Convince me to switch from the gnexus to the note 2!

infmethod

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Size stopped bothering me after 2 hours. Now I ask myself why I havent had a larger screen prior. I, too, came from a GNEX, which I thought was an amazing device. This trumps it and then some. This is hands down the best mobile device you can buy. Everything about it screams festive. The battery is amazing, the display is amazing, the camera is stellar and I love the s pen. The s pen is not only a very cool but is honestly very useful. I highly recommend this phone and if you arent satisfied, ill give you $300! I cant back that last part up but do yourself a favor and go get it now!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

elvisgp

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Size stopped bothering me after 2 hours. Now I ask myself why I havent had a larger screen prior. I, too, came from a GNEX, which I thought was an amazing device. This trumps it and then some. This is hands down the best mobile device you can buy. Everything about it screams festive. The battery is amazing, the display is amazing, the camera is stellar and I love the s pen. The s pen is not only a very cool but is honestly very useful. I highly recommend this phone and if you arent satisfied, ill give you $300! I cant back that last part up but do yourself a favor and go get it now!
haha. I'll be waiting for my $300. lol. but hopefully I love the device.

maxburn

May 19, 2011
Visit site
I didn't like my galaxy nexus, the screen was defective on one and not a whole lot better on the other (blue haze at the top). Also the charger doesn't keep up with driving and using google maps. Very tiny battery and no SD card. Loved android on it but the hardware was lacking in a bunch of ways.

Note 2 beats it hands down in every measurement. Even the note 1 is better in every way.

I had my gnexus (both) for a total of a month or so before moving to the Note 1, and that for four months or so before going to the Note 2. I'm certainly not looking back.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Ive owned the GNex. I can honestly say I couldn't use it unless I had to in an emergency now. I absolutely love my GN2. The battery life is amazing. Depending on what I am doing Ive gotten 5 to 6 hours of on screen time with the screen at 70% brightness. I'm an average sized guy, I'm only 5' 8.5" and the size doesn't bother me at all. I do not put the note in my pocket though. I have an OB Defender on it. Even with that the size does not bother me at all. I am in the military and the only thing that looks a bit odd is when it is in the holster under the top. It pokes out some. That is also cause the top is a bit too small but with the cost of those things Ill get a new one next year lol. Run by VZW and play with one. I'm almost certain you will not be disappointed.

Bless you. Please stay safe. Thank you for ALL you do to keep us free

sent from either my HTC Rezound or my Samsung Galaxy 10.1 tablet

Droid_Evo_8

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Sorry if I haven't got back to you last night, elvis. I got sleepy. LOL
But ya, coming from the Nexus to the Note 2 is no comparison. Day and night difference. Quad-core power, 2GBs of RAM, microsd card, beautiful & nicely sized screen (compared to the small screen of the Nexus) AND phenomenal battery life that blows the Nexus off the water. I didn't care for the size even though I didn't get a chance to play with it much. Just went to the VZW store, paid the phone in full (just to keep my unlimited data) and off to merry way I go. LOL
I have not missed my Nexus from that day on. :D

elvisgp

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Sorry if I haven't got back to you last night, elvis. I got sleepy. LOL
But ya, coming from the Nexus to the Note 2 is no comparison. Day and night difference. Quad-core power, 2GBs of RAM, microsd card, beautiful & nicely sized screen (compared to the small screen of the Nexus) AND phenomenal battery life that blows the Nexus off the water. I didn't care for the size even though I didn't get a chance to play with it much. Just went to the VZW store, paid the phone in full (just to keep my unlimited data) and off to merry way I go. LOL
I have not missed my Nexus from that day on. :D

Haha no big deal about u not answering. Thanks for your answer though. I think I will go note 2. Sorry gnex but I need my battery life.

Sent from my jelly bean flavored nexus.

Droid_Evo_8

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Haha no big deal about u not answering. Thanks for your answer though. I think I will go note 2. Sorry gnex but I need my battery life.

Sent from my jelly bean flavored nexus.

Like some say though, test it out first at the store. Try see if you can get comfortable with its size, otherwise, get the next big thing: the S3. Goodluck with your purchase and let us know how it goes.

elvisgp

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Like some say though, test it out first at the store. Try see if you can get comfortable with its size, otherwise, get the next big thing: the S3. Goodluck with your purchase and let us know how it goes.

Yeah. I will probably go there later this week and I will be sure to report back.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

mrxblue

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Get the Nexus 4. My battery has been excellent. Not in the Note 2 category but still excellent. You will miss the updates.

I came from a Samsung GS2 and I know that my battery was very similar to the Gnex. Poor to horrible.

I am at 12 hours off charger and am just about at 4 hours screen time. Plus I streamed music for an hour and ran my navigation for around 30minutes.

I'm now able to go all day. I can't figure out all the bad reviews on battery except that they have faulty units. Mine has been amazing. And so fast. Plus the IPS LCD screen is gorgeous. Don't miss the AMOLED at all.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

If you watch a lot of media(YouTube or browsing news sites), then gn2 is s must! You don't know what you're missing. I had a Samsung galaxy nexus with Verizon carrier prior to gn2.

Sent from Samsung galaxy note 2 (Verizon), titanium color

elvisgp

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Well I got the note 2 today and I have to say that it is AWESOME. I got use to the size really fast and it fits fine in my pocket. Thanks every one for helping me decide on this phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon