Help me with battery issue

izhazissuez

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
Unplugged my phone from the charger down 5% in less than 20 minutes. Looking at the battery monitor Google maps has taken 66% of my battery without even being opened. GPS is off I haven't even requested the mapping program to be open. Any ideas??uploadfromtaptalk1356432755626.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
First 7 to 8%of your battery goes down the fastest. Once your battery hits 100% while on the charger it stops charging and trickles for a bit then starts charging again so although you are on the charger reading 100% this trickle process has already started. As for maps I don't know. Could be left over from before the charging process or Perhaps It shares code with another app. Maybe you have a widget set up to scan location or browser. .....Etc

You're weather channel widget may be using maps for location. ? Just a theory

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

Last edited:

izhazissuez

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
I have the gps, wifi, blue tooth and auto sync off. As for the weather application I have the my location feature off. Phooey

izhazissuez

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
Also I only have a calendar widget and nothing else that uses the gps or maps as far as I can tell

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Just keep an eye on it for the next couple days and see if Maps continues to be the main culprit

izhazissuez

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
Well I cleared the cache and uninstalled the updates, did a battery pull and now re-installed the updates. Hoping that this will rectify the issue. Will see what happens and report back. Thanks for responding merry Christmas

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Well I cleared the cache and uninstalled the updates, did a battery pull and now re-installed the updates. Hoping that this will rectify the issue. Will see what happens and report back. Thanks for responding merry Christmas

Merry Christmas!

coryteague

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
This week I have seen an almost 50% drop in total Battery I get throughout the day which has me needing to charge before 5 pm everyday instead of getting through day and night before needing to charge. . Frustrating! Anyone Else seeing this?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

flipster

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
You're weather channel widget may be using maps for location. ? Just a theory

Not sure if it's any help, but when I had my iPhone or so a year ago, this was a major issue for anyone with the app. It had been doing something in the background that was draining the crap out of the battery. They did fix the issue though, but just a thought, it might be that?

EDIT: So I just investigated into this since it used to happen with iPhones. I looked into the task manager of my note 2 and noticed that the weather channel app was highlighted in red? Hadn't used to app for hours. It said it was using ram and cpu (like 16%)...I think that may have been your issue. I deleted the app after I noticed this.

Last edited:

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I had the problem on Monday and I couldn't figure out out. I tried pulling the battery and the phone wouldn't even restart. I had best buy replace it as defective. I had only had the phone 12 days.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

JRZLocal

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
If you have battery issues I got a charger and 3 batteries from ebay for 15 bucks. Yeah its from China and I was a little skeptical but it came in about 2 weeks and works legit. I've had no issues at all and never worry about battery life. I keep everything on all the time, bluetooth, wifi, gps, my screen is tuned up and I never have to worry about battery life I can just use the phone like it was supposed to be used.

R19 3X 3500mAh Battery Charger for Samsung Galaxy Note 2 II i605 I317 T889 | eBay

izhazissuez

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
Just wondering why on my battery life it is showing the Android os using up so much battery any ideas? uploadfromtaptalk1356662010935.jpg