Thinking seriously about returning my Note 2

AustinTech

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
You guys with the N2 as your daily driver, you don't find yourself admiring the "compact" size of the GS3?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Nightscape

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Not really because I would have just gotten the s3 in the first place then. It's all up to the individual. Some people adapt fine to the size and enjoy the bigger screen and some will find the size too cumbersome. Nothing wrong with that. Go with whatever you feel more comfortable with.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
You guys with the N2 as your daily driver, you don't find yourself admiring the "compact" size of the GS3?

Lol No!!! I think the general consensus would be the opposite. I'm sure there is a handful of people may feel that way but but for the most part people would agree with me that all other phones seem like toys now.

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

anon(522296)

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
The galaxy s3 is still the best PHONE out there if the phablet isn't for you return it its that simple its your money

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Yup S3 is the best PHONE and Note 2 is the best specialty product. These are the two top smartphones on the market PERIOD. Samsung is kicking ass!

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm kinda like a fish out of water - I keep flopping back and forth.

Got the S3 when it launched. Very happy with it although I did trade the 16gb version in for the 32gb version.

Got the Note 2. Happy with it, but good gawd this thing is huge. Returned it (paid full donkey for it) and back to the S3. Since I paid full donkey for the GN2, I opted to get a new S3 (as I had given my "old" S3 to my wife) for me.

Using the S3 and now wish I had the Note 2.

Moral of my stupidity? Good thing Verizon has extended return times. I'm gonna return the S3 and get the Note 2 - again.

And keep it.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I'm kinda like a fish out of water - I keep flopping back and forth.

Got the S3 when it launched. Very happy with it although I did trade the 16gb version in for the 32gb version.

Got the Note 2. Happy with it, but good gawd this thing is huge. Returned it (paid full donkey for it) and back to the S3. Since I paid full donkey for the GN2, I opted to get a new S3 (as I had given my "old" S3 to my wife) for me.

Using the S3 and now wish I had the Note 2.

Moral of my stupidity? Good thing Verizon has extended return times. I'm gonna return the S3 and get the Note 2 - again.

And keep it.

See. Once you go note 2 you can't go back. I think that's how that saying goes.

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

AustinTech

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
DroidXcon, you're cracking me up.

Like ibcop, I too have returners remorse. I am just trying to remember the down side of the Note 2 so I can move on. I can't believe I am talking about a phone.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
DroidXcon, you're cracking me up.

Like ibcop, I too have returners remorse. I am just trying to remember the down side of the Note 2 so I can move on. I can't believe I am talking about a phone.

Yeah, I feel ya. But I'm gonna get it again.

Rolfsted

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
Or......if you feel generous let a developer have it. I know several are really wanting one to use for developing their ROMs.

Your sacrifice would help the cause.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

hossman12

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Haha, thats funny switching back and forth and all.

I feel like my S3 is the perfect size for me. Thing is so dam light i barely ever notice it's in my pocket so I gotta keep it in my jacket! I find it's just too easy to use one handed though. One handed operation is the only thing keeping me from going NoteII. If I had slightly bigger hands I'd go T-Mobile in a heartbeat to grab it. One of my good friends has it who also came from an S3 and she tells me that same thing all the time.. it was the best phone she ever owned and if she ever had to dutch the Note only the S3 would do:thumbup:

Sent from my MetroPCS GS3

Zs2art

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I have to say there is no question this is a niche device. Not every user will be able to cope with the size. If however u can get past the size, I would challenge anyone to come up with any other legitimate qualm with this device. I have ALWAYS been a belt clip guy but after changing my habits and pocketing my phone for a bit I can assure u I can't go back. Love this phone but I can truly understand that it is not for everyone. If you don't get it and love it in a short period I would struggle to believe that you will grow to love it. I think it's really a love/hate(or don't love) at first use thing.

Nibs

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I was worried the first week...kept fumbling and having near heart attack incidents where I thought I was gonna drop it. Now I can't even let go of the thing. It's not big anymore. Not at all. It's "normal". I just sold my iPhone 4 (miraculously for an amazingly-high asking price lol) and while I was resetting it and packaging it, I was thinking how on earth did I live with that? Going through the menus one last time and looking at some random notifications that popped up made me cringe. The screen is tiny and unusable.

Basically you will get used to it.
On a side note though I saw a friend the other day with an LG Vue or whatever it's called. Now that thing is awkward and misshapen.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I am a small woman. I can't wait till march to have this device. If it wasn't around I would have the S3. But I want all the bells and whistles and the Note2 fits it. I don't use a clip. My handbag or in my hands. March 28th I will have it!!!

sent from either my HTC Rezound or my Samsung Galaxy 10.1 tablet

Vondutch67

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
I was worried the first week...kept fumbling and having near heart attack incidents where I thought I was gonna drop it.

^ This.

I'm on day 3 and I'm identifying SO much with the statement above, it's not even funny. I'm heartened to hear that you got used to it, that gives me hope :)

When I picked this up I thought to myself: If this proves too difficult to manage I'll get another S3 or take a closer look at the DNA. Looking back on this year, I have to say, this is a great time to be on Verizon as we have a couple very good options to choose from.

AustinTech

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Well, I took my GS3 back and picked up the Note 2 again. I've gone back and forth between the two and have happily decided that the Note 2 is more than worth the extra bulk. Woot woot!

Glad I finally stopped being a b*tch about the size and can now enjoy this beast.

I know, thats what she said. Lol.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

kashabrown

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
I have large hands - I was thinking about returning it for the DNA - glad I waited - the phone is amazing. I am now used to it - there are a few times where I cannot do things one handed, but the trade-off for the amazing screen, fast processor, excellent software is not even close. This being my first "galaxy"phone, one thing I do NOT like is the home button - again a small thing to get used to which I already am...

volsfan0911

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I was worried that I wouldn't be able to deal with the size and return it during the first two weeks. No chance in hell of that happening - love this thing. :cool: Thought the S3 screen was too dim in the Verizon store so I would have gone with the DNA which I'm soooooooooo glad I didn't. 64 GB SD card and new VW MDI micro USB cable means I can carry my whole music collection (including the high bit rate FLAC stuff) and play it in my car which I couldn't do with the iPod (Apple really pisses me off sometimes). Of course, the phone is so huge, it won't fit completely in the console with the cover closed either! :p

[/rant]

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I am a small woman. I can't wait till march to have this device. If it wasn't around I would have the S3. But I want all the bells and whistles and the Note2 fits it. I don't use a clip. My handbag or in my hands. March 28th I will have it!!!

sent from either my HTC Rezound or my Samsung Galaxy 10.1 tablet
I'm also a very petite woman looking into the N2 & possibly getting it after the new year myself. I spent 45 mins in a Verizon store last week checking it out and after using it for 10 mins it started to become natural on using it. Funny how we can adjust to new things quickly sometimes:) I currently have a 4S and my eyes are not so great anymore so a larger screen will be very nice to have. After leaving the store I had to take a message on my 4S, and I was like oh damn, my screen is small {{embarrassed faced}} I enjoy using my 4S/iOS but like I said, I could really use a larger screen & so far reading around here from quite a few that have moved from either the 4S, 5 or one droid to this, have been very happy with the switch so I'm glad to see alot of positive reaction to this device!

Might I add also, my uncle got his N2 2 Saturdays ago and he's really enjoying it too (tmobile for him) I can say that when I see him on Christmas Eve you can bet your @$$ I'm jacking his phone from him to check it out further :D lol

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz