Getting the Note 2 but BITTERSWEET

craftychic319

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
I will be getting the Note 2 in a week or so but I must say that this is very bittersweet for me.

The note 2 is the the coolest phone I love it !!! here is the problem that i worry about. We will be switching to Verizon from Sprint. sprint is 3g but we had unlimited data. With Verizon we are going to a share plan with 4 gig (spelling) I use my phone mostly to surf the web all day , I love to watch Youtube (please don't roll your eyes but it is the only think that keeps me awake during my long drive home!) my husband has a blackberry right now he doesn't do much on it but texting. I have tried to convince him when he get a good smartphone he will see how much he is on it.He will be getting the note 2 also! We also have our 14 year old son on our plan too. I have blocked him from using a web browser just because i think he is to young to have free reign of one. We are getting our son an Iphone 5 . I feel like I will have this awsome phone and i'm not going to be able to do crap on it due to this limited data. my husband says verizon is faster so i won't spend so much time waiting for pages to load but i feel like that is wrong because if the pages load faster that just means i can view more in less time!!!!! okay, okay i can stop the youtube and deal with that but i can't give up my web surfing to!!
Do I have this all wrong??? I mean what is the point of having this bestest , coolest phone if i'm not going to be able to use it the way it is intended to be used! and yes I am stompping my feet right now!

any advice???

gafly

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Yes, what Ipt said. Use WiFi whenever you can. My Note is on a 2Gb data plan (my cycle ends on the 19th of each month) and I've used less than 1Gb as of today. I'll probably right around or just over a Gb on the 19th. I hookup to WiFi at the office, at home, and anywhere that has free WiFi. Don't pay to hookup to a public WiFi network though. It's not worth the cost.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
What phone are to using now and what's your plan....I couldn't switch I need unlimited , I used 11gigs last month. I stream netflix like a beast since I work long hours in a lab.
From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

ishore99

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
I have Samsung TecTiles on the suggestion of tje VZW rep. I did have. Moto Druid Maxx, which had Smart Actions which I was afrid I was going to miss.

With TecTiles [TT] I have one when I walk into my house and it sets my Wi-Fi to on.when I leave it sets it to off.

You will reduce your data use with the use of Wi-Fi.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

stronggeek

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Wifi ideas sound good, but the only thing is she watches youtube on the long drive home.
I think you're simply going to need a bigger plan.

corki2

Nov 5, 2010
Visit site
Verizon has an app called "Verizon Wifi Auto On". It turns it on and off according to the locations you specify. I works great for me. I work from home so I have it set to turn it on when I'm home and off when I leave home.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

craftychic319

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
What phone are to using now and what's your plan....I couldn't switch I need unlimited , I used 11gigs last month. I stream netflix like a beast since I work long hours in a lab.

I have an HTC Hero . And we have a family plan with sprint right now with unlimited data. I have never had to keep up with my data before but the last couple of days I have been using the watch dog app just to get an idea of my data usage. I seem to do fine with the web surfing but i had not idea how much it jumped up with the you tube. Am I only charged when I first visit the page or am i charged data the whole time i'm on that page, does that make sense? if i use a brower like dolphin (thats what i use on my hero) but don't close out of it am i still using data?

Hail6

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Wifi ideas sound good, but the only thing is she watches youtube on the long drive home.
I think you're simply going to need a bigger plan.

I think she should do everyone a favor and GTF off your phone while driving!!!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

AustinTech

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I think she should do everyone a favor and GTF off your phone while driving!!!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

Seriously, it's dangerous and ILLEGAL.

Don't do it. There's my suggestion. If you continue I hope you get tons of tickets or drive into a tree and hurt yourself so you can't drive anymore. That way me and my family will be safe on the road. Nitwits like you hurt or kill people cause you can't go a minute without being entertained.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

MittenSportsFan

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
I have an HTC Hero . And we have a family plan with sprint right now with unlimited data. I have never had to keep up with my data before but the last couple of days I have been using the watch dog app just to get an idea of my data usage. I seem to do fine with the web surfing but i had not idea how much it jumped up with the you tube. Am I only charged when I first visit the page or am i charged data the whole time i'm on that page, does that make sense? if i use a brower like dolphin (thats what i use on my hero) but don't close out of it am i still using data?

Unless I missed something in your posts you haven't mentioned how much data you currently use on Sprint (you mention Watchdog app but didn't give a number for a full month).
I know many that have unlimited data on VZW so they never check their data use. When I checked their use it was still under 1gb per month.
Find out how much you currently use on Sprint. It may not be as much as you think.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys she didn't say she was driving. She could be on a bus or car pooling or simply putting on a video and listening. I don't think we need name calling to make our points.

craftychic319

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
Seriously, it's dangerous and ILLEGAL.

Don't do it. There's my suggestion. If you continue I hope you get tons of tickets or drive into a tree and hurt yourself so you can't drive anymore. That way me and my family will be safe on the road. Nitwits like you hurt or kill people cause you can't go a minute without being entertained.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

I'm sorry you feel that way , Do you avoid your car stereo also? I think I'm smart enough to figure out a way to be safe about it . Thanks for the help

craftychic319

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
Unless I missed something in your posts you haven't mentioned how much data you currently use on Sprint (you mention Watchdog app but didn't give a number for a full month).
I know many that have unlimited data on VZW so they never check their data use. When I checked their use it was still under 1gb per month.
Find out how much you currently use on Sprint. It may not be as much as you think.

I was able to find a couple past sprint bills 1,599,955.00 and 1,238,356.00 is what they showed for my data use. not sure what that turns into gb so i will look that up. Thanks

MittenSportsFan

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
I was able to find a couple past sprint bills 1,599,955.00 and 1,238,356.00 is what they showed for my data use. not sure what that turns into gb so i will look that up. Thanks

Since you used less than 2gb per month in the past you probably won't use a lot more even with the GN2. Streaming YouTube video during your commute should use a similar amount of data on each carrier. If you have your sons web access restricted it will be difficult for him to consume a lot of data.
Also, I doubt if your husband will go from 0 to 2gb per month (even under the influence of the GN2) overnight.
4gb should be enough initially.
You may have to bump up to 6gb when you eventually allow your son web access and your husband discovers all the GN2 can do.
I imagine you have wifi access at home and possibly at work so it is hard to do major data damage on just your commute.