Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Default Re: [How to] edit apps for use with multi window.

Sorry I'm using a galaxy S3 (not rooted), maybe its different.

Quote Originally Posted by pool_shark View Post
    Check your edits to the xml, it worked for me.
    If they were wrong would they say successful or be without errors? For each like say the first xml edit (category.launcher I believe it is), do you click right next to the < then paste or is there one space in between the > or several spaces? Or do you click the enter/return button to make sure there's a paragraph amount of space between them. Same with the /application one.

Unless the app has been updated to accomodate multi view or you're rooted and have the mwc tool, no it doesn't.
    Right I meant people have already posted Chrome as being one that can work with Multiview. mwctool?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #53  

Quote Originally Posted by dominick_7 View Post
    If they were wrong would they say successful or be without errors? For each like say the first xml edit (category.launcher I believe it is), do you click right next to the < then paste or is there one space in between the > or several spaces? Or do you click the enter/return button to make sure there's a paragraph amount of space between them. Same with the /application one.

Right I meant people have already posted Chrome as being one that can work with Multiview. mwctool?
    The instructions say after the line for the first edit and before the line in the last one.
    I go to the line and hit enter.

Mwc is the multi window control tool. You flash the file for the bar then install the mwc tool. It allows you to add any file to multi view.

The instructions say after the line for the first edit and before the line in the last one.
    I go to the line and hit enter.
    Hmm ok so a paragraph then between the two. I'll try that.

Mwc is the multi window control tool. You flash the file for the bar then install the mwc tool. It allows you to add any file to multi view.
    That's the Script window that closed out on me, which forced me to just use the manual CMD method? Or is that related to rooting/flashing?
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #55  

Hmm ok so a paragraph then between the two. I'll try that.

That's the Script window that closed out on me, which forced me to just use the manual CMD method? Or is that related to rooting/flashing?
    You don't need space, just put the 1st edit under the line and the second above the line.

Mwc is an app that works with a file that has to he flashed.

That's what I've done and it's not helped:/
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #57  

That's what I've done and it's not helped:/
    Did you check your PM box?

Thank you. Appreciate it. It'd be nice though to get it working for myself so I don't have to rely on other people for them.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #59  

I only provided it for you so you could decompile it to see if your modification is correct.

Oh ok thank you. Which path is the right one to use, the one in listed in CLASSPATH or by just going to the Java bin folder as I have been?
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #61  

Oh ok thank you. Which path is the right one to use, the one in listed in CLASSPATH or by just going to the Java bin folder as I have been?
    The one from your installed Java is the classpath, though the script provides its own.

I tried using the one from the classpath and it didn't work at all. I entered the one from the C: drive 86x program files folder for Java and it SAID it worked.. but obviously didn't. Don't know which path to enter or where to get it from. Maybe that's what's wrong and why the script closed out which forced me to do the manual method?

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Quote Originally Posted by DroidXcon View Post
    go to start on your computer>right click on "computer" and select Properties>Advanced system settings>Advanced tab>Under "System variables" highlight CLASSPATH>click Edit button>Variable name should be similar to this .;C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\lib\ext\QTJava.zip
    Quote Originally Posted by rlt9999 View Post
    Thanks for the help guys, I had read the manual that was included in the APK Multi-Tool and was already editing my system path.When all else fails, RTFB. I haven't had to edit a path since MSDOS 3.3 and that's a long time ago! Just for reference for mine I had to add C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre7\bin

BTW, I use Norton Internet Security and it's never had a problem with java but I've used others that did.
    I tried using the one from the classpath and it didn't work at all. I entered the one from the C: drive 86x program files folder for Java and it SAID it worked.. but obviously didn't. Don't know which path to enter or where to get it from. Maybe that's what's wrong and why the script closed out which forced me to do the manual method?
    Follow the above posts I quoted

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato

I did the second one, decomplied added the script, edited the xml file then recomplied, it said it worked but it won't show up in the Multiview pane:/

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

I did the second one, decomplied added the script, edited the xml file then recomplied, it said it worked but it won't show up in the Multiview pane:/
    So I have seen in a couple places that some apps don't work in multiwindow because they are not set up to use at a the MW DPI (dots per inch). Apps that do work have code to work at a wider range of dpi. I have not found a way to change dpi without root but ill see if I can find a way.

