Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree32Likes

Default Re: Thinking seriously about returning my Note 2

Quote Originally Posted by Casey415 View Post
    My previous phone was the Razr Maxx. My impression of my Note 2 is that the radio is just as good as the Razr Maxx for phone calls and web surfing. However, I will say for Google GPS Navigation, the Razr Maxx was more sensitive and was able to look onto a signal even while I'm inside the house at home. My Note 2 can't seem to do that. May be a moot point since I'm not driving while inside at home, but just pointing out my observation from my experience with both phones

Casey
    My daughter still has the RAZR Maxx and when we drive 90 miles to town the Maxx switches between 4g and 3g where our N2's stay on 4G.

after having the Nexus since launch day, i would CONSTANTLY drop data. i waited for updates and was finally so frustrated, i complained to VZW who allowed me to swap it for an S3 or a Maxx. I chose the Maxx for battery life only. i didnt have one complaint with it. everything about it was rock-solid, all of the time. however, the allure of the Note2 was just too much and i went and bought one at full retail without even having handled one.

i thought i loved my OG Droid... i thought i loved my DroidX. I thought i loved my Nexus and Maxx. they were all puppy love compared to the Note2 lol

i offset the price greatly by selling my N7 (which i never picked up after buying the N2), Maxx and Lapdock100 for a combined amount of ~$485. so, i was ultimately able to keep unlimited data and still pay the "subsidized" price.

whomever has doubts.... get it. you wont be disappointed.

Global Posts
    454 Global Posts
    ROM
    Vicious ROM

I used to hate swype before the note 2.i use it with the stylus and now live it. The gs3 would be your next best bet if you the note 2 isn't for you

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    Android4life

Quote Originally Posted by rkeenan View Post
    I used to hate swype before the note 2.i use it with the stylus and now live it. The gs3 would be your next best bet if you the note 2 isn't for you

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    You should try Swiftkey's beta version of Swype. OMG is is awesome. Always used swiftkey over swype, and decided to give swiftkey's version a try. So awesome.
    Android Connoisseur

Global Posts
    912 Global Posts

How long did it take you guys to get used to the size? I'm on day one and its post overwhelming part great. I'm coming from an optimus g and a 920.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

It is different for everyone, it took me two weeks. I actually returned it once because I wasn't getting used to the size. But I missed it a lot and bought it back and now I love it.

From my Galaxy Note 2

Quote Originally Posted by robstunner View Post
    How long did it take you guys to get used to the size? I'm on day one and its post overwhelming part great. I'm coming from an optimus g and a 920.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
    I'm a woman with small hands. I picked mine up 2 weeks ago tomorrow. I was comfortable with the size by the end of my second day.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums
    Android Connoisseur

Global Posts
    912 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AustinTech View Post
    It is different for everyone, it took me two weeks. I actually returned it once because I wasn't getting used to the size. But I missed it a lot and bought it back and now I love it.

From my Galaxy Note 2
    Quote Originally Posted by rabernet View Post
    I'm a woman with small hands. I picked mine up 2 weeks ago tomorrow. I was comfortable with the size by the end of my second day.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums
    Thanks! Im coming from a Nexus 4 / Optimus G and its a little hard getting used to it. (today is start of day 2)

My friend got one before me and at the time I had the S3...when he showed me his phone the first time...i was blown away by the size and how big it was...I got mine 4 wks later and when i got it....i actually expected it to be bigger...I was use to the size by hr 2 of having it n my hands....
    T.E.A.R.S.

Global Posts
    56 Global Posts

This was me too the first couple of weeks! Mine did actually crash on the concrete through no fault of my own (someone knocked off table) and I had to get a replacement. Part of the problem was the flip case. Bad bad idea. I now have a Mercury case and it has more grip and protection. Plus, the flip gets in the way when you're trying to use it one-handed.

Coming from a Samsung Fascinate, I had no problem adjusting to the larger size. In fact, that is why I love this phone! I feel like I can actually do most anything on it that I could on a tablet, yet I have it with me at all times. I'm a girl with smallish hands and don't have trouble using one hand. I take advantage of S-Voice and Google Now when in the car. After briefly having to use a friend's iPhone 4 to look up something, I now know that there is no way I could go back to such a tiny screen.

The other thing I love is the battery life. My Fascinate needed to be charged twice per day. I don't even THINK about my Note needing to charge. It has been lasting me about 1.5 days with average use. Wonderful.

ROM
    Stock

Didn't bother me how big it was when I saw it on the web, videos and pics. It wasn't that bad when I got to see it in person. I just LOL'd on my Nexus when I compared it side by side. I got used to the size of it right away. Quad-core, 2GBs of RAM, big beautiful screen, AWESOME battery life, I don't see what's NOT to like about my Note 2, compared to my Nexus and Thunderbolt. (Well, maybe, if they released it sooner before I bought those 2 pieces of crap would've been nice.)
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123