Results 1 to 9 of 9
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By MrSmith317
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default How can I get an FM radio on my Note II?

    I had an app on my thunderbolt that could play FM signals. I am looking for something similar for my Note II. What can I get? I am not looking for streaming radio stations. I want, I guess it would be, an FM tuner.

    My ultimate goal is to listen to Met games on my phone while I am at the games (Always wanted to try that, but never wanted to bring a walkman to listen). Of course games are not streamed on line, so it has to be over the radio waves. And with the WFAN finally on FM radio, I can do this... If I can get an FM radio app.
  2. #2  
    DroidXcon's Avatar

    Posts
    11,645 Posts
    Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

    Default Re: How can I get an FM radio on my Note II?

    Quote Originally Posted by enfuego360 View Post
    I had an app on my thunderbolt that could play FM signals. I am looking for something similar for my Note II. What can I get? I am not looking for streaming radio stations. I want, I guess it would be, an FM tuner.

    My ultimate goal is to listen to Met games on my phone while I am at the games (Always wanted to try that, but never wanted to bring a walkman to listen). Of course games are not streamed on line, so it has to be over the radio waves. And with the WFAN finally on FM radio, I can do this... If I can get an FM radio app.
    Thunderbolt had an fm tuner radio built in. The note 2 does not. So best you can do is a streaming app

    From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato
  3. #3  

    Default Re: How can I get an FM radio on my Note II?

    Tune in radio app has everything. Am/fm
  4. #4  

    Default Re: How can I get an FM radio on my Note II?

    You could just get a small FM radio, the Sony-Ericsson MW600 Bluetooth headset has a FM radio built in, it gets good radio reception, certainly better than the ones built in to phones that I've tried, although it can't store station presets, but it's easy to tune and remembers the last station you used. It also works well as a Bluetooth headset allowing you to select different devices for Bluetooth audio and Bluetooth headset if you want, and stores up to three devices. Unfortunately it seems the option of adding a FM radio to a Bluetooth headset is ignored by other manufacturers, so there isn't much choice if you do want something that does Bluetooth and FM.
    Thanked by:
  5. #5  

    Default Re: How can I get an FM radio on my Note II?

    Samsung's general User Manual (Rev0) for the GNote2 says the tuner is built in. VZW has disabled it. Thunderbolt tuner was nice!
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

    Default Re: How can I get an FM radio on my Note II?

    thanks for the responses. its not a big deal if i can hear the radio feed or not, but i'll see what i will do. thanks again.
  7. #7  
    DroidXcon's Avatar

    Posts
    11,645 Posts
    Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

    Default Re: How can I get an FM radio on my Note II?

    Quote Originally Posted by pcbtmr View Post
    Samsung's general User Manual (Rev0) for the GNote2 says the tuner is built in. VZW has disabled it. Thunderbolt tuner was nice!
    If this is the case perhaps one of the devs can get it working

    From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato
  8. #8  

    Default Re: How can I get an FM radio on my Note II?


    This may be the non-VZW UM. Pg 89 for FM tuner info.
  9. #9  
    MrSmith317's Avatar
    Mr Fix-It

    Posts
    2,214 Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted

    Default Re: How can I get an FM radio on my Note II?

    Quote Originally Posted by DroidXcon View Post
    If this is the case perhaps one of the devs can get it working

    From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk
    I remember thinking the same thing with the Rezound. Never happened. I don't know why Verizon likes disabling hardware/software so much. It's not like I paid $700 for this thing...oh wait, yes I did.
    “Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long.
    We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things,
    because we're curious...and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.”

    -Walt Disney
    Harlemknight likes this.

Similar Threads

  1. AHHHH! I can NOT get a custom ROM on my phone!!!
    By markyoung04 in forum Motorola X Rooting, ROMs, and Hacks
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-28-2011, 10:32 PM
  2. can't get rhapsody to work on my galaxy
    By april_one in forum General Help and How To
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-12-2011, 01:39 PM
  3. How can i get the stock camcorder on my rooted evo?
    By starr0620 in forum HTC EVO 4G Rooting, ROMs, and Hacks
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-30-2011, 09:54 AM
  4. How do I get videochat to work on my HTC EVO 4G ?
    By Shotty in forum General News & Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-16-2010, 05:40 PM
  5. Can't get rid of Espanol on my keyboard
    By Lightninrod in forum Motorola Droid X
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-30-2010, 03:49 PM

Posting Permissions

B