MHL Adapter

byrds8

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Would there be any difference between the 11-pin MHL plug and the 5 Pin with the 11-pin adapter on it? I have a 5 pin MHL that I used with the Galaxy Nexus and I know it will not work without the 11pin adapter on my Note 2. I just dont want a performance loss or anything because of not getting a straight 11pin

byrds8

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Supposedly it works. Samsung lists it as a compatible accessory with the Note 2. You can even buy a 5 pin MHL and the 11 Pin adapter together off their site. I just would rather pay 10 for the adapter as opposed to 40 for a new MHL if it is going to literally be the same.

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Supposedly it works. Samsung lists it as a compatible accessory with the Note 2. You can even buy a 5 pin MHL and the 11 Pin adapter together off their site. I just would rather pay 10 for the adapter as opposed to 40 for a new MHL if it is going to literally be the same.

Register your phone on Samsung's site and get a 50% off coupon. Boom 11 pin MHL adapter for $19.99 plus shipping. Can also combine it with a bunch of other things like a dock or bluetooth headset etc. Just gotta wait for them to come back in stock.

byrds8

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I have the 50% off coupon now. Its just the fact they have none in stock and havent for a while. Not to mention I own a MHL adapter I got off Overstock when I used the Galaxy Nexus. Of course Samsung says it might not work with the Note to just because its not a Samsung product lol.

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I have the 50% off coupon now. Its just the fact they have none in stock and havent for a while. Not to mention I own a MHL adapter I got off Overstock when I used the Galaxy Nexus. Of course Samsung says it might not work with the Note to just because its not a Samsung product lol.

Actually, I figured the same thing "oh they just want me to buy 'their' product" but actually it does matter. I had a Monoprice MHL adapter for my Galaxy Nexus and it was JUNK. Screen would randomly flicker black, sometimes it would drop signal altogether and the majority of the time I went to use it (like 9/10) it just never worked at all.

So yeah it does matter. I know the cable is out of stock right now but hang tight keep an eye out for it. If you plan on keeping this device for awhile and enjoying the experience I would go with nothing but official, and I'd use the most basic known-to-work setup as possible.

leroybrute

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Actually, I figured the same thing "oh they just want me to buy 'their' product" but actually it does matter. I had a Monoprice MHL adapter for my Galaxy Nexus and it was JUNK. Screen would randomly flicker black, sometimes it would drop signal altogether and the majority of the time I went to use it (like 9/10) it just never worked at all.

So yeah it does matter. I know the cable is out of stock right now but hang tight keep an eye out for it. If you plan on keeping this device for awhile and enjoying the experience I would go with nothing but official, and I'd use the most basic known-to-work setup as possible.

I bought 3 mhl adapters from monoprice and used them with my rezounds and nexus and they worked perfectly fine. You can get the 11 to 5 pin adapter on amazon or monoprice for 3 bucks or so.

cj100570

Spoken Word?
Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Would there be any difference between the 11-pin MHL plug and the 5 Pin with the 11-pin adapter on it? I have a 5 pin MHL that I used with the Galaxy Nexus and I know it will not work without the 11pin adapter on my Note 2. I just dont want a performance loss or anything because of not getting a straight 11pin

The 5 pin doesn't work with the GSIII or GNII as Samsung moved to an 11 pin setup. I have the 11 pin adapter to go with an MHL adapter I already had and there's no difference whatsoever. HDMI is a digital signal and thus shouldn't suffer any degradation. If the plug or cable is bad it simply shouldn't work.

Bowman53

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Anyone know if this Pipeline universal MHL adapter works with the GN2. I'm guessing it does because it lists the GS3 as a compatible device.....thats 11 pin same as the Note 2 right?

RadioShack

cj100570

Spoken Word?
Nov 12, 2009
Visit site

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21