Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 25 of 25
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Simple toy to auto pair Note 2 audio with your car's speakers

    This is the TuneLink specifically for Android. Not enough accessory makers make android specific product.

    It looks like a cigarette lighter charger but it has a built in bluetooth receiver and a FM transmitter. Best part for us note 2 users... You can charge with the included 2.1A usb port even while using the bluetooth function! Let me know if you guys like it or if you have a better solution that you use?

    check out the full review, video, and pictures here.
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Simple toy to auto pair Note 2 audio with your car's speakers

    Quote Originally Posted by secondandonly View Post
    This is the TuneLink specifically for Android. Not enough accessory makers make android specific product.

    It looks like a cigarette lighter charger but it has a built in bluetooth receiver and a FM transmitter. Best part for us note 2 users... You can charge with the included 2.1A usb port even while using the bluetooth function! Let me know if you guys like it or if you have a better solution that you use?

    check out the full review, video, and pictures here.
    I have been using the TuneLink since August and it is a great way to stream via BT for those of us that don't have it built in to the car. I bought the iPhone version, which I found out works for both Android and iOS. The Android version only works on Android. Keep that in mind if you have both OS's that might use the same car.

    I bought mine at Best Buy for $99. I don't know what it costs now, but as I was looking at different choices, the TuneLink was actually less expensive than the other options and did the same things. The fact that it comes with everything you need is nice too.
    Current Devices:
    OnePlus One
    LG G3 - AT&T
    Motorola Moto X - unlocked GSM
    Samsung Galaxy Note 8 - LTE AT&T
    Apple iPad Mini Retina - 32GB LTE
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: Simple toy to auto pair Note 2 audio with your car's speakers

    In the video I show my old set up at the end. I had nothing but tangled cables and plastic going in all directions banging my knee. The connection was iffy and sound was nothing special. TuneLink really is night and day. Cheapest I saw was 89.99 on Amazon. Maybe a little cheaper after the holidays?
  4. #4  
    fwhomeboy's Avatar

    Posts
    169 Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Simple toy to auto pair Note 2 audio with your car's speakers

    Quote Originally Posted by jneusch View Post
    I have been using the TuneLink since August and it is a great way to stream via BT for those of us that don't have it built in to the car. I bought the iPhone version, which I found out works for both Android and iOS. The Android version only works on Android. Keep that in mind if you have both OS's that might use the same car.

    I bought mine at Best Buy for $99. I don't know what it costs now, but as I was looking at different choices, the TuneLink was actually less expensive than the other options and did the same things. The fact that it comes with everything you need is nice too.
    Why would anyone buy the android only version if the Iphone version works on both ? Hmmm...
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Simple toy to auto pair Note 2 audio with your car's speakers

    Quote Originally Posted by fwhomeboy View Post
    Why would anyone buy the android only version if the Iphone version works on both ? Hmmm...
    ABSOLUTE commitment!
    Current Devices:
    OnePlus One
    LG G3 - AT&T
    Motorola Moto X - unlocked GSM
    Samsung Galaxy Note 8 - LTE AT&T
    Apple iPad Mini Retina - 32GB LTE
  6. #6  
    MrSmith317's Avatar
    Mr Fix-It

    Posts
    2,214 Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted

    Default Re: Simple toy to auto pair Note 2 audio with your car's speakers

    Ok, here's my only question on this product. Why would anyone use it? If you have aux in on your stereo and are willing to run a cable to it....why not just plug into your phone/media device? Does the unit have any kind of audio boost/volume regulation? Basically does it offer any more features than being a BT bridge to your phone?
    Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long.
    We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things,
    because we're curious...and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.

    -Walt Disney
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Simple toy to auto pair Note 2 audio with your car's speakers

    Quote Originally Posted by MrSmith317 View Post
    Ok, here's my only question on this product. Why would anyone use it? If you have aux in on your stereo and are willing to run a cable to it....why not just plug into your phone/media device? Does the unit have any kind of audio boost/volume regulation? Basically does it offer any more features than being a BT bridge to your phone?
    I was thinking the same thing.
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Simple toy to auto pair Note 2 audio with your car's speakers