If I do find a way I will post it. (But please only make the modification on AOSP apps since they are open source for the world to modify)

If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato

Seems there is still a lot of people having issues getting this working. So I put together a YouTube video of install and run through

I left out pulling the app and installing it, but here you go...
    How to edit Android APK files to on Multi View on the Galaxy Note 2 - YouTube

Hey,
    Great!! thanks for sharing.
    however, I can do this to my 8track.apk by these steps :

put the apk in the folder (place apk for modding)
    run the script.
    choose decompile
    then after running the script and decompile it, I got the apktool folder inside C:\User\myname\apktool
    replace it with your 1.apk (why cant I replace this first then decompile the 8track apk? it showed error when I replace it before decompiling)
    I recompile it after replacing it.
    and sign it.
    works perfect with the 8track.apk

however, I can't decompile Musicxmatch.apk.
    I tried doing the samething ( I didnt replace the 1.apk before decompiling)
    and still errror
    I tried doing your way (replace the 1.apk then start the script and decompiling it)
    and still error to decompile.
    help?

I don't know if this has been brought up in other threads, but is it possible to do this to Pandora?
    Another thing, I've tried to do this to an app called Power Amp Full Version, but it didn't work.
    I've successfully gotten SketchBookX to work. I'm really happy about this because now I can look at pictures for references when I draw, which is what I was really looking forward to when multi window came out. Thanks a bunch for the tutorials!

Quote Originally Posted by DroidXcon View Post
    So I have seen in a couple places that some apps don't work in multiwindow because they are not set up to use at a the MW DPI (dots per inch). Apps that do work have code to work at a wider range of dpi. I have not found a way to change dpi without root but ill see if I can find a way.

If I do find a way I will post it. (But please only make the modification on AOSP apps since they are open source for the world to modify)

Cool look forward to seeing a guide. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by james27007 View Post
    Seems there is still a lot of people having issues getting this working. So I put together a YouTube video of install and run through

I left out pulling the app and installing it, but here you go...
    How to edit Android APK files to on Multi View on the Galaxy Note 2 - YouTube
    Dood this is awesome! I missed the part about adding the new Path above besides adding it below. Also didn't get the right options in the Script. Had to return my Note 2 because both were defective, think the thanks goes to UPS as Best Buy uses them. Almost never had anything survive their drop kicking, but I have done this process you describe step by step to all the apks I have and can't wait to try them on the Note 2 I reorder as soon as possible! Looks like this will finally allow me to get these apps working in Multiview. Thank you for everyone else who's helped with this but a very big thank you for the video, makes it very clear via the directions and being able to see the steps with your narration.

I'm having trouble manually signing the apk file all the files seemed to be compiled properly but can't get it signed. Also my apk file has spaces in the name so not sure how to handle:
    java -jar SignApk.jar -w testkey.x509.pem testkey.pk8 "mms.apk" signed.mms.apk

If script closes immediately after option 9, i think its because there are spaces in the apk file name. Remove spaces and try again...managed to fix it that way...Let me know if it works.
    Thanked by 2:

Manachinu is right. I had to try the manual install first, and got all the way through only to find out that the program still wouldn't do the multi-window. Probably an error on my part somewhere. I tried again, only taking the space out of the name and using the program, and it worked like a charm. Big thanks to everyone on here who got this going and especially to pool_shark who put together the comprehensive step-by-step guide. I loved the phone before, but now that I essentially have full run on choosing which programs I can multi-screen it's everything I could have asked for.

I've been trying to get this working and finally have Java running correctly from command prompt but when trying to decompile an apk using the script I get the error message "mode not recognized as an internal or external command." Any thoughts?
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #74  

The script isn't mine so I'm not sure I can help with that, but just using google for that message, this keeps coming up.

How to fix

Ok, figured it out. Multitool needs to be directly in C: path. Now if I could get the apk to recompile
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast