Apps Close to Open Folder

underdonk

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
I know this has been asked before in this forum, but for the life of me I cannot find the previous topic discussing this question. I remember reading it before I got the GN2 and thinking "big deal"... and now it is kind of driving me crazy. If you have a folder created on one of your homescreens with a couple of apps in it, you open the folder, launch an app, then press the Verizon button (I call it that for effect), the app gets back-grounded and the phone returns to the homescreen with the folder open.

My question is: is there a way, un-rooted, stock rom, to change this behavior to something like" close folder on app launch" or "close folders when home button is pressed"? I would appreciate any insight into this!

Thanks.

underdonk

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I was thinking about giving Nova a try - I've heard good things - but I was hoping to get this resolved on a completely stock config before going that route. Besides this one little annoyance I'm having zero other issues, and it's not really a switching-launchers kind of problem for me. :) Thanks for the response!

MrMLK

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I guess my feeling is that if you are considering switching laaunchers, you might as well do it beofre you spend a lot of time learning and configuring the one you are moving away from.

I hated the stock launcher, so I dumped it pretty quickly. I could have put up with a lot, but having a 4 by 4 grid on a 5.5 inch display was making me crazy. If Nova Launcher gave me nothing but the 5x6 grid I am using now, it would be worth switching.

corki2

Nov 5, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I was thinking about giving Nova a try - I've heard good things - but I was hoping to get this resolved on a completely stock config before going that route. Besides this one little annoyance I'm having zero other issues, and it's not really a switching-launchers kind of problem for me. :) Thanks for the response!

You can use an app such as Circle Launcher and keep your stock Touchwiz launcher. It's very customizable.
uvuzeqyp.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited: