1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default looking for input on a possible defect

I have had my Note 2 since launch day and it has been great. I started playing Words With Friends for the first time and I noticed that sometimes the center of the tile area at the bottom seems sluggish. I will try 5 or six times to move a tile on to the board and it wont move. Other times it is fine and I have not noticed any issues in other programs.
    I am asking if anyone has run in to this before. Is it an issue with the game? It is easy for me to swap my phone out as I work for a VZW retailer, but don't want to go through that if it is just a problem with the software. Thanks

Default Re: looking for input on a possible defect

If it only happens in one program... it's the program. Send the company an email. Uninstall and reinstall the program too, might help?
    Thanked by:

I have noticed dead spots with the L on my keyboard and lower center in other apps as well. Intermitant but bothersome. Have not noticed this with my son's or wife's N2 with the same apps. If I were to guess it's an issue with my phone's touch input and not the app.

This sounds a lot like the touch issues I was having on my Thunderbolt. It was most noticeable with the keyboard in portrait and in some games in landscape. There were spots on the screen where if I touched it the response would be extremely whacky.

I strongly advise you guys experiencing issues, search the play store for the following app:

You can clearly see any hardware issues that is going on with your screen. If there is any screwy behavior it's almost guaranteed to be a hardware related defect and you most definitely need to exchange it.
    Samsung Galaxy Note 2 on Verizon
    Cyanogen Mod 10.1 Nightlies