Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree9Likes
  • 1 Post By Casey Cheung
  • 4 Post By Terry4505
  • 3 Post By pool_shark
  • 1 Post By MrSmith317
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Galaxy Note 3 rumor

Galaxy Note 3 Said to Up Note 2 with a Massive 6.3-inch Display

Galaxy Note 3 Said to Up Note 2 with a Massive 6.3" Display in 2013

The Galaxy Note 3 will reportedly dwarf the Galaxy Note 2 with a 6.3-inch display that may cross the bounds from phablet to tablet in 2013.

The Galaxy Note 3 rumor comes from the Korea Times, which claims Samsung is working on a larger Galaxy Note for 2013.

If the Korea Times source is correct, the Galaxy Note 3′s display is a full inch larger than the original Galaxy Note. The Galaxy Note 2 features a 5.5-inch display which is already quite large, though not too large to use as a phone.

Global Posts
    830 Global Posts

Default Re: Galaxy Note 3 rumor

Too big. I hope this rumor is not true. 5.5" is the limit, in my opinion. Any bigger than that and you just need to break down and get a tablet.

I think the standard sizes should be 4.5", 5.5", 7" and 10". 2 smartphone sizes and 2 tablet sizes.

Unbreakable displays, what a concept!

My Note 2 still barely fits in and out of my front trouser pocket. I can't imagine trying to fit anything larger. I don't want to have to resort to carrying a man purse just to hold a phone, haha!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    Is that a Samsung Note 3 in your pocket or are you just glad to see me?
    VolMan37421 likes this.

I may be in the minority here... But I wouldn't mind if this phone was a bit bigger. After owning it for a few weeks, I have definitely gotten used to the size, and wouldn't mind it being a bit larger.

Global Posts
    10,669 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSP, & stock.

Quote Originally Posted by Terry4505 View Post
    I may be in the minority here... But I wouldn't mind if this phone was a bit bigger. After owning it for a few weeks, I have definitely gotten used to the size, and wouldn't mind it being a bit larger.
    I could live with a little larger device. Right now the note 2 seems perfect though. Every time something one ups in size, I go for it. The note 2 is one bad mutha!
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by Johnly View Post
    I could live with a little larger device. Right now the note 2 seems perfect though. Every time something one ups in size, I go for it. The note 2 is one bad mutha... "Shut yo mouth"
    NHBass39, Johnly and DroidXcon like this.
    Mr Fix-It

ROM
    Stock Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by Terry4505 View Post
    How is this thread not going to turn into a "that's what she said" joke? Anyway 6.3 still isn't even a full inch bigger than the Note 2. I'd have to see it and play with it (insert dirty joke here) before I make the call.
    Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long.
    We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things,
    because we're curious...and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.

-Walt Disney
    VolMan37421 likes this.

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Quote Originally Posted by MrSmith317 View Post
    How is this thread not going to turn into a "that's what she said" joke? Anyway 6.3 still isn't even a full inch bigger than the Note 2. I'd have to see it and play with it (insert dirty joke here) before I make the call.
    Lol thank you I was biting my tongue lol. ....5.5 is my limit as I have to stretch my thumb to hit the top opposing corner. At this point I would rather they upgrade their 7.7 and a would have a tab and keep my note 2

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato

I'd be up for 6.3. Remember, 6.3 is from corner to corner, so there's space where the samsung logo and home buttons are to stretch more. Maybe all nav buttons on the display. Trim the bezel on the sides and you may be getting close to 5.8-6.0. The rest of the way is going to make the phone just a tad bigger. Means a bigger s-pen too =)

I could maybe do 5.8 but thats my limit. I mean it's almost the size of a nexus 7!

Sent from the greatest phone in the world, The Galaxy Note 2 on Verizon.
    Current device: Verizon Galaxy Note 2
    Farmhouse Fraternity UTK

Crossing the 6" barrier is pointless. At that point you're really better off just getting a 7" tablet.

The Note 2 is a perfect size for me. I could see going up to maybe 5.8" but that's the max.

when I first saw the Google Nexus 7" tablet, I thought they should put a phone in this as many will find it useful as a single device that will do it all.

the reason Note III is 6.3" is because Note IV will be 6.5".

these guys are not dummies, so far they have been right about what we want. But Note III will not be the ideal phablet for all, but will be for some.

Still today after few weeks of having the Note II, each time I take it out of my pocket I marvel at the size. meaning it's a bit too big for carrying around in the pocket, but on my desk or at home, it looks great!
    Samsung Galaxy Note II - VZW
    Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 - VZW

I could do 6" if there was no bezel. Would be close to the same size, however, I don't plan on upgrading this for the entire 2 years. I've yet to have a phone for the full length, but after having the Note 2 for a couple weeks now, I don't even look at phone tech. sites anymore. There is no need.

Quote Originally Posted by infmethod View Post
    I could do 6" if there was no bezel. Would be close to the same size, however, I don't plan on upgrading this for the entire 2 years. I've yet to have a phone for the full length, but after having the Note 2 for a couple weeks now, I don't even look at phone tech. sites anymore. There is no need.
    i found myself agreeing with you and then got real and came to my senses.....all of us junkies will be jonesing for a new toy in 6months and will be waiting impatiently to preorder...hahaha.
    yes i love my note 2 but heck there will be something around the bend with some other cool features we can't wait to try!!