Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By volsfan0911
  • 1 Post By jsadler09
  • 1 Post By mrmoe110
  • 1 Post By jsadler09
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    JB

Default Turned NFC on last night for the first time...

It is awesome. Everyone I know has a damn iphone/ipad or older Android devices so me using NFC is almost non existent. However, I wanted to send a picture from my Note 2 to my Nexus 7 and this is the first thing that came to mind. Turned it on and touched them back to back, tapped the screen, and BOOM picture sent. After that I couldnt stop sending stuff back and forth :-)

Now I need to find people with devices that support NFC so I can play around some more

How often do you use this feature on your device?

Global Posts
    302 Global Posts

Default Re: Turned NFC on last night for the first time...

Get some TecTiles, i have them at home, office, car, etc. I use them to auto set the phone, for example the one by the bed sets the alarm, dims the screen and turns down the ringer. the one in the car turns off wifi and turns on bluetooth.

Quote Originally Posted by vr002sh View Post
    Get some TecTiles, i have them at home, office, car, etc. I use them to auto set the phone, for example the one by the bed sets the alarm, dims the screen and turns down the ringer. the one in the car turns off wifi and turns on bluetooth.
    This, works great. I have one by front door and one on nightstand. Another tap as you're leaving undoes the actions. Now if VZW/ATT/TMOB/Sprint would get off their asses and get a mobile payment system rolled out, we could leave our wallets at home too.
    zapfrog likes this.

I'm loving NFC. My wife also has the Note II and we've used it to share pictures and videos, even contacts. I've got some tectiles at home/work/car, I even have a tec tile at work to swipe that triggers Tasker to say random things (talk sh*t) about a co-worker, everyone gets a kick out of that.
    zapfrog likes this.

Yes a wallet would be nice for payments! But for now swapping pics nd other assorted data is cool with nfc.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

ROM
    JB

Great idea with the tec tiles, didnt even think about that. Just ordered some! Now I cant wait to program them lol
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

Ummm Google wallet.

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I honestly haven't found any use for NFC yet so it's turned off on both my Note 2 and Nexus 7. On the occassional need to sync any files, I'll either do it via Wi-Fi to my home NAS (network attached storage), which also stores all my device backups or go old school and connect a USB data cable to PC. :::gasp::: lol

Global Posts
    220 Global Posts

I should get some Tectiles soon. What do you use to program them? Tie them to a Tasker task or what?

Global Posts
    142 Global Posts

For that has two samsung products with S-beam, how "instant" is it? I see in the commercials that you just tap em together and instant transfer of videos/pixs. Is it that fast? I know for the Android beam, you gotta tap the backs, then touch the screen to transfer, and only does it for certain files.

Quote Originally Posted by dedduck0121 View Post
    It is awesome. Everyone I know has a damn iphone/ipad or older Android devices so me using NFC is almost non existent. However, I wanted to send a picture from my Note 2 to my Nexus 7 and this is the first thing that came to mind. Turned it on and touched them back to back, tapped the screen, and BOOM picture sent. After that I couldnt stop sending stuff back and forth :-)

Now I need to find people with devices that support NFC so I can play around some more

How often do you use this feature on your device?
    NFC is great and let's you really see what the future might look like. Download the NFC Task Launcher app and you can order some NFC tags from there that are less expensive than the TecTiles. The development company the app even had a promotion where they would send you some for free just for tweeting a post for them. Not sure if that's still going on though.

Edit: Anybody curious about NFC tags should definitely check out NFC Task Launcher. It's simple to use and already has some default profiles you can use to get started.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by 2:
    dedduck0121 likes this.

+1 for nfc task launcher. That in conjunction with Tasker can be really powerful, I'm only starting to experiment.
    Thanked by:
    Bobman 
    dedduck0121 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mellimel22 View Post
    Ummm Google wallet.

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Umm, it doesn't work on Verizon.
    GOOGLE Talk name: matrix.underworld add me if you dare

Odd. When I tried to send a photo from my Note 2 to my Nexus 7 via NFC, it opens the Google Play store and says "Not Found." I haven't been able to send anything over NFC to my Nexus 7 from my Note 2. Want to clue me in on how you did it?

I just tried NFC yesterday for the first time and its redirecting me to the samsung website when i scan a tile? I have the Samsung Techtile app. Any ideas? I already tried uninistalling and reinstalling.
    GOOGLE Talk name: matrix.underworld add me if you dare