    Quote Originally Posted by MrSmith317 View Post
    Ok, here's my only question on this product. Why would anyone use it? If you have aux in on your stereo and are willing to run a cable to it....why not just plug into your phone/media device? Does the unit have any kind of audio boost/volume regulation? Basically does it offer any more features than being a BT bridge to your phone?
    convenience

    Plus if your bluetooth device that you are plugging in supports APT-X it could be better quality than just plugging it in.
  9. #9  
    bvitale's Avatar

    Posts
    117 Posts
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts

    Default Re: Simple toy to auto pair Note 2 audio with your car's speakers

    Quote Originally Posted by RLLangley View Post
    convenience

    Plus if your bluetooth device that you are plugging in supports APT-X it could be better quality than just plugging it in.
    But that quality is lost being transmitted over FM. At least it isn't a tape deck adapter. Those were the best.
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Simple toy to auto pair Note 2 audio with your car's speakers

    Quote Originally Posted by bvitale79 View Post
    But that quality is lost being transmitted over FM. At least it isn't a tape deck adapter. Those were the best.
    What is being transmitted over FM? Bluetooth from your phone and then into the AUX jack. Never needs to be sent over FM.
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Simple toy to auto pair Note 2 audio with your car's speakers

    I BT to the TuneLink then Aux from there. No wires unless I want to charge it. The Aux port and plug in adapter are both in the center console for me, so it keeps a cleaner look. Plus, when I had my GS3 and it was connected to the AUX port and to a BT headset, callers could not hear me when on a call. The Aux port would cancel out the BT microphone and end up with no mic at all. I could hear the caller on my headset, but that was it. I would have to quickly unplug the Aux connection to have a conversation. The TL solved this issue and I have kept using it.

    I tried the FM modulator, but it sounded like every other FM modulator I have ever heard, crappy!

    My other car has the GM MyLink system which uses Bluetooth to connect the phone and media audio and even has built in pass through for Pandora and Stitcher. This works extremely well and no TuneLink is necessary in this situation.
    Current Devices:
    OnePlus One
    LG G3 - AT&T
    Motorola Moto X - unlocked GSM
    Samsung Galaxy Note 8 - LTE AT&T
    Apple iPad Mini Retina - 32GB LTE
  12. #12  

    Default Re: Simple toy to auto pair Note 2 audio with your car's speakers

    Quote Originally Posted by RLLangley View Post
    What is being transmitted over FM? Bluetooth from your phone and then into the AUX jack. Never needs to be sent over FM.
    I Don't have an AUX jack so I'd need FM transmitter. But then it sounds crappy, so I'm totally out of luck!!
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

    Default Re: Simple toy to auto pair Note 2 audio with your car's speakers

    Quote Originally Posted by jodyberry View Post
    I Don't have an AUX jack so I'd need FM transmitter. But then it sounds crappy, so I'm totally out of luck!!
    I don't know where you're getting that the FM transmitter feature is crappy on the TuneLink. The android app you can download from Tunelink uses your phone's GPS to find the best FM station for the clearest signal wherever you are in your area. In the weeks that I tested it, I never had a "crappy" sound.
  14. #14  

    Default Simple toy to auto pair Note 2 audio with your car's speakers

    Quote Originally Posted by secondandonly View Post
    I don't know where you're getting that the FM transmitter feature is crappy on the TuneLink. The android app you can download from Tunelink uses your phone's GPS to find the best FM station for the clearest signal wherever you are in your area. In the weeks that I tested it, I never had a "crappy" sound.
    You're right, to your point. The app does a nice job, however the inherent limitations of FM modulators as compared to the sound from a hard wire or true BT streaming to an in-car system is noticeably not as good. When I said crappy maybe I was being too harsh.



    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Current Devices:
    OnePlus One
    LG G3 - AT&T
    Motorola Moto X - unlocked GSM
    Samsung Galaxy Note 8 - LTE AT&T
    Apple iPad Mini Retina - 32GB LTE
  15. #15  

    Default Re: Simple toy to auto pair Note 2 audio with your car's speakers

    I looked at the Tunelink but after reading the Amazon reviews it seemed to me like the product has some quality issues. I went with this cheaper option instead:

    Amazon.com: Miccus Mini-jack RX: Bluetooth Music Receiver pair it with Phones, Tablets, PCs and Apple Devices: MP3 Players & Accessories

