Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By volsfan0911
  • 1 Post By kilofoxtrot
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default car mount picture

Finally got around to switching out my proclip car mount for the Note 2. For those not familar, it's a modular system with one half mounting to the vehicle and the other specifically designed to hold the device. Since I already had the vehicle mount in my GTI, it was just a matter of taking off the iPhone 4 mount and installing the new one (4 screws, 1 cup of coffee). Sorry for the dust, really need to clean in the interior of my beloved ride. I love the Proclip because you can adjust the tension and looseness/tightness of the swivel point. And, at least for a Mk VI Golf/GTI/Jetta (2010+) it mounts up high so the phone is very easy to see. One thing I'll never do again - spend $1,600 on OEM nav when Google Maps does a better job and I already have it on a phone

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Default Re: car mount picture

Quote Originally Posted by volsfan0911 View Post
    Finally got around to switching out my proclip car mount for the Note 2. For those not familar, it's a modular system with one half mounting to the vehicle and the other specifically designed to hold the device. Since I already had the vehicle mount in my GTI, it was just a matter of taking off the iPhone 4 mount and installing the new one (4 screws, 1 cup of coffee). Sorry for the dust, really need to clean in the interior of my beloved ride. I love the Proclip because you can adjust the tension and looseness/tightness of the swivel point. And, at least for a Mk VI Golf/GTI/Jetta (2010+) it mounts up high so the phone is very easy to see. One thing I'll never do again - spend $1,600 on OEM nav when Google Maps does a better job and I already have it on a phone
    https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-I...December152012

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-6...215_104841.jpg

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-b...215_104349.jpg
    Very cool, ima looking and ima liking
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato

I was thinking about the proclip, no case in the mount ruins it for me though. I ended up getting the X-grip from Ram. Windshield mount isn't ideal, but it holds perfectly through hot and cold and mounts really easily with the x spring mechanism. I can also fit most of my Note 2 cases in the mount.

I did a review here if anyone hasn't seen the x grip

I am waiting for my ProClip as well. Mine has the built in charger unlike he previous poster that just has the holder. It is a new item. I should get it next week and will take some pictures. I have used my ProClip for my last 4 phones. I would highly recommend it.

Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

So will this clip work with the flip cover on the phone? I'd like to get something like this but hate to swap covers just to use it.

I bought the Samsung universal car mount and it works perfect with the Note II. It will even hold the phone with the Verizon kickstand case on. Here is a picture. The mount holds the phone very sturdy and you can also adjust this mounts swivel tension. No need to bolt anything.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails car mount picture-img_0184.jpg  

I am using the Mountek dock... I never use my CD player.

Thanked by:
    Zero Hunter likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by kilofox View Post

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61A7xR3hU-L.jpg
    That is what I have as the CD player is no longer being used. I like the mount but think the CD/swivel angle is not ideal but useable, even at its max angle.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Quote Originally Posted by bigguy_132 View Post
    So will this clip work with the flip cover on the phone? I'd like to get something like this but hate to swap covers just to use it.
    Sorry I didn't answer earlier. I don't think so - right now, it's advertised as "no case" and it's pretty tight sliding into the retention grooves. Anything that added thickness to the phone probably isn't going to work. Ram X might work better with the flip cover installed.

This is what I have too. Very ingenious idea since a lot of people don't really use CDs as much as before. It's pretty sturdy too.
    If X were here, he would have tried to talk things out first. Unfortunately for you, X isn't here.

I got a Note 2 specific clip in Mount on ebay for $8. Was skeptical ordering something cheap from China, but the phone fits perfectly and the Mount has open holes for the speaker and camera. Only problem is that the suction disc is larger than oem ones so it has to be placed PERFECTLY center on my mounting pad or it doesn't stick. Not a big deal. Just takes a few tries and it's good to go. My only gripe with this phone is having the charge port and headphone jack on opposite ends. When in the mount and using the phone for music and navi, cords hang down both sides of my head unit. Makes using the climate control a little bit of a hassle. Lol

sent from Galaxy Note 2
    Razr ics rooted

I use a tao tronics phone holder that suctions to the windshield. Purchased from Amazon. Definitely a no frills holder that gets the job done.

So where does one get a mount like the op has?

I saw one on amazon but it was a cd mount, not the one the op has pictured.

Which one is better anyway or is it just a matter of preference?

Most likely its a matter of preference, I like the suction cups similar to my tao tronics because I can remove it when I'm finished.

Global Posts
    40 Global Posts

I was thinking about getting this one. How do you like it?

Quote Originally Posted by Hector709 View Post
    I was thinking about getting this one. How do you like it?
    I also got that one due to this post and it works great as long as your display is below the cd player. If the cd player is above the display you can't see most of your display. It's a very sturdy mount that can be installed and taken down in less then 10 seconds.