1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    516 Global Posts

Default MHL Adapter

Would there be any difference between the 11-pin MHL plug and the 5 Pin with the 11-pin adapter on it? I have a 5 pin MHL that I used with the Galaxy Nexus and I know it will not work without the 11pin adapter on my Note 2. I just dont want a performance loss or anything because of not getting a straight 11pin
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Global Posts
    516 Global Posts

Default Re: MHL Adapter

No one know?

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Quote Originally Posted by byrds8 View Post
    No one know?
    if the 11pin adaptor works at all then there should not be a performanc loss
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    516 Global Posts

Supposedly it works. Samsung lists it as a compatible accessory with the Note 2. You can even buy a 5 pin MHL and the 11 Pin adapter together off their site. I just would rather pay 10 for the adapter as opposed to 40 for a new MHL if it is going to literally be the same.

Supposedly it works. Samsung lists it as a compatible accessory with the Note 2. You can even buy a 5 pin MHL and the 11 Pin adapter together off their site. I just would rather pay 10 for the adapter as opposed to 40 for a new MHL if it is going to literally be the same.
    Register your phone on Samsung's site and get a 50% off coupon. Boom 11 pin MHL adapter for $19.99 plus shipping. Can also combine it with a bunch of other things like a dock or bluetooth headset etc. Just gotta wait for them to come back in stock.
    Samsung Galaxy Note 2 on Verizon
    Cyanogen Mod 10.1 Nightlies
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    516 Global Posts

Yeah I have the 50% off coupon now. Its just the fact they have none in stock and havent for a while. Not to mention I own a MHL adapter I got off Overstock when I used the Galaxy Nexus. Of course Samsung says it might not work with the Note to just because its not a Samsung product lol.

Yeah I have the 50% off coupon now. Its just the fact they have none in stock and havent for a while. Not to mention I own a MHL adapter I got off Overstock when I used the Galaxy Nexus. Of course Samsung says it might not work with the Note to just because its not a Samsung product lol.
    Actually, I figured the same thing "oh they just want me to buy 'their' product" but actually it does matter. I had a Monoprice MHL adapter for my Galaxy Nexus and it was JUNK. Screen would randomly flicker black, sometimes it would drop signal altogether and the majority of the time I went to use it (like 9/10) it just never worked at all.

So yeah it does matter. I know the cable is out of stock right now but hang tight keep an eye out for it. If you plan on keeping this device for awhile and enjoying the experience I would go with nothing but official, and I'd use the most basic known-to-work setup as possible.
    Samsung Galaxy Note 2 on Verizon
    Cyanogen Mod 10.1 Nightlies

Quote Originally Posted by DaRkL3AD3R View Post
    Actually, I figured the same thing "oh they just want me to buy 'their' product" but actually it does matter. I had a Monoprice MHL adapter for my Galaxy Nexus and it was JUNK. Screen would randomly flicker black, sometimes it would drop signal altogether and the majority of the time I went to use it (like 9/10) it just never worked at all.

So yeah it does matter. I know the cable is out of stock right now but hang tight keep an eye out for it. If you plan on keeping this device for awhile and enjoying the experience I would go with nothing but official, and I'd use the most basic known-to-work setup as possible.
    I bought 3 mhl adapters from monoprice and used them with my rezounds and nexus and they worked perfectly fine. You can get the 11 to 5 pin adapter on amazon or monoprice for 3 bucks or so.
    Spoken Word™

Global Posts
    432 Global Posts
    ROM
    Jelly Bean

Would there be any difference between the 11-pin MHL plug and the 5 Pin with the 11-pin adapter on it? I have a 5 pin MHL that I used with the Galaxy Nexus and I know it will not work without the 11pin adapter on my Note 2. I just dont want a performance loss or anything because of not getting a straight 11pin
    The 5 pin doesn't work with the GSIII or GNII as Samsung moved to an 11 pin setup. I have the 11 pin adapter to go with an MHL adapter I already had and there's no difference whatsoever. HDMI is a digital signal and thus shouldn't suffer any degradation. If the plug or cable is bad it simply shouldn't work.
    It is better to be pissed off than to be pissed on!

Anyone know if this Pipeline universal MHL adapter works with the GN2. I'm guessing it does because it lists the GS3 as a compatible device.....thats 11 pin same as the Note 2 right?

Spoken Word™

Global Posts
    432 Global Posts
    ROM
    Jelly Bean

Quote Originally Posted by Bowman53 View Post
    Anyone know if this Pipeline universal MHL adapter works with the GN2. I'm guessing it does because it lists the GS3 as a compatible device.....thats 11 pin same as the Note 2 right?

For that price you might as well just buy the official Samsung MHL adapter and have the piece of mind that comes from knowing that it's guaranteed to work.
    It is better to be pissed off than to be pissed on!