pen working, depending on placement they will cause temporary dead spots on the screen.

I'm currently using this case, It's from Spigen and it has a snap closure so no magnet trouble!

Use the s pen all the time with no problems.

I am the NRA, sent with Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by asrx View Post
    Quote "Sounds scary!"

Pfft - it's a phone! I hate how my friends and family baby their devices. As long as it runs and the screen isn't cracked, I couldn't care less how it looks. As if this wasn't obvious, I carry mine in my front pants pocket with a invisi-shield that won't stay on.
    Sticking it in your back pocket is a good way to get a cracked screen, hence "sounds scary" just sayin'

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
    johnriii likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by secondandonly View Post
    the magnets cause issue with the s pen working, depending on placement they will cause temporary dead spots on the screen.
    Not trying to be rude, but do you have personal experience with this happening or is it something you read on the Internet somewhere? It is this kind of blanket statement that I often see which perpetuates misinformation. Again, I mean no offense - simply would like to know.

personal experience. I've also contacted wacom, wacom of course is the company that makes the tech that allows the s pen to work. This is not speculation, this is not a guess. This is fact.

Go get a magnet, put it on a table, put your note 2 on top, go to s note. try to color the whole screen in and watch as you have a circular spot that will not fill in at all.

I'll repeat... THIS IS A FACT.
    Thanked by 2:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast