1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default If I delete email on phone, it won't delete on actual account. Help please...

Hi all,

I have an AOL account set up on my Note and I can delete emails that come in. But when I go online from my PC to the same email account, all the emails are still there (they never got deleted).

Does anyone know of a setting I'm missing?

I went into settings on my phone and couldn't find anything appropriate. I think when I used to have K9 mail on my old phone, it had a setting to delete the actual emails when I deleted them from my phone.

Thanks all...

Default Re: If I delete email on phone, it won't delete on actual account. Help please...

Quote Originally Posted by jodyberry View Post
    Hi all,

I have an AOL account set up on my Note and I can delete emails that come in. But when I go online from my PC to the same email account, all the emails are still there (they never got deleted).

Does anyone know of a setting I'm missing?

I went into settings on my phone and couldn't find anything appropriate. I think when I used to have K9 mail on my old phone, it had a setting to delete the actual emails when I deleted them from my phone.

Thanks all...
    I don't think it is a setting on the phone, might have to go into your settings on your actually email service. I have the same issue with my Optimum email which is basically all spam and I have to go into my settings on the webmail client to allow the device to delete mail even though I delete it on my phone.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: If I delete email on phone, it won't delete on actual account. Help please...

I know K9 can do it. Here's a reply in a forum regarding that:

If you want to leave all emails on the server but when you delete an email
    on the phone have it also deleted on the server, set the option "Account
    settings -> Fetching Mail -> When I delete a message ->" to "Delete from
    server".

But I wish the Jellybean mail app had a similar setting.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    ROM
    None, thanks to the man.

I had a similar problem with yahoo email. For me, I uninstalled, and manually added the email account (not using the Yahoo button), and not it works/syncs properly.
    Thanked by:

If u have a few dollars download AquaMail from play store. All the accounts I have set up have an option to delete from server also. I don't have an aol account but download the free version first, set up your AOL account and see if it works. Ur limited to 2 accounts on the free version but the pro version has unlimited number of accounts that can be set up. Someone on here recommended AquaMail to me and once I tried it, I never went back to anything else. Good luck

My GS3 sleeps in the bed and I make my girlfriend sleep on the couch
    Thanked by: