Does the siedio case magnet really cause issues?

bvitale

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
So looking at the siedio active case. But a few reviews say the magnet causes screen issues. Sounds totally bogus if you all me. But I'm sure some of you have them and can give me your input. Thanks in advance.

Brandon

elvis1935

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I have had mine since day one and have had no problems with the case. Also I love the case the kickstand is my favorite part of the case.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
I haven't had any problems with the magnet. Can you specify what types of effects the magnet is having that these people believe it's causing problems?

But I will say this, my case smells like it took a bath in the wrong chemical pot rofl it STINKS. I can very minimally notice the chem smell on my brother's and wife's ACTIVE cases, but mine in particular is pretty bad. Like a tire dipped in a chemical waste vat lol it's that bad.

bvitale

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Something about screen sensitivity or opening up apps. I'm thinking they were not aware of the Hooer mode or something like that. The review that I remember the most was on best buys web site.

mrdinks

Aug 3, 2011
Visit site
I have been using my note with the Seidio case for several days with no problems.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

bvitale

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Like I said. It really did seem like dumb comments. Just wanted to make sure before I spend the $50 for it with the holster.

snsjets

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
I have the blue Seidio Active case on my white Note II and it looks and fits great. Can't say I'm a huge fan of the kickstand, and as far as I know I've had zero issues from the magnet. My new case has a funky smell similar to what DaRkL3AD3R is describing. Hopefully the smell doesn't last long. I also had an Active case for my Thunderbolt and it lasted very well.

fwhomeboy

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
I have the blue Seidio Active case on my white Note II and it looks and fits great. Can't say I'm a huge fan of the kickstand, and as far as I know I've had zero issues from the magnet. My new case has a funky smell similar to what DaRkL3AD3R is describing. Hopefully the smell doesn't last long. I also had an Active case for my Thunderbolt and it lasted very well.

So, the Thunderbolt Kickstand is better than the Active case stand ??? I was getting ready to order one.

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
So, the Thunderbolt Kickstand is better than the Active case stand ??? I was getting ready to order one.

The Thunderbolt built in kickstand is of course going to be better. It's hardmounted right into the body of the device.

The Seidio ACTIVE kickstand for the Thunderbolt was much worse than the one that's on our Note 2's ACTIVE case. This one at least fools me at being metal, in fact it might be aluminum which is better than the TBolt ACTIVE case which was flat plastic.

And glad to hear I'm not the only one whose case has a funky smell lol

secondandonly

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
I contacted wacom who makes the tech that powers the s pen. They told me that long term exposure to magnets shouldn't affect anything. obviously though, direct exposure to a magnet will cause a temporary "dead spot" on the screen. Where is the magnet located in the case?

fwhomeboy

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
The Thunderbolt built in kickstand is of course going to be better. It's hardmounted right into the body of the device.

The Seidio ACTIVE kickstand for the Thunderbolt was much worse than the one that's on our Note 2's ACTIVE case. This one at least fools me at being metal, in fact it might be aluminum which is better than the TBolt ACTIVE case which was flat plastic.

And glad to hear I'm not the only one whose case has a funky smell lol

Whats the difference between the Active and the Surface cases ?

Hail6

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Well, I'm gonna buy the surface case!! Hope it's worth it... always have bought otter box but with this phone I feel it will be very bulky... getting my Note Friday!!!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

jdw71

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I have the surface case and I heard about the s pen not working right with the case and I can confirm that at least on mine if I am using the S pen where the magnet is located on the back of the case it does not work right. I will be writing on Snote and in the bottom corner it will not write where the magnet is.

alvarez13

Oct 14, 2012
Visit site
I really like seidio, but had to return the surface due to the magnet issue.

Is there anyone at all who experienced this with the active case? I'm wondering if that extra layer may prevent it from happening on this case. All the complaints seem to be around people with the surface one.