Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By RLLangley
  • 1 Post By secondandonly
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Wireless Charging Back?

I see there are options to buy backs that have already been modded for wireless charging. They claim they work with all carriers but am interested if that is true for the Verizon Note 2? Anyone know if we can use them?

Default Re: Wireless Charging Back?

Verizon is a monster, they go out of their way to disable already developed products. They removed splanner widget, installed wifi nag, disabled blocking mode, all the branding garbage, and of course they had a middle housing installed that blocks access to the wireless charging contacts that are still there and fully functional.

They essentially plugged two holes with plastic so even if an official wireless charging back existed, which it doesn't for some reason, you couldn't use it. There are some mods out there but they involve soldering to work and you have to cut holes in the plastic middle housing. Go to a Tmobile or ATT store and ask them to take the back cover off the phone and you will see what the open contacts should look like
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Yeah I just went and found some youtube video's where they were doing the mods to get it to work. Crazy why Verizon would cripple the Note 2.

Bump on this. I've modded my phone so I can access those contacts. Now just need a back so I can enjoy my works charging

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

it really is just so odd that they don't release the charging back to the samsung phones? Ridiculous, I just wish I new a reason to deny the public a built in feature?

ROM
    Thundershed v1.6

Anyone have a picture of where these contacts should be? I feel like my phone has them there just next to the sim card slot.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    Mr Fix-It

ROM
    Stock Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by secondandonly View Post
    it really is just so odd that they don't release the charging back to the samsung phones? Ridiculous, I just wish I new a reason to deny the public a built in feature?
    Verizon has a long standing history of crippling phones. They even used to do it to dumb phones...and that's hard to do lol.
    “Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long.
    We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things,
    because we're curious...and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.”

-Walt Disney

Yet people keep using Verizon even though they purposely screw up a phone and make you wait to get usr screwed up phone

sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) on the worst network- the Galaxy S3 unfortunately on T-Mobile
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Quote Originally Posted by The Hustleman View Post
    Yet people keep using Verizon even though they purposely screw up a phone and make you wait to get usr screwed up phone

sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) on the worst network- the Galaxy S3 unfortunately on T-Mobile
    It comes down to service. I would rather deal with a crippled phone that has service than a phone with all the features but no service.
    Thanked by:
    Markster1 likes this.

I think Verizon took out the wireless charging in the Note 2 so they would have a selling point for the DNA.

I heard someone from the forums went to a Verizon store and asked if the Note 2 had wireless charging. The rep so no but the DNA does. It really is a shame how Verizon treats it's top of the line phones and their customers. With that I bought my Note 2 off contract and when my plan expires next December I'll probably be going somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by tjlandberg View Post
    I think Verizon took out the wireless charging in the Note 2 so they would have a selling point for the DNA.

I heard someone from the forums went to a Verizon store and asked if the Note 2 had wireless charging. The rep so no but the DNA does. It really is a shame how Verizon treats it's top of the line phones and their customers. With that I bought my Note 2 off contract and when my plan expires next December I'll probably be going somewhere else.

Haha, you're quoting me I think. That really did happen

The wireless charging contact cutout should be on the edge on the top right hand side of the battery while it's facing you.
    JediJesus95 likes this.