Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    Stock

Default Moving My Thunderbolt card to my Note 2

I'm getting my Note 2 tomorrow and I need to know if I can put the sd card (From my Thunderbolt) right in the new phone and be good to go?

Should it work or should I format it before moving it over. Will it move over ?

Thanks in advance.

Vince

Default Re: Moving My Thunderbolt card to my Note 2

You can put it right in. Should pick up and read all your media and photos and everything else from the card.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using Android Central Forums.
    Since 2008: HTC Wing>Sidekick 3>Sidekick Slide>Sidekick LX 2009>Palm Pre>Blackberry Curve 8330>Motorola Droid>HTC Thunderbolt>Razr Maxx>Samsung Galaxy Note 2>Samsung Galaxy Note 3.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by mcgeorge36 View Post
    You can put it right in. Should pick up and read all your media and photos and everything else from the card.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using Android Central Forums.
    Great, thanks.

I concur, just simply insert the same memory card directly into your new phone. No need for formatting. The only inconvenience I've found is sometimes I have to search for where my files are located, such as music and picture files because a new phone may place it in another different drive path. Annoying, but you will figure it out.
    Is that a Samsung Note 3 in your pocket or are you just glad to see me?
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Casey415 View Post
    I concur, just simply insert the same memory card directly into your new phone. No need for formatting. The only inconvenience I've found is sometimes I have to search for where my files are located, such as music and picture files because a new phone may place it in another different drive path. Annoying, but you will figure it out.
    OK, thanks for the heads up.

Yep me and my wife came from the Thunderbolt and stuck our 32GB SD Card's right into the Note 2 and all was well. No problems.

Although I am seriously looking to expand... Radioshack has the Sandisk 64GB Ultra Class 10 Micro SDXC cards on sale for $46 :S I wants. Now to talk the wife into it lol
    Samsung Galaxy Note 2 on Verizon
    Cyanogen Mod 10.1 Nightlies

Quote Originally Posted by DaRkL3AD3R View Post
    Yep me and my wife came from the Thunderbolt and stuck our 32GB SD Card's right into the Note 2 and all was well. No problems.

Although I am seriously looking to expand... Radioshack has the Sandisk 64GB Ultra Class 10 Micro SDXC cards on sale for $46 :S I wants. Now to talk the wife into it lol
    I have the same 64GB Sandisk Ultra card that I bought from Best Buy for $49 a month ago on sale. Works great! I already have it half filled with pics and videos and stuff.
    You cannot have a large enough memory card, haha!
    Is that a Samsung Note 3 in your pocket or are you just glad to see me?