Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Casey Cheung
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default SPen Uses?

I have had the phone for about 2 weeks now and I still don't use the SPen. What are some great uses or any entertaining things to use it for?

Default Re: SPen Uses?

Quote Originally Posted by Hell4u3 View Post
    I have had the phone for about 2 weeks now and I still don't use the SPen. What are some great uses or any entertaining things to use it for?
    I love the handwriting recognition when i'm writing something long....but even find myself responding to short texts also.

obviously doodling is awesome, i really like bamboo paper.

i like being able to pop out the pen and take a quick note down if i have to remember to do something, or don't have the time to set a calendar item just at that moment, write a quick note and add to calendar or tasks later.

i also find it handy on the internet....if you hover over the bottom of the screen, it will automatically start scrolling the screen, nice if you are reading an article, etc.

i do tend to pull out the pen to wake my phone up instead of using the power button....by passes the lock screen which i like.

There are a couple of games that are nice with the pen. But the thing I like most is writing my notes with the pen. makes me much quicker than typing things in.

Scrolling though email and websites is also improved. Plus,I love the hover function to preview folders and Albums.

Sent from Galaxy Note 2!
    Mr Fix-It

ROM
    Stock Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by karsdroid View Post
    I love the handwriting recognition when i'm writing something long....but even find myself responding to short texts also.

obviously doodling is awesome, i really like bamboo paper.

i like being able to pop out the pen and take a quick note down if i have to remember to do something, or don't have the time to set a calendar item just at that moment, write a quick note and add to calendar or tasks later.

i also find it handy on the internet....if you hover over the bottom of the screen, it will automatically start scrolling the screen, nice if you are reading an article, etc.

i do tend to pull out the pen to wake my phone up instead of using the power button....by passes the lock screen which i like.
    I just tried to install Bamboo Paper and it's listed as not compatible with the Note 2. WTF?
    “Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long.
    We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things,
    because we're curious...and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.”

-Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by MrSmith317 View Post
    I just tried to install Bamboo Paper and it's listed as not compatible with the Note 2. WTF?
    Holy cow....so weird. i don't know what they've done with it. i had it on my gs3 and was one of the first things i loaded onto my note 2.....

apk link posted on this page...
    Thanked by:
    Mr Fix-It

ROM
    Stock Rooted

Thanks!
    “Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long.
    We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things,
    because we're curious...and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.”

-Walt Disney

Go into the Play store and download 'Galaxy Note II User's Digest'. Its a tutorial on how to use the s pen.
    GOOGLE Talk name: matrix.underworld add me if you dare
    Thanked by 5:

Global Posts
    95 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by matrix2004 View Post
    Go into the Play store and download 'Galaxy Note II User's Digest'. Its a tutorial on how to use the s pen.
    Very useful app! That's what I love about this phone, I'm always saying "oh, cool, I didn't know you can do that"! Thanks for the tip.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

GMD spen control is great for creating custom gestures that can be triggered directly. Button savoir is alright, but i found myself using the gmd gestures to navigate.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk 2

i really like bamboo paper.
    Help me please, where do I find "bamboo paper?
    Just love my GN2

They just restored compatibility with note2 just downloaded it on mine

Quote Originally Posted by ishore99 View Post
    Help me please, where do I find "bamboo paper?
    Thanked by:

For the first six weeks I had the phone I hardly used the s pen. I find myself using it more and more each day now. I have folders set up for to do lists, bills to pay, shopping lists, etc. Still finding more uses for it.

Quote Originally Posted by CodyAB30 View Post
    For the first six weeks I had the phone I hardly used the s pen. I find myself using it more and more each day now. I have folders set up for to do lists, bills to pay, shopping lists, etc. Still finding more uses for it.
    Try this site..... great vids and you can watch them on your GN2.

Just love my GN2

Thanks for this. I just installed Bamboo Paper and it works fine for me. I don't know exactly what I'd be using this app for, but it seems pretty cool though.
    Is that a Samsung Note 2 in your pocket, or are you just glad to see me?

I played around with this Bamboo Paper app for a couple minutes, and came up with this, see attached.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SPen Uses?-bamboo-paper-picture.jpg  
    Is that a Samsung Note 2 in your pocket, or are you just glad to see me?
    karsdroid likes this.

Global Posts
    179 Global Posts

Scrolling through twitter and facebook during class is my vice lol. Makes class much more enjoyable.

But a better use is putting someone on speaker and writing down whatever you need to remember.