    It was easy to install and so far is working well with the Note 2.
  16. #16  

    Default Re: Simple toy to auto pair Note 2 audio with your car's speakers

    Another option that is out there is the HTC Bluetooth Music Clip. I picked one up at my local Verizon store yesterday. With my 25% discount it came out under $50. Good thing about this one is it does support Apt-X which the Note 2 has.
  17. #17  

    Default Re: Simple toy to auto pair Note 2 audio with your car's speakers

    I have been using the HTC Bluetooth music clip for almost a year. The music quality and frequency response is better than all of the others I have tried. The only problem with this and the Note II is that none of the Samsung devices will automatically connect to two Bluetooth devices at once, so I always have to manually connect through the Bluetooth settings on the phone. I also have Bluetooth calling built in to my car, that is why I have to connect to both. I have complained to Samsung several times, but they never seem to add the codec or drivers to allow for multiple Bluetooth device auto connection. It worked perfectly with my Maxx HD, DNA, 8x and older Maxx. The sound is CD quality and the HTC adapter is about the size of a USB stick. I love it.
  18. #18  

    Default Re: Simple toy to auto pair Note 2 audio with your car's speakers

    Hmm, I connect to my Plantronics BT headset and my TuneLink automatically everyday. It didn't work that way with my GS3, but so far so good on the N2.

    Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums
    Current Devices:
    OnePlus One
    LG G3 - AT&T
    Motorola Moto X - unlocked GSM
    Samsung Galaxy Note 8 - LTE AT&T
    Apple iPad Mini Retina - 32GB LTE
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  

    Default Re: Simple toy to auto pair Note 2 audio with your car's speakers

    thank you both for the HTC clip mention, I'll check it out. Aptx is a limitation on the Tunelink.
  20. #20  

    Default Re: Simple toy to auto pair Note 2 audio with your car's speakers

    I use this Jabra fm transmitter. It won't charge anything but it does a good job of playing my phone audio through my car speakers. And it has a built in speaker if you don't want to use car speakers. It says it's $50 but I got mine a couple of years ago for $30.

    Amazon.com: Jabra SP700 Bluetooth Speakerphone: Cell Phones & Accessories
    Last edited by tjlandberg; 12-23-2012 at 01:29 PM.
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #21  

    Default Re: Simple toy to auto pair Note 2 audio with your car's speakers

    reading through reviews, the jabra seems pretty buggy? Also, FM transmitter only is a bit much for me and I really like not having to worry about charging anything. The tunelink just became another part of my car. Once I installed it I haven't touched it again really. It auto connects and it feels like I have built in bluetooth.

    Thanks for the option though.
    Thanked by:
  22. #22  

    Default Re: Simple toy to auto pair Note 2 audio with your car's speakers

    I have two of them and I haven't had any issues and it seems stronger then other fm transmitters. Of course if one of your goals is a charger then this wont work and a charger would come in handy.
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #23  

    Default Re: Simple toy to auto pair Note 2 audio with your car's speakers

    right on, thanks TJ.

    I trust a fellow forum reader, especially one with 400 registered posts more than me. I'll try the jabra out as well.
  24. #24  

    Default Re: Simple toy to auto pair Note 2 audio with your car's speakers

    I Like the Blackberry Gateway better and its only $50.00 works like a charm
  25. #25  

    Default Re: Simple toy to auto pair Note 2 audio with your car's speakers

    I use a standard 6.99 tape adapter in my z. Quality is great especially with my equalizer app. I just want a nice car mount/dock for it now

    Fmtransmitter gave me static snowy interference so I stopped using it

Similar Threads

  1. Problems pairing the Nexus with my car
    By AndroidOne in forum Sprint Nexus S 4G
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-22-2012, 03:36 AM
  2. How to take a screen shot with your Epic Touch (rooted and stock)
    By qbking77 in forum Sprint Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-02-2011, 11:09 PM
  3. Bluetooth issues with your car?
    By slbelt in forum Verizon Droid Charge
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-24-2011, 05:39 PM
  4. Is it possible to sync the whole phone with your PC
    By XXI in forum Verizon Droid Incredible
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-13-2010, 01:45 PM
  5. Any way to sync Outlook Notes with my Incredible?
    By NeveSSL in forum Verizon Droid Incredible
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-01-2010, 06:08 PM

Posting Permissions