1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Alarm Clock

The stock alarm clock is driving me batty. First off, to reach it, you must go through about 4 steps. But what drives me batty is that it consistently will play for just a few seconds and stop. Several times last week it went off only for a fraction of a second. I caught it the second morning it did this because I was already awake waiting for my alarm to go of. Settings were all fine. Deleted that alarm and redid it. Worked fine a few mornings and now, for 2 mornings in a row, it goes off for approximately 3 seconds before stopping. This is the first thing I've seen about the N2 that I definitely don't like. Recommendations for a decent easy to use alarm appreciated.

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Default Re: Alarm Clock

Wow that's crazy. I was telling my wife just the other day that this was the best alarm I've had. I def have had a different experience
    What 4 steps are you taking about

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

1. Swipe down the top bar.
    2. Tap the clock.
    3. Tap the City.
    4. Tap Alarm.

Silly! And I can't find a way to manage multiple times. On my old T-bolt I had 3 different alarms listed with a checkbox next to each. On that, I just tapped the clock on the home screen, tapped the alarm icon and managed the alarms. This morning I added a second alarm for 30 minutes past my usual. First one went off instead. That was OK cause hubby woke up about 5 minutes earlier.

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Quote Originally Posted by rohanlady4 View Post
    1. Swipe down the top bar.
    2. Tap the clock.
    3. Tap the City.
    4. Tap Alarm.

Silly! And I can't find a way to manage multiple times. On my old T-bolt I had 3 different alarms listed with a checkbox next to each. On that, I just tapped the clock on the home screen, tapped the alarm icon and managed the alarms. This morning I added a second alarm for 30 minutes past my usual. First one went off instead. That was OK cause hubby woke up about 5 minutes earlier.
    Open the app drawer , go to clock, long press and put it on your home screen , then it is just one click away.
    Or long press on home screen , select widgets, then place the alarm widget on home screen.
    I have 6 alarms set for different functions at work and they all go off properly.
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Clock widgets are weird. Modern clock, dual clocks? No plain old large clock widget like on my old T-bolt? I could do the weather widget with clock, but I used My-Cast Weather instead.

All said, that doesn't solve my initial problem that the alarm goes off for just a few seconds. Maybe it's just my phone being strange, but I will find a decent alarm app instead.

Global Posts
    115 Global Posts

I really liked Gentle Alarm on my Thunderbolt.

I tried several alarm clocks but stayed with Alarm Clock Xtreme. It has never failed me and has lots of great options.

use the alarm Clock widget...works great.

Quote Originally Posted by bvitale79 View Post
    I really liked Gentle Alarm on my Thunderbolt.
    I used Gentle Alarm on my Droid Incredible & loved it because I could set a silent alarm with just the vibrate that would wake me up & not my wife. It doesn't work now that I've upgraded to the Note 2 because the vibrate is so quiet. I actually have instances where I don't feel it in my pocket @ work.
    --------------------
    "They don't think it be like it is, but it do." -Oscar Gamble
    --------------------

UniqLo wakeUp is the app I've been using