1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Anybody using the flygrip or something similar on their note 2?

It really changed the experience using my note 2, I don't fear dropping it anymore. I used to baby the phone so much it was hard to enjoy it and I had one close call when the phone slipped out of my hand while I was talking and I tripped, I didn't fall down but my note 2 went flying. Luckily it fell on grass and just got a little dirty. Check this thing out, small investment to protect our 700 dollar phones!

If you haven't seen it before,

just to be clear, I don't work for them or anything, I'm just really impressed. This thing should have been built into the phone (if it was verizon would probably double brand it and then remove it though!!!)

Default Re: Anybody using the flygrip or something similar on their note 2?

I really want one but I'm holding off for the defender case. I've seen how durable the phone is save for chipping on the bezel I wish they would make a slimmer case that was hard. I miss my incase slider.

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Quote Originally Posted by secondandonly View Post
    It really changed the experience using my note 2, I don't fear dropping it anymore. I used to baby the phone so much it was hard to enjoy it and I had one close call when the phone slipped out of my hand while I was talking and I tripped, I didn't fall down but my note 2 went flying. Luckily it fell on grass and just got a little dirty. Check this thing out, small investment to protect our 700 dollar phones!

just to be clear, I don't work for them or anything, I'm just really impressed. This thing should have been built into the phone (if it was verizon would probably double brand it and then remove it though!!!)
    Yeah i posted about this a couple weeks ago, im using it and i love it. there is this other thing called the sling thing. but it doesnt give you the option of being a kick stand.
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato

I got a Flygrip on my Note 2.....it really is fantastic. The $30 price is a bit steep but I'd buy it again to be honest.

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Quote Originally Posted by Bowman53 View Post
    I got a Flygrip on my Note 2.....it really is fantastic. The $30 price is a bit steep but I'd buy it again to be honest.
    I got the case plus ive been able to use it on two phones so far. Worth the money in my opinion

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

Global Posts
    7 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by secondandonly View Post
    Wow, does that hosting site ever suck big time. Popups like crazy and tons of advertisements scattered through the photos. I hope they're paying you good money for using them so they can be so obnoxious with anyone viewing. Horrible hosting site aside, that's an interesting looking device for the phone. I presume it's meant for you to put two fingers through to securely hold and support the phone? If I go with the Note I'll have to look into it more.

I've fabricated the thing sling on to the back of my existing case and it works well. I don't have a kickstand but that's okay for me. Here's a thread I made with some pics:

I'm Liking the ThingSling on my Note 2!
    Sent from my Samung "Brick"
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

if you use adblock in your browser it fixes most of the garbage, no pop ups, no ads, etc.

I actually didn't even know all that crap was there because I use adblock, I took it off a while ago and I was appalled. I've been in contact with them and they say they are going to streamline the advertising soon. I haven't made any money, I just like to write about new products. I can't write code or develop for android so this is the only way I have to contribute to our community.

All the garbage of the hosting site aside. I really hope you guys enjoy the information and I have plenty more coming up. A lot of great product for the note 2 that I'm having a lot of fun testing out.

I am curious how the flygrip is in your pants pocket. I would assume you would want to flygrip facing out from your leg for comfort... but now the bump of the flygrip is noticeable on your pants (I am not just talking about skinny jeans) whereas a normal case does not.

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Quote Originally Posted by kilofox View Post
    I am curious how the flygrip is in your pants pocket. I would assume you would want to flygrip facing out from your leg for comfort... but now the bump of the flygrip is noticeable on your pants (I am not just talking about skinny jeans) whereas a normal case does not.
    It doesn't stick out significantly enough to be noticeable. Of course with skinny jeans its a different story

11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

I really expected constant snagging with it but I just didn't see that. I've used it for a couple weeks and it folds flat and curves in. I think they knew this would be people's first concern so they worked hard to engineer around this possible problem. No snag to report on my side. Make sure you use their sizing chart though to get the right fit for you.

I use it and I would never go back. It makes building this monster a breeze. I love it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

How's that flygrip not annoy the hell outta you?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Quote Originally Posted by AustinTech View Post

Why would it annoy

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

annoy in what way? It folds very flat when not in use and obviously it's a benefit when in use. Watch the video and you can see in the end it folded down and brought out for use.

it didn't look like it laid flat on the device at all, it looks like it juts out about 1/5 of an inch or so when folded up. And how do you lay it flat on a table to write on it or just set it down? And a case? cant happen

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Edit

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

it didn't look like it laid flat on the device at all, it looks like it juts out about 1/5 of an inch or so when folded up. And how do you lay it flat on a table to write on it or just set it down? And a case? cant happen