Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By DroidXcon
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Verizon removed Wifi toggle?

I had briefly used a Galaxy S3, and one of the really annoying thing that Verizon seems to have done is to remove the wifi toggle in the notification area.

I finally saw the Verizon Note2 in the store, and guess what, there's no Wifi toggle in the notification area, just like the S3. Everything else is there, mobile data, gps, bluetooth, etc. I've seen the Note2 in the AT&T store, and the Wifi toggle is there.

So someone at Verizon, in their infinite wisdom, must have thought that by removing this option, it will benefit Verizon's bottom line in some way... Like you won't be bothered to turn it off as often??

I hope I am simply wong, and the button is missing due to misconfiguration of the unit on display. Can anyone who have the unit confirm/deny whether this is true?

Thanks!

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Default Re: Verizon removed Wifi toggle?

Quote Originally Posted by wildgoose007 View Post
    I had briefly used a Galaxy S3, and one of the really annoying thing that Verizon seems to have done is to remove the wifi toggle in the notification area.

I finally saw the Verizon Note2 in the store, and guess what, there's no Wifi toggle in the notification area, just like the S3. Everything else is there, mobile data, gps, bluetooth, etc. I've seen the Note2 in the AT&T store, and the Wifi toggle is there.

So someone at Verizon, in their infinite wisdom, must have thought that by removing this option, it will benefit Verizon's bottom line in some way... Like you won't be bothered to turn it off as often??

I hope I am simply wong, and the button is missing due to misconfiguration of the unit on display. Can anyone who have the unit confirm/deny whether this is true?

Thanks!
    This is true but nothing 10 mins of rooting and moving a file cant solve
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato
    NHBass39 likes this.

It's there... swipe the notification bar and you will see WiFi is off, click to turn on. Swipe again and click on the WiFi network that is connected and the turn it off. Not as clean as before but it is there.

Quote Originally Posted by SupperDroid View Post
    It's there... swipe the notification bar and you will see WiFi is off, click to turn on. Swipe again and click on the WiFi network that is connected and the turn it off. Not as clean as before but it is there.
    No, it isn't.

Global Posts
    792 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Guys just unlock the bootloader and take back full control of your device
    Who cares what verizon does and doesnt do

Im running beans new rom and the notification area is a million times cleaner ...wifi toggle is back ..and no annoying ongoing notification

Quote Originally Posted by mkhalil06 View Post

Im running beans new rom and the notification area is a million times cleaner ...wifi toggle is back ..and no annoying ongoing notification
    Many people prefer to remain stock.

Global Posts
    1,371 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock unrooted

If you hold down that notification you can force close it and its gone.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    4G LTE Thunderbolt

Global Posts
    792 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Bond32 View Post
    If you hold down that notification you can force close it and its gone.

it comes back the second u leave that wifi area

Global Posts
    1,371 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock unrooted

Not for me... hold the wifi part down in notifications, app info, force stop. Doesnt come back till a reboot.

4G LTE Thunderbolt

Quote Originally Posted by mkhalil06 View Post

I agree 100%. Screw Verizon, I pay for their service which should be enough already for them to leave my device alone. But no, they gotta go and butcher it with their advertising, bloatware, and stupid nonsensical modifications to the software like this one.

Happily unlocked my device and installed custom firmware to enjoy. I am looking forward to the day I can strip that stupid "Verizon Wireless" branding off my notification drop down.
    Samsung Galaxy Note 2 on Verizon
    Cyanogen Mod 10.1 Nightlies

Global Posts
    71 Global Posts

Download power toggles = win

Global Posts
    792 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by DaRkL3AD3R View Post
    I agree 100%. Screw Verizon, I pay for their service which should be enough already for them to leave my device alone. But no, they gotta go and butcher it with their advertising, bloatware, and stupid nonsensical modifications to the software like this one.

Happily unlocked my device and installed custom firmware to enjoy. I am looking forward to the day I can strip that stupid "Verizon Wireless" branding off my notification drop down.
    same here, once that garbage in the notification drop down is gone there won't remain anything else from verizon on my device
    they are useful for nothing but an internet connection... the sooner they realize this the better

I really don't see the big deal here.
    Yes, the wifi toggle made turning wifi on/off easy, but there are apps that do the very same thing.
    The pulldown notification didn't bother me, and now that it's gone, I miss it because I could use it to easily switch between my 5 and 2.4 bands.
    You only see the pulldown notification when you use the pulldown, that hardly seems like a thing to hate in my eyes.
    Now if they still has the pop-up notification every time we entered an app that used data I could understand.

To me, complaining about the pulldown notification is as bad as complaining about the logo on the button.