Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    341 Global Posts

Default How do you carry your Note 2?

I currently have the GS3 and am thinking about buying the Note 2 off contract. Went to the store and am ok with the size as my hands are larger than average. They only had the shell cases which would mean carrying the phone in my pocket. I have always carried my phones on my side with a belt clip. From what I have seen the only real solution to carry on the belt is the Otter Box but that adds even more bulkyness to an already large phone. My question is how does everyone carry their phone? If you are used to using a belt clip and now carry in your pocket, was the transition that hard? I have always been scared of damaging my phones if I carry them in my pockets.

Thanks
    Bryan

Default Re: How do you carry your Note 2?

I usually carry my Note II in the front left pocket of my jeans, the left outside zipper pocket of my jacket or in the back pocket of my work scrubs.
    sfbates likes this.

I carry mine in my front shirt pocket...I ALWAYS buy shirts with a pocket; just a pet peeve of mine...I have my Note 2 in the Samsung White Hard Case and it easiy fits in my pocket and I don't have to worry when I sit down.
    Cory

Global Posts
    4,339 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

No issues carrying in the front pocket but I only use that pocket for the device. I also use the Seidio Active case with holster - it does add a bit to the size but I do feel comfortable knowing the beast is protected.

There are several shell/holster combos on the market.
    I have two, I always purchase two in case one breaks.

front left pocket with the flip cover I never have to worry about the screen getting messed up

Throw mine in the back pocket of my jeans. No cover. No protector.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Global Posts
    341 Global Posts

Sounds scary!
    Quote Originally Posted by cubetop View Post
    Throw mine in the back pocket of my jeans. No cover. No protector.

johnriii likes this.

I've been carrying my phones in my left front pocket for so long that I am conditioned to put nothing else in there with the phone. I have the white Ringke Slim on my white Note 2.

Carry mine in my pocket of my jeans with the flip cover facing towards me and camera facing away.
    Previously with my I phone, when I carried it with screen facing me it would scratch on the jeans metal dots at your pockets. And I wouldn't want to face the screen outside to prevent damage.
    This way the screen is facing towards you and it can't get scratched by those metal things on your jeans because of the flip cover.
    Sent from my Note II

Quote Originally Posted by ncbryan View Post
    Sounds scary!
    I've carried every phone that way since my Evo 3D. Never had a scratched screen or any issues. Previous phone was a DROID razr MAXX which did sport a Cruizerlite Case but still, no issues.

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

I carry mine like a small child cradled in my arms.
    Sometimes I watch it sleep and kiss it on the forehead, of course I shut off quick glance, wouldn't want to wake the poor thing up.
    From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato
    TeeX, Arun01, Bobman and 5 others like this.

Left shirt pocket. No room in my pants pocket, and vibrate mode is to ticklish...

Alone (No keys, coins or anything else at all) in my right front pants pocket for quick
    and easy access. Feels no different than the s3 that previously lived there. In fact
    that's where I've kept all my phones for quite some time. At one time I also carried
    a PDA (I know. Whats that?! LOLS) in my left front pocket before smartphones
    became smart enough to make the transition. Thank God!

Oh and it's normally rocking a slim case though sometimes without.

I used to have my Thunderbolt in a Seidio spring clip holster (no case) and clipped to a belt loop on my right side. Now with the Note 2, it's typically in my left front pocket in a Monaco vertical pouch with the belt clip facing out and clipped onto the pocket. It's comfortable to walk or sit with it and feels very secure, no risk of it coming out. Otherwise those few times where a pocket is too small (ex. couple pair of jeans), I'll clip the pouch on the outside of either front pocket sitting vertical. I've tried putting it on my belt loop like I did with the Thunderbolt, but it tends to get in the way when sitting down or bounces off my thigh while walking due to the larger size. Not to mention I think it looks too much like a man purse; not a look I'm comfortable with. LOL

Global Posts
    1,371 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock unrooted

I have a shell holster combo but its too big for me to use on the waist. Usually just pocket it.

4G LTE Thunderbolt

Note 2 sits in my front right jeans pocket with a flip cover.
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

Global Posts
    341 Global Posts

Took the plunge and got my Note 2 yesterday from VZW corporate store. They had the hard plastic shell case with kickstand so I purchased that for the time being. Kept the phone in my front pocket all evening and felt it uncomfortable. I have always carried my phones on my belt with some sort of holster clip. Got home last night and did the research and ordered the Siedio Active Case and holster combo from the AC store. I think with the swivel belt clip I will be able to position it comfortably on my belt for normal wear. Thinking about getting another book style case to use when I am meeting a customer or something that I will be actually taking notes during a meeting.

I use a holster and case on my hip. I swivel the holster sideways.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums
    Just love my GN2
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  

Global Posts
    341 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ishore99 View Post
    I use a holster and case on my hip. I swivel the holster sideways.

Which holster/case did you get and do you like it?

Bryan

Global Posts
    71 Global Posts

front letf jeans pocket...avoid the front right, or whichever has the change pocket...some people said the metal things on them can scratch the screen as you take it out of the pocket.

i rock some skinny jeans, and was pleasntly surprised this beast fit into all of them with no problem

Quote Originally Posted by ncbryan View Post
    Which holster/case did you get and do you like it?
    I bought the Seidio Active case and holster. One thing I find is that ir feels like the phone is slipping when I type.

Just love my GN2

Cool Re: How do you carry your Note 2?

Quote "Sounds scary!"

Pfft - it's a phone! I hate how my friends and family baby their devices. As long as it runs and the screen isn't cracked, I couldn't care less how it looks. As if this wasn't obvious, I carry mine in my front pants pocket with a invisi-shield that won't stay on.

Quote Originally Posted by asrx View Post
    Quote "Sounds scary!"

Pfft - it's a phone! I hate how my friends and family baby their devices. As long as it runs and the screen isn't cracked, I couldn't care less how it looks. As if this wasn't obvious, I carry mine in my front pants pocket with a invisi-shield that won't stay on.
    If you can make an invisi-shield to come off at will I can't wait for your next useful post. LOL.

Have you ever thought maybe babying their devices is how they keep their phones running and crack free?
    johnriii and Kelly Kearns like this.
    Mr Fix-It

ROM
    Stock Rooted

Just like all my other phones I carry it in my pocket. This is the only phone I've ever had a "case" for. I say "case" because the flip cover is hardly meant to do much more than keep your hand/face oils off the screen.
    “Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long.
    We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things,
    because we're curious...and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.”

-Walt Disney
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast