Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By YeOldeHippy
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Re: Tempered Glass Screen Protector

I would only get one if you are absolutely sure that you will never buy a case that this won't fit in with the cover on.

Default Tempered Glass Screen Protector

I just recently dumped my thunderbolt and picked up this awesome GN2. Thinking about trying a tempered glass screen protector. Has anyone tried one before and what are your opinions of them? The one I'm considering is linked below.

Voyager 2 for Samsung | XGearlive

Thanks in advance!

Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    ROM

kinda wondering on this myself

Global Posts
    240 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzy / Stock for now

Quote Originally Posted by ejb1013 View Post
    I just recently dumped my thunderbolt and picked up this awesome GN2. Thinking about trying a tempered glass screen protector. Has anyone tried one before and what are your opinions of them? The one I'm considering is linked below.

Thanks in advance!
    I had one on my Gnex and i loved it. I just got mine in for the GN2 today and so far no issues at all with touch sensitivity or spen functionally

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by 2:

I got mine in the mail today and just put it on. Install was easy, my case still fits and the feel of it is almost identical to stock. It came with 2 home button replacements (black and silver) so the home button wouldnt feel recessed ... and to cover the Verizon logo which never bothered me at all.

BTW the case I use is here:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B009UW...idcentral00-20

Despite its ridiculously affordable price its a very effective case especially now that I have this protector.

Hope this helps someone.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    4,741 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Looks pretty sweet. Anyone using this with the Seidio Active case?
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by ejb1013 View Post
    I got mine in the mail today and just put it on. Install was easy, my case still fits and the feel of it is almost identical to stock. It came with 2 home button replacements (black and silver) so the home button wouldnt feel recessed ... and to cover the Verizon logo which never bothered me at all.

BTW the case I use is here:

Fosmon HYBO-SK Series PC + TPU Hybrid Kickstand Case for Samsung Galaxy Note 2 II / N7100 - Black:Amazon:Cell Phones & Accessories

Despite its ridiculously affordable price its a very effective case especially now that I have this protector.

Hope this helps someone.

Great info thank you! Any chance you could post a pic of what it looks like please?

Thanks and here it is ... this is the after pic complete with the silver home button.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Tempered Glass Screen Protector-uploadfromtaptalk1356665979556.jpg  

Can you put a link of where you bought it? I can't find where they sell it

Quote Originally Posted by EASTBAYRIDER7 View Post
    Can you put a link of where you bought it? I can't find where they sell it
    Sorry, Here is the correct link.

The Voyager fits fine with my Otterbox Defender case. The protector installation was insanely easy. Took less than 1 min. to perfectly install (after using bathroom method of insuring dust free environment)
    No bubbles at all. Phone functions as though no protector is being used. Sensitivity seems to be unaffected. The acid test came 2 days ago when I dropped my phone (accidentally) about 5 feet and it landed screen down on the edge of a concrete parking spot bumper. The Voyager had about 500 cracks in it but the phone screen had no damage whatsoever. I have ordered another Voyager and will highly recommend it to anyone with a Note 2.
    ejb1013 likes this.

I have the Seidio active case, and this protector works perfectly.
    SEIDIO | VITREO for Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Global Posts
    21 Global Posts

After viewing the post regarding screen protection, I opted for the voyager. I am not as pleased as some others. There is a slight problem with sensitivity. When using the stock contacts, the alphabet on the side for quick locations, does not respond. Also, sometimes you have to use more pressure on the screen. It does fit perfectly, and it is easy to install. and it fits to my Otterbox commuter perfectly. Haven't decided if I am going to remove it,

ROM
    None

Quote Originally Posted by billpur View Post
    After viewing the post regarding screen protection, I opted for the voyager. I am not as pleased as some others. There is a slight problem with sensitivity. When using the stock contacts, the alphabet on the side for quick locations, does not respond. Also, sometimes you have to use more pressure on the screen. It does fit perfectly, and it is easy to install. and it fits to my Otterbox commuter perfectly. Haven't decided if I am going to remove it,
    I have the "Mime" glass protector and I have no touch screen issues at all.

Global Posts
    21 Global Posts

Ok, I threw in the towel. I removed the voyager 2 in order to be able to use touch on the outer limits of the screen.

Quote Originally Posted by billpur View Post
    Ok, I threw in the towel. I removed the voyager 2 in order to be able to use touch on the outer limits of the screen.
    I forgot all about this thread. probably becasuse I no longer use the voyager 2 as well. But unlike you my issue was not the touch sensitivity ... mine was that it fell off ... mysteriously fell clean off my phone. I looked at my phone and it was gone. No drops at all and nothing else I could recall that would cause it to detach. I couldn't even pinpoint the time it happened. It was fine while it lasted but I've since switched to the Spigen Ultra Crystal screen protector and haven't looked back.