Couple of questions before I buy the Note 2

btgarris

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I have been doing a lot of reading about the GN2 and played around a little with one at the local verizon store. I currently have an HTC Thunderbolt which has been great but the battery just sucks (as we all know) and I have an upgrade available. I just have a couple of questions for everyone before I pull the trigger...

1. Is there an easy solution to the whole resizing of text on webpages when zooming in?
  2. Has the stock samsung keyboard been updated to do auto-correct?
  3. I have always carried my phone on my hip. How much of a pain is carrying the Note 2 on your belt/hip and what case do you prefer to do so?

Thanks in advance!

Vondutch67

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
  1. Is there an easy solution to the whole resizing of text on webpages when zooming in?
  3. I have always carried my phone on my hip. How much of a pain is carrying the Note 2 on your belt/hip and what case do you prefer to do so?

I just picked up my GN2 the other day so, admittedly, I still have much to learn, however, I can say this:

To question #2: my keyboard does not auto-correct although there may be a setting for this that I'm just simply not aware of yet. FWIW, I've been completely unaffected by the lack of auto-correct, so much so in fact, that I realized I wasn't aware of its absence until I read your post, LoL :D

To question #3: I, too, prefer to wear my phones on my belt. I ordered this case (Smartphone Experts Side Pouch for Samsung Galaxy Note 2, Galaxy Note - Android Side Cases - ShopAndroid) and it will be arriving tomorrow. I'll gladly share my impressions with you once I've gotten it.

I hope this helps a little bit.

mrxblue

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
I have been doing a lot of reading about the GN2 and played around a little with one at the local verizon store. I currently have an HTC Thunderbolt which has been great but the battery just sucks (as we all know) and I have an upgrade available. I just have a couple of questions for everyone before I pull the trigger...

Thanks in advance!

On point#1, most of the browsers (stock chrome, quick ics browser) just need a double tab to size it to the width of the screen. For example, if you're reading a news site and want to zoom into an article, double tab and it will zoom to the width. Then you can find tune it with two fingers expanding or decreasing.

Sent from Samsung galaxy note 2 (Verizon), titanium color

blitz118

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Question 1. Opera Mobile browser will resize\reflow the text when you pinch zoom in. I don't know why they took away that feature on the stock browser, but it works in Opera Mobile.

Question 2. SwiftKey keyboard has very good correct word suggestion feature, and is the only keyboard, I will use.

Question 3. I ordered a belt clip holster from eBay, but I have not received it yet, so I can't say if I like it or not.

btgarris

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Thanks everyone for the replies. I have read that about double tapping and opera mobile. It just seems odd to me that this function has been taken away in the stock browser. On my thunderbolt for example I can pinch zoom in as far as I want and it will always resize the text. I guess its not such a big deal on the large screen that the Note 2 has but its the principle that's annoying. For those of you using swiftkey, does it allow the "one handed" operation like the stock keyboard and can you still input text using the s pen the same way the stock keyboard allows?

Vondutch67

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
As promised, I have some feedback on the belt holster that I linked to above. It arrived yesterday and went on immediately. The construction is very nice, the fit of the GN2 in it is very nice as well, no wiggle-room but not overly snug either. The holster itself is the largest I've ever worn and that is taking a little getting used to however, it's not impacting me negatively it's just...different from what I'm used to. One thing I've noticed: getting that beast of a phone out of the holster and into my hand is tricky. The sheer size of the phone is the culprit though, not the case. I'm, clearly, still getting familiar with the phone so I'm hopeful that the in-and-out transition of the device will become second nature before too long.