Simple toy to auto pair Note 2 audio with your car's speakers

secondandonly

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
This is the TuneLink specifically for Android. Not enough accessory makers make android specific product.

It looks like a cigarette lighter charger but it has a built in bluetooth receiver and a FM transmitter. Best part for us note 2 users... You can charge with the included 2.1A usb port even while using the bluetooth function! Let me know if you guys like it or if you have a better solution that you use?

check out the full review, video, and pictures here.

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
This is the TuneLink specifically for Android. Not enough accessory makers make android specific product.

It looks like a cigarette lighter charger but it has a built in bluetooth receiver and a FM transmitter. Best part for us note 2 users... You can charge with the included 2.1A usb port even while using the bluetooth function! Let me know if you guys like it or if you have a better solution that you use?

check out the full review, video, and pictures here.

I have been using the TuneLink since August and it is a great way to stream via BT for those of us that don't have it built in to the car. I bought the iPhone version, which I found out works for both Android and iOS. The Android version only works on Android. Keep that in mind if you have both OS's that might use the same car.

I bought mine at Best Buy for $99. I don't know what it costs now, but as I was looking at different choices, the TuneLink was actually less expensive than the other options and did the same things. The fact that it comes with everything you need is nice too.

secondandonly

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
In the video I show my old set up at the end. I had nothing but tangled cables and plastic going in all directions banging my knee. The connection was iffy and sound was nothing special. TuneLink really is night and day. Cheapest I saw was 89.99 on Amazon. Maybe a little cheaper after the holidays?

fwhomeboy

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
I have been using the TuneLink since August and it is a great way to stream via BT for those of us that don't have it built in to the car. I bought the iPhone version, which I found out works for both Android and iOS. The Android version only works on Android. Keep that in mind if you have both OS's that might use the same car.

I bought mine at Best Buy for $99. I don't know what it costs now, but as I was looking at different choices, the TuneLink was actually less expensive than the other options and did the same things. The fact that it comes with everything you need is nice too.

Why would anyone buy the android only version if the Iphone version works on both ? Hmmm...

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
Ok, here's my only question on this product. Why would anyone use it? If you have aux in on your stereo and are willing to run a cable to it....why not just plug into your phone/media device? Does the unit have any kind of audio boost/volume regulation? Basically does it offer any more features than being a BT bridge to your phone?

Bowman53

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Ok, here's my only question on this product. Why would anyone use it? If you have aux in on your stereo and are willing to run a cable to it....why not just plug into your phone/media device? Does the unit have any kind of audio boost/volume regulation? Basically does it offer any more features than being a BT bridge to your phone?

I was thinking the same thing.

RLLangley

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site

convenience

Plus if your bluetooth device that you are plugging in supports APT-X it could be better quality than just plugging it in.

bvitale

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
convenience

Plus if your bluetooth device that you are plugging in supports APT-X it could be better quality than just plugging it in.

But that quality is lost being transmitted over FM. At least it isn't a tape deck adapter. Those were the best.

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I BT to the TuneLink then Aux from there. No wires unless I want to charge it. The Aux port and plug in adapter are both in the center console for me, so it keeps a cleaner look. Plus, when I had my GS3 and it was connected to the AUX port and to a BT headset, callers could not hear me when on a call. The Aux port would cancel out the BT microphone and end up with no mic at all. I could hear the caller on my headset, but that was it. I would have to quickly unplug the Aux connection to have a conversation. The TL solved this issue and I have kept using it.

I tried the FM modulator, but it sounded like every other FM modulator I have ever heard, crappy!

My other car has the GM MyLink system which uses Bluetooth to connect the phone and media audio and even has built in pass through for Pandora and Stitcher. This works extremely well and no TuneLink is necessary in this situation.

secondandonly

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
I Don't have an AUX jack so I'd need FM transmitter. But then it sounds crappy, so I'm totally out of luck!!

I don't know where you're getting that the FM transmitter feature is crappy on the TuneLink. The android app you can download from Tunelink uses your phone's GPS to find the best FM station for the clearest signal wherever you are in your area. In the weeks that I tested it, I never had a "crappy" sound.

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I don't know where you're getting that the FM transmitter feature is crappy on the TuneLink. The android app you can download from Tunelink uses your phone's GPS to find the best FM station for the clearest signal wherever you are in your area. In the weeks that I tested it, I never had a "crappy" sound.

You're right, to your point. The app does a nice job, however the inherent limitations of FM modulators as compared to the sound from a hard wire or true BT streaming to an in-car system is noticeably not as good. When I said crappy maybe I was being too harsh.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RLLangley

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Another option that is out there is the HTC Bluetooth Music Clip. I picked one up at my local Verizon store yesterday. With my 25% discount it came out under $50. Good thing about this one is it does support Apt-X which the Note 2 has.

techgeek32#WN

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
I have been using the HTC Bluetooth music clip for almost a year. The music quality and frequency response is better than all of the others I have tried. The only problem with this and the Note II is that none of the Samsung devices will automatically connect to two Bluetooth devices at once, so I always have to manually connect through the Bluetooth settings on the phone. I also have Bluetooth calling built in to my car, that is why I have to connect to both. I have complained to Samsung several times, but they never seem to add the codec or drivers to allow for multiple Bluetooth device auto connection. It worked perfectly with my Maxx HD, DNA, 8x and older Maxx. The sound is CD quality and the HTC adapter is about the size of a USB stick. I love it.

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Hmm, I connect to my Plantronics BT headset and my TuneLink automatically everyday. It didn't work that way with my GS3, but so far so good on the N2.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums